SET FREE THE ASCENDANCY POINTS (or rework the lab) [New ascension methods/lab rework ideas]

"
SaiyanZ wrote:
So I wasted my time, my offering, and am now frustrated.

What's 4c and 10mins on a character you're playing for hundreds of hours accumulating hundreds of chaos?
Perception is reality.
"
widardd wrote:
"
SaiyanZ wrote:

What's 4c and 10mins on a character you're playing for hundreds of hours accumulating hundreds of chaos?

For an employed someone with a family life who doesn't play PoE as a part time 'job' it can be a pretty large investment indeed.
"
"
widardd wrote:
"
SaiyanZ wrote:

For an employed someone with a family life who doesn't play PoE as a part time 'job' it can be a pretty large investment indeed.

Why is an employed someone not able to enjoy a character in poe for hundreds of hours?
Perception is reality.
"
widardd wrote:

Why is an employed someone not able to enjoy a character in poe for hundreds of hours?

Didn't say they couldn't.

What they might not want to do is repeat a lousy piece of design like the lab over and over again and farm the means to do so over and over again and net nothing in return because of PoE's flaky servers and game instability.

That's time that a person with a life and real job cannot recover.
"

I do! I'm even proudly rocking my PoE shirts at work, haha. Unless I need to suit up. I have yet to find the courage to show up at a presentation in a PoE shirt. :D

I'll have to do some lab runs irl before I ascend to that level of nerdhood.
Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.
Last edited by Xavathos on Dec 20, 2016, 10:25:29 AM
"
"
widardd wrote:

Didn't say they couldn't.

What they might not want to do is repeat a lousy piece of design like the lab over and over again and farm the means to do so over and over again and net nothing in return because of PoE's flaky servers and game instability.

That's time that a person with a life and real job cannot recover.

Cannot "recover " ?
Wth lol, seriously.

It's completely irrelevant here, at best fallacious.
Somebody that has less time will reroll less, and if that person keeps playing the game, it will take many more days to reach higher levels, that's it.
Time loss is basically the same, if it's a 10 min thing ( which I don't think it is, I would more go for 20 mins or 25 ), well if it's a technical problem it sucks and should be fixed, if it's the player's fault .... well, nothing to add there.

When you loose a high maps because of a server crash, that really sucks too, but that's how life is : sometimes it happens, deal with it.

( Not saying that GGG should not improve the stability obviously, lab crashes suck ).

"
Xavathos wrote:

I do! I'm even proudly rocking my PoE shirts at work, haha. Unless I need to suit up. I have yet to find the courage to show up at a presentation in a PoE shirt. :D

PoE shirt with a blazer on top of it man, you can do it !
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
"
Xavathos wrote:

Haha! :)

I keep reading that admiting or showing that you like gaming can be socially problematic.
In what cultures is that the case? I find that extremely weird.
Perception is reality.
"
widardd wrote:

I keep reading that admiting or showing that you like gaming can be socially problematic.

In many countries ( Hello European countries for example, maybe not all but .... ), medias seem to only start viewing video gaming as something acceptable ( because it's a big business opportunity for many maybe, who really knows ... ).
Couple of years ago, TV shows would just publicly laugh at the fact that streaming was becoming a popular thing, at the very idea that some people liked to watched others play games on the internet.

Don't underestimate people lol.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Last edited by Fruz on Dec 20, 2016, 10:50:47 AM
"
widardd wrote:
"
Xavathos wrote:

Haha! :)

There's not many gamers at my work. I guess it's not really a culture. :P (I work at a medical clinic)
Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.
"
SaiyanZ wrote:
"
widardd wrote:
"
SaiyanZ wrote:

It's more like 20 minutes. Then there's 15 or so boot enchants. So average time spent assuming no deaths or disconnects would be around 5 hours to get the enchant I want. No way I'm going to try that now when I get a disconnect at the end of the very first run.

It will be 10mins (or even less) if you continue to try. ;)

Is your boot enchantment that important? I always wait for that until I have 2 rows of offerings and a nice layout pop up (4-5 keys + intricate locker).

Did you try troubleshooting your DC problems already?
Perception is reality.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info