[2.2] Self Cast Crit Spark | Super fast Clear Speed | Easy to Gear

Been playing this build with an extra of a certain unique Victario's Acuity does really boost my damage giving me frenzy charges and power charges on kill and proj speed/damage per frenzy/power charge
Ghost Reaver works with Assassin's Mark? Confused on the wording.
Says 'Cursed Enemies grant 23 life when killed'
same thing as leeched life?
what is your tooltip dmg with a 6L?
What would be good uniques to level with? I'm looking to giving this a go since my flame totem marauder just ripped!
oh nvm. you get it from the the bezerker.
Taking this to a very different direction.

6.9k Life, immune to reflect, top tier clear speed in Tier 12-13 maps. Definitely one of the most powerful characters I've ever built.

Not quite sure about the passive tree, I might want to get the Poison Nodes, thoughts?

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAABAABeAMEA7gSzBS0ILhBiFSAYVhmOGbQc3CLiI_YknSj6Kk0s6S2DLlMwcTB8MtE1kjfUOkI64T7PPydBh0MxRUdFnUd-R-JKyEt4TZJN41FHU1JTu1SCVkhZbVoaWlJfmGJaZU1odG6qdO11y3rve257w311gpuCx4RThTKGs4cHjX2Nfo2_jxqUoJchmjua4KIAo4qj76Q5plenCKiatfK3PriTu-O9Nr3mvqe_1cBmwXzDM8SizZjPMtNv037UI9Wm2CTYTdi92mLawd2o4XPqYuvu7TztP-2D7g7veu_98B_yRfaj-ej-Cv6P_ro=?accountName=elitedesolator&characterName=TheLoyalHo
Last edited by elitedesolator on Mar 20, 2016, 10:58:53 PM
I've been fiddling with the build quite a bit.
Went with call of the brotherhood for a while. Works really nicely, freeze is extra safety especially against porcupines (They don't fire their quills if they shatter). But you hit a definite wall against any resistant mobs, and in t8/9+ maps in general.
A great option for an inquisitor build probably, but not scion. Maybe if you can get some ele weakness on hit gloves (Which would be great in general - guildmate is tearing stuff up with his. Though very well geared with shavs and skyforth)

So I reverted to pure lightning and using penetration, and damage is a lot more consistent now.
Also finally got a 6l - quite funny, I have been picking up decent chests and trying to link. Had one I had thrown a few fuses at with no 5l yet. I was in my stash with a single odd fusing so I threw it on - normally wait for a decent stack. Didn't even notice it had 6 linked at first!

I've also dropped the herald combo. Wasn't hugely reliable for me, depending on the map. Taken the conduit nodes and routed that way instead. Get 12% chance for charges on kill. Can be a bit patchy - sometimes it just gives you endurance charges (Not bad, but you really want the power charges up first)

I could try victario's acuity - I get a lot of dps from my amulet, but if I save the points from conduit I could grab more spell damage to compensate. Might be a little more consistent too.

It frees up some slots for me, so I can now run an orb of storms/pcoc/curse on hit/ ele weakness set up.
Might change the orb for ice spear though, the range isn't great, although it does have the fire and forget advantage. Lets me get me charges started, and burst down ele resist rares/bosses.

My current gear

Some points on gear

-Now I have a 6l maybe I'm better putting back in faster projectiles. Could drop the winds of change for crit gloves and use a better helm then. As mentioned ele weakness on hit gloves would be great. The knockback does help a bit though.

-Flat lightning is really good on weapons (A real bonus to running dual wield if you can). I picked up a really good 180% spell crit 72% spell damage dagger that didn't do as much dps as it wasmissing the flat and the multi on mine - even though they are both low rolls.

-Managed to get decent +ve chaos resistance which helps a lot. Decent jewellery seem very cheap this league. I need mana regen on there now I have the 6l - it's 70 mana per cast.

- Virtually no mitigation and not that much life means I'm having some stun problems. Might need to fix on the tree

Will keep experimenting. I'm thinking will probably need to go for the dropping proj speed on gear and maxing out on crit option for high tier maps (Unless I can get ele weakness on hit winds of change)

I'm having real troubles keeping the powercharges and onslaught/frenzy up. Powercharges comes 'sometimes' but onslaught/frenzy is very rare i must say. I'm having the same links as you. I guess it has something to do with the herald mechanics but I can't figure out what. Anyone know?
The herald mechanics get a bit more reliable with more levels - not sure what level you are?
Also dependent on maps/mods - in particular you need tightly packed mobs for herald of ice to proc ice bite.

As mentioned though, I have dropped the setup in favour of the conduit nodes - I get 12% chance to get charges. It is a bit hit or miss sometimes though. I also run an orb of storms/pcoc setup to get my charges started (One orb + one volley of sparks normally fills my charges from a pack)
More changes for me. I've changed the routing for getting the conduit nodes and grabbed more ES at the expense of life.

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAABAADBAx4D7gQHBUIHHgj0DXwOSA-rEGIRLxFQEZYWvxmKHU8dgx2-H0Ei9CSLJpUo-ioLKjgrCiycLR8tqDBbM4c1uT8nQZZGcUlRSbFKyEyzVUtVxlfJWW1aUlv0XfJfKl9qX5hh4mJaakNsC20Zb55wUncHeaF7bnvDf8aCx4MJg9uEU4cHhxOJ04uZjDaP-pMnlS6Vh5cGlyGbXZykoS-nK6iarJeus7GQtAy31rlvuZO-gL6KwFTBfMMJwzrEosrTzzLQ0ND118_bWd-Y6rrr5Ov174jv_fDV8h3yl_k3?accountName=Carlovski&characterName=ReflectRip

Been trying to corrupt facebreakers for ele weakness on hit, no luck so far but a guildmate lent me his spare pair

They work great - massively ups my clear speed. Colours aren't ideal though, and I need to get some red socket boots so I can put my CWDT setup back - had to drop it for now.

As no longer using winds of change I have switched faster projectiles back in. I'm still not 100% sure on the best links, I favour consistent damage and crits so am currently running Spark - Spell Echo - Pierce - Increased Critical Strikes - Lightning Penetration - Faster Projectiles

I could switch my helm for a 'proper' es helmet now too

but the faster projectiles is still nice, and the resists are good.

I'm considering putting a call of the brotherhood back in and dropping lightning pen for controlled destruction/inc crit damage. I can always switch rings and put light pen back for resist/curse immune maps. COTB really helps against spikes on death mobs.

I am having problems with stuns at the moment - probably more to do with not being used to squishy casters and not kiting properly, my life should be enough to give me a decent stun threshold. But maybe need to take a bit more life, and maybe even some of the stun avoid nodes.

Basically running about 40k dps with a few charges up. I could get a lot more sheet dps dropping penetration and faster projectiles, but seems like the best balance to me.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info