SET FREE THE ASCENDANCY POINTS (or rework the lab) [New ascension methods/lab rework ideas]

"
Fruz wrote:
You guys still have nothing to support that said "majority", you still just are pulling it out of your magic hat, if there is something childish in there .....

If GGG really cares about the vocal minority thing, then GGG should delete the feedback forum as every feedback thread is coming from a vocal minority. It is obvious that GGG just doesn't want to give a reason for not fixing the lab.
I'm a forum warrior, i was born to post, raised to defend my league. Now my post has been removed, chained and exiled by mods who Ban. Ban is my brother; i do not fear it. I see it in the eyes of men and beasts that i troll. It will take me to play the actual game when i am ready and i am not ready.
"
Pyrokar wrote:
It is obvious that GGG just doesn't want to give a reason for not fixing the lab.

Maybe because there is nothing to fix? IMO, there are only two minor issues with the Lab and they are both RNG related:

* Uber trials spawn is too random (in Essence I unlocked Uber only at lvl 91)
* Helm enchants

I do not expect these two things to ever get "fixed", even tho they would not require a lot of work to change. Because they are both part of party-trade game design, which is deeply rooted in PoE.

Expecting that GGG will re-work / re-design a whole expansion, to satisfy a handful of players (and their alt-accounts), is beyond hilarious. Read the 2.4 patch notes and make you peace.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
"
frenrihr wrote:
This "feature" makes new players want to quit.

Then goodbye!
The Lord's Labyrinth awaits you.
Choose wisely, strike quickly.
Thrust completely.
And may you find the ending that you deserve.
"
Maybe because there is nothing to fix? IMO, there are only two minor issues with the Lab and they are both RNG related:

There are a few more things that could be improved upon, but they are not essentially flawed. Having to do the Lab in one go might be a bit troubling for more casual players. Without the Lab PoE is incredible casual friendly because Waypoints are incredible plentyful and in Lategame you can do a map and do something else afterwards. You are not forced to prolonged game-sessions to be successful you can play in very short bursts. The Lab is a bit of an exception because it can take a while, exspecially with a non-optimal build that might take a while to beat Izaro.

That isn't really a great flaw, but it GGG increased the amount of waypoints earlier to fix that issue and the Lab basically brings it back. Being able to essentially safe lab progress before Izaro and only losing that progress if you die or start a new lab would make it less frustrating, because it would help with DCs and with people not being able to safely spend as much time.

But those are things that need a bit more tech to be done.
"
morbo wrote:
"
Pyrokar wrote:
It is obvious that GGG just doesn't want to give a reason for not fixing the lab.

* Uber trials spawn is too random (in Essence I unlocked Uber only at lvl 91)
* Helm enchants

I do not expect these two things to ever get "fixed", even tho they would not require a lot of work to change. Because they are both part of party-trade game design, which is deeply rooted in PoE.

Expecting that GGG will re-work / re-design a whole expansion, to satisfy a handful of players (and their alt-accounts), is beyond hilarious. Read the 2.4 patch notes and make you peace.

The hardcore playerbase disagrees.

http://currency.poe.trade/search?league=Hardcore+Essence&online=x&want=4-6&have=4-6

Can't wait till it drops bellow 20c so the softcore farmers can come once again to breath some life into hardcore. It really needs it.
I'm a forum warrior, i was born to post, raised to defend my league. Now my post has been removed, chained and exiled by mods who Ban. Ban is my brother; i do not fear it. I see it in the eyes of men and beasts that i troll. It will take me to play the actual game when i am ready and i am not ready.
"
Pyrokar wrote:

http://currency.poe.trade/search?league=Hardcore+Essence&online=x&want=4-6&have=4-6

Can't wait till it drops bellow 20c so the softcore farmers can come once again to breath some life into hardcore. It really needs it.

And what reasoning do you have to attribute these currency trends 100% to Lab?

But let's say HC players are quitting entirely due to Lab (hasnt the Lab culled them last league already, tho?). This would mean that the claims "Lab is piss easy, but boring", are false.

You guys can't even agree on why the Lab is "bad", but expect GGG to act on your complaints? You expect GGG to invest money to solve some vague problem and design solutions that would not satisfy everybody?
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
"
Emphasy wrote:
Having to do the Lab in one go might be a bit troubling for more casual players. Without the Lab PoE is incredible casual friendly because Waypoints are incredible plentyful and in Lategame you can do a map and do something else afterwards. You are not forced to prolonged game-sessions to be successful you can play in very short bursts. The Lab is a bit of an exception because it can take a while, exspecially with a non-optimal build that might take a while to beat Izaro.

I agree that for newcomers the Lab can be even more difficult, than an already difficult (and sometimes confusing) game. But if GGG would put waypoints in there, they would have to nerf all the chest drops considerably & make the enchanting system more brutal RNG than already is.

Maybe introduce a "loot-less" Lab mode, that has WPs, but drops no loot & gives no enchants.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Last edited by morbo on Sep 12, 2016, 5:16:05 AM
"
morbo wrote:
"
Pyrokar wrote:

And what reasoning do you have to attribute these currency trends 100% to Lab?

But let's say HC players are quitting entirely due to Lab (hasnt the Lab culled them last league already, tho?). This would mean that the claims "Lab is piss easy, but boring", are false.

You guys can't even agree on why the Lab is "bad", but expect GGG to act on your complaints? You expect GGG to invest money to solve some vague problem and design solutions that would not satisfy everybody?

It isn't my reasoning, it was goetzjam's. It was either the lab or the streamers. This league the streamers played hardcore so it must be the lab, since we are in the same boat even earlier in the league.

About the non agreement, if you can kill two birds with one stone, why wonder why the birds were flying on top of each other anyway?
Last edited by Pyrokar on Sep 12, 2016, 5:27:32 AM
"
morbo wrote:
"
Emphasy wrote:
Having to do the Lab in one go might be a bit troubling for more casual players. Without the Lab PoE is incredible casual friendly because Waypoints are incredible plentyful and in Lategame you can do a map and do something else afterwards. You are not forced to prolonged game-sessions to be successful you can play in very short bursts. The Lab is a bit of an exception because it can take a while, exspecially with a non-optimal build that might take a while to beat Izaro.

I agree that for newcomers the Lab can be even more difficult, than an already difficult (and sometimes confusing) game. But if GGG would put waypoints in there, they would have to nerf all the chest drops considerably & make the enchanting system more brutal RNG than already is.

Maybe introduce a "loot-less" Lab mode, that has WPs, but drops no loot & gives no enchants.

Why? Note the points I made. Those Waypoints aren't there to allow starting from another point. They are just there to allow you to continue later. It needs a bit new tech things because GGG needs to safe the instance (so you can't open a chest, log out, log back in and open it again).

But Enchants would be the same. You have to beat all 3 Izaros without dying and get your enchant. The only thing that would be different that you could leave your PC and come back the next day and finish the rest. That is where the technical difficulties are in though. Because you need to get your lab back and that might be a bit harder.

Just putting waypoints into the lab simply wouldn't work. Imagine you start before the last Izaro and one area back is a divination card box. You could start at the waypoint, move back to the chest and get the cards and repeat that over and over. So they need to store the whole area. If that is just totally out as an option shortening Normal and Cruel labs to 1 fight and 2 fights would be a decent option.
"
MekaDragon wrote:
"
frenrihr wrote:
This "feature" makes new players want to quit.

Then goodbye!

They're already gone and leaving everyday without ever logging onto the forums. I would have been among them if I ran into labyrinth the first time I played this game, actually probably the first trial.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info