Orb of Storms

Why is there no skill duration in top left for this skill?? its really annoying
It doesn't appear on the status display because it's not a Buff or Debuff that is affecting you.
Does a block with Tempest Shield activate the extra bolts?
No. As per the description, a Skill needs to be used, not just happen. :p
Same reason Echo doesn't trigger it.
I have made a post into the general forum and probably should just have made here. Sorry about that...

In short, I have found the perfect use of this skill for myself. It is an amazing skill!

Link: Thanks for Orb of Storms, it's amazing!
HI All,

Loving this gem so far (even the subtle storm / lightning sound effects, although could be a bit louder).

I only have one concern.

When in a party the animation of the Orb of Storms in particular its aura, strongly( imo ) resembles a Frost/Storm Bearer monster's animation when they leave a bomb after they die.

This can sometimes cause party members to be nervous about it's nature & who placed it.

I've noticed party members will quickly exit it's circumference as they're concerned it may explode after I've placed it :)

My only suggestion would be to change the appearance perhaps for something more unique that's easily recognizable as a safe zone or not a threat.

Thanks

Last edited by c0zie on Apr 12, 2016, 3:24:48 AM
"
Rage09 wrote:
So it procs on activation of a lightning skill?

Does that include CWDT, CoC and Mjolner? My first guess would be yes, but I'm a Mjolner Discharger and its kinda hard to notice since everything melts so fast.

Since nobody really replied to this post I've done some testing w/ cast on crit (lvl1 lightning tendrils) and it doesn't look like it activates the orb's additional proc's but it's really hard to tell... It doesn't look visually any different to me when I'm using CoCS vs manually casting the tendrils and the mobs don't die any faster.

I don't have a Mjolnir to test with so I can't confirm with that item but the wording on CoCS and Mjolnir is the same (they both say cast socketed/supported skills upon "x").

It would be nice to get a dev to chime in and confirm.

Triggers do not count.
I like the spell, but it would be nice to be able place the orb at the cursor position when cast, similar to totems, rather than always casting right on top of me.
How will this skill interact with lightning traps?
I mean, I tried lightning traps, that works fine, but what if I use a lightning skill with trap support?
I'm assuming it'd still work on throwing.
Zaanus:
Global chat: Mechanics for A work one way, B for another, C for a third but also with A, B uses C but not A, and D uses A&B but not C

___
Isn't a "no" better than an ignore?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info