SET FREE THE ASCENDANCY POINTS (or rework the lab) [New ascension methods/lab rework ideas]

"
morbo wrote:
"Doctor, I tried the Lab once or twice on my lvl 39 char, and it's not my playstyle, I don't like it because I have a different taste. Don't wanna learn how to do it or anything, just revert the expansion for everyone plz."

Easiest way to revert the expansion is for people to not plan on getting ascendancy points, as you aren't being put to the test why on earth would you get the AC points then.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
"
morbo wrote:
"Doctor, I tried the Lab once or twice on my lvl 39 char, and it's not my playstyle, I don't like it because I have a different taste. Don't wanna learn how to do it or anything, just revert the expansion for everyone plz."

You are in a thread that has more than 10 suggestions how to fix this problem in OP, and not one of them asks for expansion to be removed. I mean, what the hack is this post for? Did you even read the OP, and suggestions made in it? Or you went, in you lack of any arguments anymore to troll mode?

People dont like mini puzzles with timed sequence of traps. Is that so much hard to understand? Do you have any suggestion how to improve the lab for people that dont like that type of gameplay in their arpg games, or your gonna defend I dont know the fuck what...

"
Regulator wrote:

Like it but there is a problem. First, you dont need to kill all 3 stages from one go, and second its faster than doing the merc lab.
Last edited by miljan on Jun 24, 2016, 3:28:11 PM
"
miljan wrote:

"
Regulator wrote:

Like it but there is a problem. First, you dont need to kill all 3 stages from one go, and second its faster than doing the merc lab.

Regarding being faster than merc lab, wouldn't you have to go to the designated areas and hope that the prophecy would show up? Wait, maybe that wouldn't make sense, then you could just spam instances until it showed up unless the prophecy didn't register until you found something in that area? I haven't really tried to understand how prophecies are triggered. It seems that going through the prophecy system would slow things down though and it would give an RNG potential bottleneck that one would have to get through to try to slow it down?
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
Turtledove wrote:
"
miljan wrote:

"
Regulator wrote:

Regarding being faster than merc lab, wouldn't you have to go to the designated areas and hope that the prophecy would show up? Wait, maybe that wouldn't make sense, then you could just spam instances until it showed up unless the prophecy didn't register until you found something in that area? I haven't really tried to understand how prophecies are triggered. It seems that going through the prophecy system would slow things down though and it would give an RNG potential bottleneck that one would have to get through to try to slow it down?

Even if there is RNG in getting them, you can always trade .
"
Turtledove wrote:

Yes this was proposed. Regulator didn't add it to the OP though for some reason. I suspect because contrary to your assertion it sounds extremely boring, depending on implementation perhaps even more boring than running through the traps.

If destructible traps were suggested im sure ive missed it, else it would already be in the OP, can you please tell if you can or remember who made that suggestion originally? Ill put it in the OP right now together with the recent one i made.

"
miljan wrote:

There might be a better prophecy implementation i havent figured out yet, but i believe 3 prophecies in a chain for the three stages of izaro are rather fitting. Also it might seem faster than doing merciless lab but there are 2 requirments you must meet : 1) Be level 75 in merciless difficulty 2) Find the all the prophecies in the chain. And since it does not reward anything but 2 ascendancy points and you have to wait up until level 75 to do the first prophecy, being a bit faster if you have everything required is not a big deal. Also have in mind that to fully ascend (all 8 points) you will have to proc the whole chain 4 times, and all are engame lab izaro fights. So when one runs normal lab to get 2 points at lvl 35, and then another 2 points at lvl 60 and so on, you will have with this way to wait until 75 to get the first two only from the uber izaro, you probably wont even try that at those levels in HC environemnt to be honest. Dunno it seems quite balanced in my mind, but as always i open to suggestions that could improve something.

The prophecy just triggers as soon as you enter the specific areas if you meet the level and difficulty requirement. Remember every fight is exactly like the endgame izaro fights, so its considerably harder to get the points compared to normal/cruel/merci and only a bit "easier" compared current endgame lab.

As for the proud white knights dont mind them, 150 pages and they still thrive on bashing on people and people's ideas/opinions without ever posting anything useful. Thats the way they roll, you cant make shit smell like flowers, likewise you cant make white knight fanatics understand the other point. They simply lack the requirements.

UPDATED OP with two new suggestions : IX inside Alternative Ascension Methods spoiler and 6 inside Labyrinth Rework Ideas spoiler

EDIT : Almost forgot. How any addition/change/rework in the ascencion method - while keeping it as an option also in the labyrinth - will have any negative effect in anyone's gameplay/personal experience?
Inundated with cockroaches, I am

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1609216 - labyrinth rework ideas/suggestions
Last edited by Regulator on Jun 24, 2016, 5:43:04 PM
"
Regulator wrote:
"
Turtledove wrote:

Yes this was proposed. Regulator didn't add it to the OP though for some reason. I suspect because contrary to your assertion it sounds extremely boring, depending on implementation perhaps even more boring than running through the traps.

If destructible traps were suggested im sure ive missed it, else it would already be in the OP, can you please tell if you can or remember who made that suggestion originally? Ill put it in the OP right now together with the recent one i made.

I can't remember who proposed it. Perhaps give at least co-author credit to
"
morbo wrote:
traps should be kill-able (scallable % per hit, not DPS), but take a ton of time to do.

Actually I don't remember if it was even in this thread where I first read that suggestion and I assume the "scallable % per hit" idea is Morbo's? It could have been in a different thread? Perhaps Morbo remembers?
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
goetzjam wrote:

You mean its almost as if you need to prove your character is worthy of ascension before you can get ASCENDANCY points.

Fucking crazy logic there.

And the pro misreader, goetzjam, intentionally misses the point again.

The labyrinth isn't the same as the rest of the game, and treats some builds much differently than others.

Whether I can play frogger has nothing to do with whether my character is "worthy of ascension" (god i almost throw up in my mouth every time i read that pompous phrase) You know... Path of Exile, a game where you show you're good by killing mobs and not dying to their attacks?
Quoting Saltychipmunk:
...I look at the new act 5 boss where you have to hide behind the statues to survive the bullet hell and all I can think is... how the fuck are zombies going to survive that?

They don't know what hiding is... they don't know what dodging is... they are morons.
"
joachimbond wrote:

Whether I can play frogger has nothing to do with whether my character is "worthy of ascension" (god i almost throw up in my mouth every time i read that pompous phrase) You know... Path of Exile, a game where you show you're good by killing mobs and not dying to their attacks?

Shushh. You got it all wrong. POE is a game where you do not make monsters and mobs you fight hard, have better AI, have more interesting mechanics and skill they use, to make the fights more difficult and more fun, but a game where the only way to make something "hard" and "skillful" is to implement timed puzzles with traps, or better said elements and gameplay from totally different type of games. And the most funny thing is, you can still rush through it without any "skill" if you have a build for it.
"
Regulator wrote:
New Ascencion method : A prophecy chain - The Enlightened I, II, III. Completing the chain grants you 2 ascendancy points. Completing it more than four times (8total ascendancy points) grants you ascendancy respec points. Can only be activated after you hit lvl 75 and are in merciless. Common prophecy.

- Izaro's Dream is exactly like the first stage of engame's labyrinth Izaro fight. When you are teleported you are sent to the plaza before his room. Area level 75. The prophecy is fullfilled when you kill Izaro.

-Izaro's Vision is exactly like the second stage of the endgame's labyrinth Izaro fight. When you are teleported you are sent to the plaza before his room. Area level 75. The prophecy is fullfilled when you kill Izaro.

-Izaro's Nightmare is exactly like the third and final stage of the endgame's labyrinth Izaro fight. When you are teleported you are sent to the plaza before his room. Area level 75. The prophecy is fullfilled when you kill Izaro.

Mechanics of the fights carry on to the second and third stage of the prophecy chain. Izaro doesnt Drop anything. Mechanics are not the same for all every day, they are completely random. Obviously you cant party. Every part of the prophecy chain costs 2 silver coins to seal it.

As a reminder : Not being able to see or understand a problem does not mean that the problem is non-existant. It only means that you lack comprehension and/or vision. Open your minds and read, and if you believe its enough then read again. Repeat until your inner cravings for posting irrelevant, ignorant and presumptuous nonsense are dead.

I really like this idea and GGG already said that they want to add prophecy to the core game. Might work flawlessly.
I'm a forum warrior, i was born to post, raised to defend my league. Now my post has been removed, chained and exiled by mods who Ban. Ban is my brother; i do not fear it. I see it in the eyes of men and beasts that i troll. It will take me to play the actual game when i am ready and i am not ready.
"
Regulator wrote:
"
Turtledove wrote:

"
miljan wrote:

There might be a better prophecy implementation i havent figured out yet, but i believe 3 prophecies in a chain for the three stages of izaro are rather fitting. Also it might seem faster than doing merciless lab but there are 2 requirments you must meet : 1) Be level 75 in merciless difficulty 2) Find the all the prophecies in the chain. And since it does not reward anything but 2 ascendancy points and you have to wait up until level 75 to do the first prophecy, being a bit faster if you have everything required is not a big deal. Also have in mind that to fully ascend (all 8 points) you will have to proc the whole chain 4 times, and all are engame lab izaro fights. So when one runs normal lab to get 2 points at lvl 35, and then another 2 points at lvl 60 and so on, you will have with this way to wait until 75 to get the first two only from the uber izaro, you probably wont even try that at those levels in HC environemnt to be honest. Dunno it seems quite balanced in my mind, but as always i open to suggestions that could improve something.

The prophecy just triggers as soon as you enter the specific areas if you meet the level and difficulty requirement. Remember every fight is exactly like the endgame izaro fights, so its considerably harder to get the points compared to normal/cruel/merci and only a bit "easier" compared current endgame lab.

As for the proud white knights dont mind them, 150 pages and they still thrive on bashing on people and people's ideas/opinions without ever posting anything useful. Thats the way they roll, you cant make shit smell like flowers, likewise you cant make white knight fanatics understand the other point. They simply lack the requirements.

UPDATED OP with two new suggestions : IX inside Alternative Ascension Methods spoiler and 6 inside Labyrinth Rework Ideas spoiler

EDIT : Almost forgot. How any addition/change/rework in the ascencion method - while keeping it as an option also in the labyrinth - will have any negative effect in anyone's gameplay/personal experience?

I suggested destructible traps long time ago, and I kept suggesting it for awhile in a couple of threads, it was and still is one of the things that annoyed me about traps - they can do you % based damage and you can not tickle them at least, come on >.< (besides GGG thought the same hence the new trap mechanic in Uber Lab)...

As Turtledove already said, I also proposed a slow paced mechanic to destroy the traps, as to not impede racing and "cheesing" the Lab for those that are not affected by the trap gameplay - I might not enjoy it, but I also know that others do, and I tried to find a solution to make all parts happy about it...
PSS: Our almighty TencentGGG overlords are very scrupulous regarding criticizing their abilities to take proper decisions and consider everything "needlessly harsh and condescending"...

Good to know "free speech" doesn't apply in any form or manner on the forums these days...
Last edited by sofocle10000 on Jun 25, 2016, 11:11:26 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info