SET FREE THE ASCENDANCY POINTS (or rework the lab) [New ascension methods/lab rework ideas]

"
Jgizle wrote:
Ignore the facts if you want. I provided proof. You disregard the proof as proof.

W-e really. Just because this forum is for suggestions doesnt mean your suggestion will bring about change, or that GGG even cares about your plight. In fact they have only proven they do not care about lab haters opinions on lab.

You are going to need a lot of support to make GGG change their mind. At least 30k supporters. I hope you can achieve that otherwise it will be quite sad when you realise how much time you are wasting on the topic. I am a man of reality. Evidence is the only thing that can change my opinion on anything. The evidence shows no change to lab will happen. The lack of a response to lab other than by chris himself, the lack of a development manifesro, the data that shows player retention is higher, the fact that this entire thread is anecdotal evidence of lab dislike, and so on.

Get 30k supporters or give up because that is how many supporters you need to promote change on this topic. Otherwise the minority has no say on how the game should be. It will always be the majority that dictates change. If the majority dislikes lab then lab will be changed. That is a fact, and the only condition that is required to be met for change to occur.

Otherwise this is just wasted breath on a helpless topic that will not bring about any results.

More off topic posting. We are here to discuss suggestions and feedback not the GGG process for deciding what consideration to give to the different suggestions and feedback given in this forum. Although I will thank you for your interest in PoE and your interest in this thread.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
Jgizle wrote:

So when I say lab is never changing it is because evidence shows that to be true only backed up by Chris Wilson's own words.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OlCEAei3fAo

You mean when Chris says at 40:00 of your linked video (from May, 2016) that:

"
I get a lot of emails asking for a new method to get ascendancy points that bypasses the labyrinth. Maybe that's something we'll do in the future. We're not closed to the idea. But it's not something we'll do in this [Prophecy] expansion.

Is this the "proof" you're referring to that the lab is never changing, or did Chris say something different more recently?
Proud member of the Vocal Minority
"
#3 is not off topic. It is simply a fact based on Chris Wilson's own words. He could change his mind a few years later like they did with fixing desync, but as far as the next year is concerned no changes to how you get AC points or Lab are planned.

Chris said specifically lab haters are a minority. That is his words specifically. I proved it long before he even said it, but the data is already available whether or not GGG wants to provide all of it or not.

So when I say lab is never changing it is because evidence shows that to be true only backed up by Chris Wilson's own words. I understand some people want a different way to get AC points or they want lab to change in some way. But I already made it clear why nearly all methods presented in OP will not work (dont feel like mincing the same words).

@Jgizle

Uhmmm, I don´t know, maybe my english is not good enough, or maybe you are just hearing what you want to hear,but what Chris Wilson is saying in that Interview ( starting at Minute 39.20 ) is : "....alot of the community don´t like the labyrinth 39.24... and short after .." many people really hate it"..and ... "..maybe that´s something we do in the future ( bypassing lab to get Ascendancy).."

For me you just used something as Proof and a Fact that clearly is counterproductive to your own Arguments.
Like WTF ?!
You and Goetzjam and some others use this Interview to point out that People who dislike the Lab are a Minority ( I know he states that the People who raise their Voice are counted as a Minority for Chris, early 2016, maybe he changed his mind because of the ongoing Feedback Process) but in the same Interview he said that many People hate/dislike the Lab, not some, not few, not a Minority, many..

You disproofed your Proof with your own link to the Video.
That is realy strange and kind of funny.

Cheers
Last edited by Shredzilly on Nov 10, 2016, 2:57:59 AM
Still hoping that they get rid of the ascendancy being locked up behind the lab. If they added a checkpoint or something it would be much better. 6-8+ rooms with no checkpoint = stupid. This game disconnects when switching zones every now and then which is super annoying. The whole lab is annoying. I don't mind that people like it but there are game-changing ascendancy points locked behind them. Those points are not a joke and the content is not fun. Traps+no checkpoints = super annoying. Some builds suffer even with the boss, so there is that on top of that but that is a whole other sort of discussion.

This game is an amazing ARPG but I am going to stop playing next season if they don't speak up about the current state. Quite a shame because I love this game a lot, but you locked ascendency points behind "dodge o' trap". Is it hard? No. Is it tedious? Yes. I don't play games to get frustrated, I play ARPGs to blow up some monsters and get lost in wraeclast, not to play something that is a bastard-child of d2 and binding of isaac.
"
Shredzilly wrote:
"
#3 is not off topic. It is simply a fact based on Chris Wilson's own words. He could change his mind a few years later like they did with fixing desync, but as far as the next year is concerned no changes to how you get AC points or Lab are planned.

Chris said specifically lab haters are a minority. That is his words specifically. I proved it long before he even said it, but the data is already available whether or not GGG wants to provide all of it or not.

So when I say lab is never changing it is because evidence shows that to be true only backed up by Chris Wilson's own words. I understand some people want a different way to get AC points or they want lab to change in some way. But I already made it clear why nearly all methods presented in OP will not work (dont feel like mincing the same words).

@Jgizle

Uhmmm, I don´t know, maybe my english is not good enough, or maybe you are just hearing what you want to hear,but what Chris Wilson is saying in that Interview ( starting at Minute 39.20 ) is : "....alot of the community don´t like the labyrinth 39.24... and short after .." many people really hate it"..and ... "..maybe that´s something we do in the future ( bypassing lab to get Ascendancy).."

For me you just used something as Proof and a Fact that clearly is counterproductive to your own Arguments.
Like WTF ?!
You and Goetzjam and some others use this Interview to point out that People who dislike the Lab are a Minority ( I know he states that the People who raise their Voice are counted as a Minority for Chris, early 2016, maybe he changed his mind because of the ongoing Feedback Process) but in the same Interview he said that many People hate/dislike the Lab, not some, not few, not a Minority, many..

Cheers

Many people can hate lab and still be a minority. Stop being ignorant. He specifically said people who dislike lab are a minority. Saying many dislike it later on does not change that statement.
Chroniccomplainerreviews.wordpress.com

Your source for quality honest reviews to save you time and money!
Last edited by Jgizle on Nov 10, 2016, 4:04:28 AM
"
Jgizle wrote:
"
Shredzilly wrote:
"

@Jgizle

Like WTF ?!

Cheers

Many people can hate lab and still be a minority. Stop being ignorant. He specifically said people who dislike lab are a minority. Saying many dislike it later on does not change that statement.

Can you pls give me the exact Minute and Second in that Video where Chris states " people who dislike the lab are a Minority" ?

39:30
Chroniccomplainerreviews.wordpress.com

Your source for quality honest reviews to save you time and money!
"
Jgizle wrote:

39:30

What he says is :

..while the people are vocal who don´t like it is only a small portion of the players.

Before that comment he says :

..alot of the community don´t like the Labyrinth..

.. after that :

..many are happy to go through it.. many people really hate it.

If you take the whole context, the Part at 39:30 refers to the vocal players not the players in total who dislike the lab.

Taking into account that he says alot don´t like it and many hate it, it can´t be taking as :

"He specifically said people who dislike lab are a minority"

as you wrote.

If you think that many can be a Minority, then the same applies to Lab Lovers.
He said many are happy to go through it, with your logic.. many people who like the Lab can be a Minority to ?
Last edited by Shredzilly on Nov 10, 2016, 5:09:36 AM
You forgot this part :

"I like making content that people's have opinions about, right ? A lot of people have written in to say how much they love the labyrinth and how it's great to see an action rpg with areas where you have to be careful"

And the fact that GGG wants to take the players "outside of their comfort zone".

Feel free to deal with it.

SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Last edited by Fruz on Nov 10, 2016, 5:28:52 AM
"
Fruz wrote:
You forgot this part :

"I like making content that people's have opinions about, right ? A lot of people have written in to say how much they love the labyrinth and how it's great to see an action rpg with areas where you have to be careful"

And the fact that GGG wants to take the players "outside of their comfort zone".

Feel free to deal with it.

What exactly do you want me to deal with ?
Does your comment has something to do with my prior comment? And if so, how ?

And for the possibility that you have read to fast or not all of the discussion that leads to the prior comments, I tried to explain why Jgizle statement " He specifically said people who dislike lab are a minority" is nowhere said from Chris and therefore wrong and no Fact as Lab Lovers claim.
Last edited by Shredzilly on Nov 10, 2016, 5:45:00 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info