SET FREE THE ASCENDANCY POINTS (or rework the lab) [New ascension methods/lab rework ideas]

"
Regulator wrote:

Facts : Everything up and including malachai is what the game was, we fell in love with and suported for, nothing gameplay-wise changed with the addition of Act 4. Act 4 is part of the core gameplay, the core game.

Sorry before act4, bosses didn't vomit billions of FX on your screen and had multiple health bars.
I support the idea that the Malachai fight is extremely annoying (not difficult that's important), don't have any rewards but yet is mandatory. It's not fair that I have to do something I hate just to advance my character. Remove Malachai or give us an alternate way to go to cruel/merciless.
Last edited by IceDeal on Jul 31, 2016, 3:42:38 PM
Many people still do not understood what is going on here. I really can't blame you though. It is apparently hard to understand, if you are not experiencing it yourself. Here is what is going on.
The labyrinth feels like a different game to some people. It is a different thing from not liking something about PoE. It feels like not liking a different game. A game like Frogger, Prince of Persia, TombRaider, or Mario. If we wanted to play one of those other games then we would be playing those other games not PoE.

There is a tendency on the Internet to if not demonize, make the "other" group subhuman. We all love PoE. There are just some people that want to play PoE and not some other game. We are not full of shit. We are not evil. We are not lazy. We are not wanting ascendancy points for free. We are not lying. We are not "career complainers". We are not stupid little kids. We are not incompetent PoE players. We are not any of the nonsense that the haters and dehumanizing folks are trying to pin on us. We are more than an insignificant minority of the PoE player base. (edit: I suspect people not enjoying the labyrinth play style as much as regular PoE is a strong majority so, don't misinterpret that previous sentence.) The people posting in the forum are the voice of a large silent group, on both sides. Just the tip of the icebergs.

We just want to play PoE. At the same time, ascendancy points are too critical to ignore in a game about optimizing one's build/character. We want to be able to play PoE to earn ascendancy points.

Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
Last edited by Turtledove on Jul 31, 2016, 6:40:27 PM
"
Turtledove wrote:
We just want to play PoE. At the same time, ascendancy points are too critical to ignore in a game about optimizing one's build/character. We want to be able to play PoE to earn ascendancy points.
You can, just go do it. Stop making a huge deal out of nothing. Just play the game or leave. The labyrinth is barely different than normal PoE, all it does is throw a few traps between the groups of enemies. You act like you go to do the labyrinth and it becomes a fps or something.
"
IceDeal wrote:
"
Regulator wrote:

Facts : Everything up and including malachai is what the game was, we fell in love with and suported for, nothing gameplay-wise changed with the addition of Act 4. Act 4 is part of the core gameplay, the core game.

Sorry before act4, bosses didn't vomit billions of FX on your screen and had multiple health bars.
I support the idea that the Malachai fight is extremely annoying (not difficult that's important), don't have any rewards but yet is mandatory. It's not fair that I have to do something I hate just to advance my character. Remove Malachai or give us an alternate way to go to cruel/merciless.

This is a false equivalence, as Regulator tried to explain to you. The argument doesn't hold up because it misses the point. But just for argument's sake:

-Yes, the game did vomit FX all over the place, especially if your build did that already. In either case, that's not a "gameplay" issue but an aesthetic one, and I haven't heard any complaints about how Lab looks, so that just goes to show how different the arguments really are.

-Multiple health bars? Do you mean bosses having different behaviors at different stages of their health pool? That's been around for awhile, and Dominus literally has two health bars, so this claim is simply false outright. Besides that, there's a difference between Malachai healing himself and having an actual other health bar. This argument doesn't even make sense.

However, I agree that it's lame that Malachai doesn't have any rewards, and that's one of the best reasons to put Ascendancy behind him instead of Lab. It's consistent with the gameplay that we come to PoE for, and gives him an actual purpose beyond an arbitrary progression block to Cruel/Merc.
Tired of trolls? Ignore them.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1473168
The bottom line is that removing ascendancy from lab isnt going to affect the ppl who like lab a great deal and would save the game from one of the worst things ever added. I just cant see how ppl can be against this change unless u like gated ascendancy. And if u do then ur just the grinch that stole poe xmas
Support the cause. Free the ascendancy points from LAB.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1609216/page/1

Other top 3 issues. Make standard great again. Fix XP (add fatigue system). Fix lag.
MR GGG tear down this ascendancy wall.
Last edited by Prebornfetus on Jul 31, 2016, 10:09:39 PM
"
Telzen wrote:
"
Turtledove wrote:
You can, just go do it. Stop making a huge deal out of nothing. Just play the game or leave. The labyrinth is barely different than normal PoE, all it does is throw a few traps between the groups of enemies. You act like you go to do the labyrinth and it becomes a fps or something.

I could but I play games for fun. The labyrinth is boring, irritating, tedious, and not fun.

The dung beetle says, you're hungry there's lots of food right there just eat it. As the dung beetle is pointing out a huge pile of sticky poop. Stop making a huge deal out of nothing. Just eat the food or leave. The food I like, the poop, is barely different from food you like to eat. All it is your kind of food that has passed through the digestive system of that cow over there. That actually makes it taste better.

You see the dung beetle has a teeny tiny brain and is not able or even interested in trying to understand someone else's point of view. It is easier to just demand they do what the dung beetle says.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
Regulator wrote:

There is a question i once posted that i still have not seen an answer that counters the basic notion of what the thread tries to achieve. How any addition/change/rework in the ascencion method - while keeping it as an option also in the labyrinth - will have any negative effect in anyone's gameplay/personal experience?

It has.

I'm not going to scrap the zhole thread for you, but I will give you some simple response elements :

- Consistency. The Labyrinth test if you're worthy of Ascencion, I like playing a game where what you do matters. They both go together, having the ascendancy stone after Malachai would make no sense whatsoever

- Lore : this one is pretty obvious, kinda goes with the first element though.

- You have not chosen to play a game with traps in it like this ? Well guess what : I ( and I am ready to bet that originally most players ) have not chosen to play PoE to have my hand f**king holded during the game, I want to deserver those points, and that's lab for you.
Because if you guys would get your end ( which is not happening imho, srsly ), that would be one more step into the assisted gameplay that PoE has already partly become.

- Dev time : if some of the solutions proposed ( implying a lab rework, for example with puzzles ) were to be implemented ( some of the ideas are nice, I would to some extent like some of those things in the game ), it would most likely take a significant part of PoE's developpement, and I would definitely prefer GGG's staff to work on something more useful ( since I do not think that GGG spending time trying to change the lab is useful ).

"suffer", "alienating", do you hear yourself seriously ?
This is a game, take a break man, sersiously lol.

"subjective opinions" => gj there

"
Turtledove wrote:

There is a tendency on the Internet to if not demonize, make the "other" group subhuman

Even though I would first say that this is plain paranoia, let me tell you something :
- Such phenomenon ( so not what is actually happening here ) are just .... nature, sociololy.
It's not proper to the internet at all.

"dehumanizing" => rofl, paranoia again there

This dung beetle comparison and trying to hide behind it is becoming really pathetic btw, get over it maybe ?
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Last edited by Fruz on Jul 31, 2016, 11:49:25 PM
"
Turtledove wrote:
"
Telzen wrote:
"
Turtledove wrote:

I could but I play games for fun. The labyrinth is boring, irritating, tedious, and not fun.

The dung beetle says, you're hungry there's lots of food right there just eat it. As the dung beetle is pointing out a huge pile of sticky poop. Stop making a huge deal out of nothing. Just eat the food or leave. The food I like, the poop, is barely different from food you like to eat. All it is your kind of food that has passed through the digestive system of that cow over there. That actually makes it taste better.

You see the dung beetle has a teeny tiny brain and is not able or even interested in trying to understand someone else's point of view. It is easier to just demand they do what the dung beetle says.

Boring, irritating, tedious, and not fun to you maybe, but not to everyone. It also seems the devs like it and its their game not yours. Also I would just say no thanks to the dung beetle and go find something else to eat, not sit there for months complaining about it. There is something about the game you don't like, boo hoo. Either deal with it or move on to a different game.
"
Telzen wrote:

There is something about the game you don't like, boo hoo. Either deal with it or move on to a different game.

You don't like us complaining about the horrible labyrinth, boo hoo. Either deal with it or move on to a different thread.
"
Turtledove wrote:
"
Telzen wrote:

There is something about the game you don't like, boo hoo. Either deal with it or move on to a different game.

You don't like us complaining about the horrible labyrinth, boo hoo. Either deal with it or move on to a different thread.

You know, as long it is not one of the other 1357965121 other threads about "QQ remove lab"
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info