SET FREE THE ASCENDANCY POINTS (or rework the lab) [New ascension methods/lab rework ideas]

"
Madtank wrote:
Fuck the lab, its the trump/hillary of poe.

+1 LOL

"
Slowly they're coming to their senses. It's about seeing the big picture and looking past ones own nose.

The big picture, from my point of view, is that GGG will not likely do anything to change the game play in the labyrinth. There are people that enjoy that and I see no good reason to take that away from the fine and wonderful people that enjoy that game play. So these fine and wonderful people that enjoy labyrinth game play need not be concerned with or fear any changes or improvements GGG might make to try address the issue that this thread is dedicated to.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
Agreed. All that's needed is an alternative.
"
Mythabril wrote:
"
gibbousmoon wrote:
Nope, I've just found plenty of people (yes, even on the internets) willing and able to have a solid discussion based on merit, logic, and facts. Believe it or not, I've even found these people on the PoE forums.

And so my standard is based on that. Pretty basic, but contrary to your assertion it means more than nothing. Unless you usually confine yourself exclusively to echo chambers.

What a waste of words.

Now, you may not be among those I describe (you certainly don't try very hard to represent yourself as part of that group), but that does not mean they don't exist.

"
Turtledove wrote:
"
Mythabril wrote:
"
gibbousmoon wrote:
NO U!

What a waste of words.

I searched for a gibbousmoon post in this thread and even in gibbousmoon's recent posts going back a week and could find no post like you've quoted here? Perhaps you made an editing mistake?

Mythabril was characterizing my post (quoted above) above as being the equivalent of "NO U!"

I can safely rest my case.

"
gibbousmoon wrote:
"
Jgizle wrote:

I thank you for that constructive well thought out response that is entirely related to what I spoke of. I guess i'll shut up now. Not much else I can say about this topic I haven't said already.

Somehow I suspect that you are not going to keep your promise.

Sigh. You didn't even last two days, Jgizle.
Wash your hands, Exile!
Last edited by gibbousmoon on Oct 22, 2016, 3:47:51 AM
"
gibbousmoon wrote:

All that said, I'm still amazed at the amount of pure hatred the Labyrinth has inspired in these forums. Not only hatred of the Labyrinth but also hatred of those who criticize the Labyrinth. Just a lot of HATE HATE HATE all around.

Reeeaaaally surprising, considering the behaviour of some of the lab haters, right ? ....
( not directed at you specifically )
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
"
Fruz wrote:
"
gibbousmoon wrote:

All that said, I'm still amazed at the amount of pure hatred the Labyrinth has inspired in these forums. Not only hatred of the Labyrinth but also hatred of those who criticize the Labyrinth. Just a lot of HATE HATE HATE all around.

Reeeaaaally surprising, considering the behaviour of some of the lab haters, right ? ....

Because the lab lovers are any more courteous? (Not directed at anyone specifically)
"
Fruz wrote:
"
gibbousmoon wrote:

They are persistent, I'll certainly grant you that.

But this should not surprise you or anyone else. Any time you see a combination of

1) content or design decisions which are highly controversial, and
2) an absence or scarcity of acknowledgement by the game's developers,

you will see this level of persistence in the game's forums. It's true for any design decision or any game that fits the above two qualifiers.

And the degree to which such critics are annoying can always be expected to be directly proportionate to the depth of loathing they have for that which they are criticizing.

Put simply, the Labyrinth has inspired some very strong emotions. The ongoing damage to this community is evident.
Wash your hands, Exile!
Last edited by gibbousmoon on Oct 22, 2016, 12:34:09 PM
"
gibbousmoon wrote:
The ongoing damage to this community is evident.

Regardless of anyone's "opinion" about the Lab, I believe most everyone can agree with the above statement, which encapsulates this entire issue and shows something needs to be done.
All that and a bag of chips!
"
Mooginator wrote:
"
gibbousmoon wrote:
The ongoing damage to this community is evident.

Regardless of anyone's "opinion" about the Lab, I believe most everyone can agree with the above statement, which encapsulates this entire issue and shows something needs to be done.

Thats like saying the XP penalty needs changed again because its a divisive topic as well.

Changing in order to move the middle ground doesn't appeal to me or OP, it just changes it in attempts to fix the "problem" but in the processes we end up with a watered down result.

As far as I'm concerned you guys will have one less lab to do when act 5 releases and with the improvements\adjustments already made to trials there need be nothing else done.

Lab is highly likely to be 3-3-2 with act 5.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
This thread has all the hallmarks of a political campaign. It's not so much about the Labyrinth, but more about bullying GGG into obedience. Making them to amputate a feature they put significant development resources into, only makes the victory greater.
"Into the Labyrinth!
left step, right step, step step, left left.
Into the Labyrinth!"
"
Mythabril wrote:
This thread has all the hallmarks of a political campaign. It's not so much about the Labyrinth, but more about bullying GGG into obedience. Making them to amputate a feature they put significant development resources into, only makes the victory greater.

I mean the product is there for people to enjoy, and thus earn money. They should had consulted the community more then randomly slap this massive piece of content and expect their core crowd to randomly like this.

Would been less of a shit storm of that was the case, this is like buying someone a pet for their birthday that they didn't want. Even more so if they don't like cats.
Last edited by RagnarokChu on Oct 25, 2016, 11:13:10 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info