Labyrinth sucks

"
Sunwolff wrote:
Adding my two cents:

Cent #1: Labyrinth sucks. Everything about it.

Cent #2: I do not like green eggs and ham. And also, Labyrinth sucks.

Thank you for your time.

ditto
R.I.P 4.B.
Agree 100%. It sucks bad. What we have to go thru just to try this new Ascendancy crap.
Imagine having to go thru such crap-traps for each normal notable passive. That's what it feels like to me.
Most (all?) of the Merc bosses are bad for drops. Izaro is no different. Once it's done and you have the 6 points you're done on that build. Daily Lab runs for a ladder ranking is of no interest and a waste of time. Enhancements are even worse as rng picking out of 400 total is an extremely low (and thus bad) chance to get one that you want for the build. Just another instance where rng gambling over real crafting is a failure. When will GGG ever wise up and give us a real way to craft. All this rng is just more bullshit. Some rng is to be expected but for everything? Not good GGG.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
Last edited by Arrowneous on May 14, 2016, 10:29:23 AM
I don't know I'd go so far as to say Labyrinth sucks... but I will say that I hate it. Hate hate hate it.

Labyrinth is easily the most glaring example of Grinding Gear's risk/reward philosophy: get as close as possible to Pyrrhic victory. The traps alone I find incredibly annoying, if not rage inducing. Izaro's power level... well, plenty has been written elsewhere about that, so I think I'll just add a "me too" to that and call it good.

It wouldn't break my heart to see Labyrinth gone forever. Quite the opposite, actually. I don't think that will happen, however, so I'd settle for Labyrinth remaining "optional". If regular game content ever reaches the point where it's mandatory to go through the Labyrinth, I will be very disappointed, to put it mildly.
"People ask me why I do this at my age. People are rude."
Hey guys I've got a great idea!
You know our arpg game where people like to kill stuff?! Let's have them wait for some fucking spikes in the floor! And let's give them temp chains meanwhile so they can really feel the action part of arpg... oh, oh, oh and let's have the whole thing lag like twice as much as usual when they finally encounter a boss! no wait! thrice as much!
Awesome!!!
Now if we only had a way to make players feel forced to play and replay this...

GGGoMakeAPuzzleGame
Last edited by daFalk on Jun 15, 2016, 11:48:28 AM
POE still sucks
my two cents count, been on 3 years and made an epic dual striker
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1533986

this game suffers from no plot, bad voice acting and Fascist RNG that was make Stalinism look fair
Dual Striker Leech Tank, creator since 11/2014
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1533986/page/1Umbra_the_Wolf
Labyrinth sucks.
How ican do it with no regen? Traps damaging me for 70% hp, there is only one chance to fail in lags, spikes, collision errrors (like unable to jump over small stone)

make ascendancy orbs, lol
rus/en, GMT+4
"
HoloPaladin wrote:
How ican do it with no regen?

Bring life flasks
Play more carefully
Use your movement skills better
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Long dumb and tedious.
"
Maswasnos wrote:
Hahahaha, called this from a mile away.

I actually like the labyrinth. It's challenging content with interesting rewards. It can be run quickly if you pay attention to the map.

That said, there are some problems with it:

1) Izaro doesn't seem to go away at the right times. I was under the impression that he stopped fighting at 75% health, 50% health, and 0% health. This doesn't seem to be the case, as he usually leaves the area at slightly under those values. In the charge-based fights, this makes it difficult to manage his charges. I could be wrong about those values, in which case this point is moot.

2) Some mechanics aren't explained well. As another poster said, it's not immediately clear what to do with Izaro's statues or the charge dispellers. Smarter players will eventually figure it out, but new players will constantly be getting slammed by a fully-charged Izaro in the final fight. That sucks.

3) There's not enough of an incentive to complete puzzles and side-areas. Most of the puzzles seem to lead to one or two monsters with a regular chest. It's far more profitable to just tear through the labyrinth to kill Izaro and get your enchant. There's a lot of potential in the Labyrinth- it just needs to be rewarding.

Overall, I think the Labyrinth is a good implementation of a good idea- it just needs a little polish to be perfect.

THIS is feedback and suggestions. Thank you for the constructive feedback towards GGG, a lot of people don't seem to understand this concept and when its presented to them they fob it off and continue with "This sucks, change it. I worship Satan".

Labyrinth has flaws yes, but it is interesting and could be made into something great. Some kind of incentive to go for the chests rather than just random (very) average loot, something should be definite from those chests, in the same way that we end up with some enchants at the end.

Traps: Just learn how they work, the routes that take, timing etc. Seriously, has no one played Super Mario Bros or games similar? Crash Bandicoot, or stealth based games like Splinter Cell, MGS? No different to PoE, just take the time to learn if you have the patience...

Length: It is a bit long though, Labyrinth could be shorter, yes.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info