Endless Hunger "Life Leech effects are not removed at Full Life" doesn't work with Ghost Reaver / ES

Headhunter is explicitly designed to work different from normal on-Kill effects. It needs different wording to signify it being different, but then how to word it?

So, yes, that is a case where wording is inconsistent, but kind of by design? Headhunter is the only exception here, too, because it's ~special~. :)
Standardising the wording of on-kill and on-hit effects (with particular regard to Headhunter, which is an annoying exception), is scheduled for a rework in the medimum-term. No ETA, as other stuff takes priority, but we definitely want to fix and improve those cases.
"
KillgoreTrout wrote:
The fact that prior to this mechanic all modifications for life leech referring to life simply replaced the word life with ES for the modifier (e.g #% of maximum Life per second to maximum Life Leech rate). It did not decide that for GR/CI t max life was 1, round down to 0 and make no change - it worked as expected, shaming t word life for ES by increasing ES leech in proportion to maximum ES.

This does not make sense in this context:
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
Ghost Reaver makes life leech apply to ES instead. This inherently means that those leech effects are already not removed at full life (otherwise CI couldn't use GR). They're removed at full ES.

Endless Hunger only says it stops them being removed at full life (and with GR, they already aren't) it doesn't say anything about preventing them being removed at full ES.

Gotta agree, this seems like pretty poor logic to me. Ghost Reaver tacitly makes every other aspect of life leech translate over to ES, not just the leech itself but the leech per second/max leech rate and their modifiers (which only say 'life'), vaal pact (which only specifies 'life'), various 'while leeching' effects... doesn't really make much sense to have just this one exception where 'life' doesn't become 'energy shield'.

I mean, to translate that logic into a different perspective, 'Ghost Reaver doesn't say anything about leech rates being based on max ES', yet it does work that way (thankfully). So... yeah, logical fallacy.
Last edited by Shppy on Jul 2, 2016, 6:58:17 PM
So i've used a lot of time on theorycrafting a CI slayer build, leveled it to 70 etc. and now i've realized that it simply isn't gonna work.. and playing ANY other ascendancy would have been better, simply cause a slayer doesn't work with ES, it pisses me **** off.
Last edited by bazzzzzzz on Jul 25, 2016, 6:36:59 AM
I was originally really annoyed by this. But then I realised: I already knew that Springleaf's bonus life regen worked on low life when you had Zealot's Oath, not low ES. I don't know why I expected Ghost Reaver to work differently to Zealot's Oath in terms of what it transfers to apply to ES.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
Ghost Reaver makes life leech apply to ES instead. This inherently means that those leech effects are already not removed at full life (otherwise CI couldn't use GR). They're removed at full ES.

Endless Hunger only says it stops them being removed at full life (and with GR, they already aren't) it doesn't say anything about preventing them being removed at full ES.

So if you're at full life and not full ES, it will not end the leeching and you will continue to leech with the leeched life going to Energy Shield.

However, when you are at full life and full ES it will arbitrarily end any existing leech effects? This doesn't make much sense as you're still at full life and thus should still be leeching... no where does it say "Leech will instead stop when you are at full ES".
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD
"
no where does it say "Leech will instead stop when you are at full ES".

Mark says that is one of the effects of Ghost Reaver's "Life Leech applies to Energy Shield instead of Life".
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
Last edited by Entropic_Fire on Oct 26, 2016, 9:17:32 PM
"
dudiobugtron wrote:
"
no where does it say "Leech will instead stop when you are at full ES".

Mark says that is one of the effects of Ghost Reaver's "Life Leech applies to Energy Shield instead of Life".
Yeah but that info isn't conveyed in the game. If the ability said something like "Converts Life Leech to Energy Shield Leech" than his argument would have a point.
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD
One of the basic properties of leech is that it stops when the thing it's applying to (be that life, mana, or ES) is full.
Applying life leech to ES means it's applying to ES, and so stops at full ES. It is no longer applying to life, so does not stop at full life.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info