Orb of Storms

(Quoted from 3.4 Official Patch Notes)
"Orb of Storms

Can now be cast by mines, traps, totems, and can be triggered."

Does this apply to Cast When Damage Taken? If so it doesn't work. I'd like to build around Orb of Storms being supported by CWDT. Please permit this usage.
"Can now be cast by mines, traps, totems, and can be triggered."

makes it seems to be triggerable by all triggers.

One thing I noted is that OoS does have the appropriate description (to be triggerd) in some cities (namely Oriath in the epilogue) while in normal areas it doesnt have said description or function.

Maybe this helps finding the bug
Apologies if I missed this, as I couldn't find from searching, but...

How does OoS work with Channelling? I read that channelled skills will not proc the extra bolts, but if you have a skill being triggered from Cast While Channelling, will this proc the extra bolts?
So is this currently working with CWDT? It doesn't seem like it. I am thinking of replacing it with enfeeble.

Please disregard.
Last edited by CrimsonGeist on Nov 11, 2018, 10:48:56 AM
"
SponTen wrote:
Apologies if I missed this, as I couldn't find from searching, but...

How does OoS work with Channelling? I read that channelled skills will not proc the extra bolts, but if you have a skill being triggered from Cast While Channelling, will this proc the extra bolts?

I want to know this too. In the 3.4 patch had the triggered function added. I know that channel cast 1 time and you sustaint in time, so you activate OoS 1 time.
Is there any way to scale the range the secondary effect (that triggers when you cast a lightning skill inside OoS) targets enemies? Does it scale with level, AoE, anything?
IGN : Jovial
I believe it is same range as the skill itself, which scales with aoe.
This skill is among the skills that shouldn't be able to be animation canceled.
Problem:

(1) Orb Of Storms AOE without AOE investment. Especially because the AOE increase does not scale its damage, and

(2) because some AOE passives and notables and support gems have AOE damage in it, thus are only worth 1/2 of the investment (because OOS does not have AOE damage), if it's only for Orb Of Strom's sake (eg you use Arc, which does not have AOE).

Thus:

Orb of Storms Quality should give it increased "Range" or "Area" instead of the Lighting Damage.

And if GGG wants to keep the damage from quality, tweak the damage progression from lvl 1 to lvl 20 of the gem.
Hi, I have a question about DPS

I have 2 pair of gloves with orb of storms, archmage, elemental focus and lightning penetration. Those two have the very same damage-related stats but one is shaper influenced with afflix "socketed gems are supported by level 18 faster casting".

Here the thing: the plain gloves reports 50k dps and the shaper ones 36k only !?

Am I retarded and missing something obvious? why more speed wont translate in more DPS? If that isn't strange enough I even loose 40% dam. Can't figure out why.
Last edited by Azangod on Sep 9, 2020, 6:21:02 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info