SET FREE THE ASCENDANCY POINTS (or rework the lab) [New ascension methods/lab rework ideas]

That's strange if it haden't been mentioned in the patchnotes ...
I didn't notice anything in normal, I just reached a3 cruel so I'll see soon I guess.

I don't think that there was really any need to extend the patterns.
Some are definitely much longer than others, but that isn't new.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Last edited by Fruz on Dec 6, 2016, 12:17:05 AM
Well then, maybe adding another way of getting points/enchants would be ok(fewer/weaker though, no way in hell would it be ok to give same rewards to 2 different things, then the lab would be kinda useless except for the players that don't whine about it), but removing the lab wouldn't be ok at all(or removing those rewards from the lab).

The lab is easy though, unless you're a noob that 1) goes underleveled then blames the lab for "being too hard" or 2) rushes then wonders why he died to traps that require a bit of thinking

"
jlt314 wrote:
"
Lol people want "the fun game" that PoE "was before lab" but instead of making a thread about this they could just avoid the lab. You don't want lab? Don't do it. You want those ascendancy points? Well, "the fun game" that was PoE before didn't have them, so why do you care about them?

maybe, just maybe, because such a major change to the concept of classes should not be locked behind a poorly tested and poorly balanced enforced genre-shift?

P.S. after some additional reading, I blame whoever came up with the idea that pixel precise platforming and puzzles are a good idea on any other genre ;)

Puzzles are fun and always welcome unless they're mind-breaking. The ones in PoE aren't that unless you're braindead.

Pixel precise platforming? Try Geometry Dash then come back and complain about traps anymore. You'll want them.
If I wanted to play traps, it would NOT be the crap in PoE. It would be a totally different game that has fun traps and better control, e.g., Frogger, Mario, Prince of Persia, or Tomb Raider.

edit: @GehennamIgnis96 Not sure what you were trying to prove but, I tried Geometry Dash and it was crap, still more fun than labyrinth though.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
Last edited by Turtledove on Dec 7, 2016, 12:44:28 AM
I agree with this thread. Free Ascendancy from the labyrinth content.
"
Turtledove wrote:
If I wanted to play traps, it would NOT be the crap in PoE. It would be a totally different game that has fun traps and better control, e.g., Frogger, Mario, Prince of Persia, or Tomb Raider.

edit: @GehennamIgnis96 Not sure what you were trying to prove but, I tried Geometry Dash and it was crap, still more fun than labyrinth though.

Q_Q
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
"
cmacq wrote:
I agree with this thread. Free Ascendancy from the labyrinth content.

Yes, fellow exile. Hopefully soon GGG will snap out of the funk they're in. The lab/trials isn't fun.
Daily reminder the labyrinth is still garbage content and Izaro is way too overpowered compared to the mobs that die in 1 second in the same area. Also it's a 2vs1, considering the third phase nukes my GPU and I have to struggle with 10fps.
Personally I hate labyrinth and i realize GGG put way too many hours in to just trash the idea. So at the end how about instead of giving Ascendancy Points out right you get a token that gives you 2 points. Each token would be marked with its appropriate difficulty. The token would be tradable. So this way the people that don't want to run lab and hate it for any reason can just buy the token and the labyrinth remains just as rewarding if not more so, because now you can trade the points away for currency if you are good at running labyrinth.

Side note, the reason i hate running labyrinth is the traps. I plan on taking a hiatus from the game until labyrinth is fixed/better. If boredom overwhelms me, maybe I will come back but not until AP are no longer gated behind me running labyrinth myself.
Last edited by Brastin on Dec 10, 2016, 11:21:27 AM
Last big patch notes clearly indicate what GGG plan to change about the lab.

Spoiler
Absolutely nothing
As long as ascendancies are lab-gated, my donation status remains what it's been since it was added.

Spoiler
Absolutely nothing

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info