SET FREE THE ASCENDANCY POINTS (or rework the lab) [New ascension methods/lab rework ideas]

Great post, i completely agree. Another way is to add waypoints to the Lab, but i think "hardcore" players wont like it.
"
Zloberik wrote:
Great post, i completely agree. Another way is to add waypoints to the Lab, but i think "hardcore" players wont like it.

I think the main problems (and potential solutions) GGG would have with allowing anyone to leave the labyrinth are:
* people could refill their flasks (save the condition of each tier of Izaro encounter, and only have waypoints after Izaro's chambers. Also, if you leave the labyrinth by any means, either disconnect or town portal, no return portal would be created; you would have to return via waypoints, and you have to navigate the labyrinth all the way to each of Izaro's chambers each time, and his health resets to the start of each of those encounters each time you enter the chamber.)

* the event is timed (so the waypoints would have to be temporary, linked to a single run until Labyrinth completed each time, otherwise, they'd be shortcuts.)

* there are items you gain that cannot leave the labyrinth (keys, trinkets). These could drop where you leave the labyrinth or return to their original locations, forcing one to go get them again, or simply disappear, because you couldn't complete the labyrinth in a single run.

Personally, I don't like waypoints as the only fix, because it still leaves a lot of problems for some people, but it's a start.
@ Zaludoz

Good points! Thank you for adding your thoughts :)
"
ShaUrley wrote:
"
goetzjam wrote:
hell even the OP has abandon the thread.

You mean like this? But AFAIK, Regulator has stopped playing the game because of the lab.

I used to post all the time. I think almost everyone who was anti-frogger has quit the game.
"
Turtledove wrote:
"
Zalhan2 wrote:
The Lab is less painful if you stop playing.

True.

To the people in denial that labyrinth is not a major issue in this forum, you should perhaps visit a psychiatrist or something. Your grasp on reality seems rather tenuous? Over 270 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 640 posters in support and also here's a thread of well over 300 pages long.

Your missing the point. If you don't like the Lab (like me) stop whining and find a new game. They won't change it, just quit and move on. Lots of other good games out there.
"
Zalhan2 wrote:
"
Turtledove wrote:
"
Zalhan2 wrote:
The Lab is less painful if you stop playing.

True.

To the people in denial that labyrinth is not a major issue in this forum, you should perhaps visit a psychiatrist or something. Your grasp on reality seems rather tenuous? Over 270 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 640 posters in support and also here's a thread of well over 300 pages long.

Your missing the point. If you don't like the Lab (like me) stop whining and find a new game. They won't change it, just quit and move on. Lots of other good games out there.

edit: The paragraph was not directed at you but the previous posts to yours.

I don't play PoE anymore except when my wife wants to play. She doesn't like playing solo and so I have to play with her. She hates the labyrinth though and so then I have to run her characters through the labyrinth, double YUCK!! I'm playing XCOM2 now. She wants to play an ARPG. I should switch from XCOM2 to another ARPG then I could convince her to play that instead of PoE.

GGG will eventually fix it. I just hope it will be sooner rather than later, maybe 3.0?
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
Last edited by Turtledove on Nov 19, 2016, 7:12:05 PM
"
Turtledove wrote:
"
Zalhan2 wrote:
"
Turtledove wrote:

True.

edit: The paragraph was not directed at you but the previous posts to yours.

I don't play PoE anymore except when my wife wants to play. She doesn't like playing solo and so I have to play with her. She hates the labyrinth though and so then I have to run her characters through the labyrinth, double YUCK!! I'm playing XCOM2 now. She wants to play an ARPG. I should switch from XCOM2 to another ARPG then I could convince her to play that instead of PoE.

GGG will eventually fix it. I just hope it will be sooner rather than later, maybe 3.0?

Has she tried Grim Dawn, Torchlight 2, Titan Quest, or modded D2? One of them is likely to make her just as happy.

(I really, really hate guiding people away from my favorite game PoE, but... well... Let's just say I'll enthusiastically guide them back once the game is in a better state.)
Wash your hands, Exile!
"
gibbousmoon wrote:

Has she tried Grim Dawn, Torchlight 2, Titan Quest, or modded D2? One of them is likely to make her just as happy.

(I really, really hate guiding people away from my favorite game PoE, but... well... Let's just say I'll enthusiastically guide them back once the game is in a better state.)

She enjoyed D2 and enjoys PoE. I'm sure that I could convince her to play one of those others. She doesn't like playing solo. She likes to "kill monsters and get loot", period. She doesn't have an interest in anything else. She isn't interested in build theory or acquiring equipment herself. She loves it when I do something that beefs up her character that makes it stronger (defensive or offensive) so she can "kill monsters and get loot" better. But, she isn't interested in what I did. Her current PoE character is getting too high level and it causes her great distress when her character RIPs and gets the experience point penalty. I've been reluctant to start a new character for her though because we would both have to start new ones and then I'd have to eventually run both of them through the labyrinth. On the other hand, she only wants to play two or three times a week and won't play much over an hour per session so I keep having fun with XCOM2. So, it's up to me to stop playing XCOM2 and pick one of the other choices you mention.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
gibbousmoon wrote:
Grim Dawn, Torchlight 2, Titan Quest, or modded D2?.

Personally, while I prefer to play solo, self-found (getting increasingly unfeasible in PoE, unfortunately; clearing stuff too fast is not my issue) I still like online, (reasonably secure) server-side games ("if you want to play HC just delete your character if you die" doesn't quite do it for me). How Bliz managed to make the D3 gameplay so utterly dull is a mystery...

One of the biggest things PoE has going for it in keeping players who are really unhappy about some aspect, like gating ACs behind the lab, is that AFAIK there aren't really any ARPG competitors out there quite like it (free or not). But that's not much of a positive recommendation.
Proud member of the Vocal Minority
Lab's fine, don't free shit.

Or well. just bend over GGG and go D3 style!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info