Orb of Storms

Post your feedback for this skill here!

Make sure you concisely state your character build, level, and other complimenting abilities you have when you talk about a skill - The more we know about your character, the better we can understand your feedback.
Please email support@grindinggear.com if you need any assistance!

Last bumped on Oct 20, 2021, 9:11:26 PM
I have a few questions.

1. i'm assuming this skill works with melee lightning skills such as, static strike, lightning strike, wild strike (lightning component?), elemental hit (lightning component)?

2. in the skill description it states using another lightning skill while inside the orb's cloud unleashes additional bolts. does this mean I cast orb of storms use static strike one time and additional bolts unleash? do additional bolts unleash each time a skill is used inside orb of storms or is it on a one time basis meaning, you would only get additional bolts once from one skill regardless of how many times you use a skill afterwards?

3. my next question is how does multistrike support gem function with this as well i'm assuming you would only get additional bolts from the first swing, and the additional swings of multistrike will have no effect on producing additional bolts?

IGN: @Steppy
1. Yes. It will always trigger from EHit/Wild Strike, btw.
2. Once per activation.
3. Once per activation, so with Multistrike, that means one bolt per three swings.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Mar 7, 2016, 5:43:18 AM
I love the skill. I use it with curse on hit and elemental weakness. I hope they don't nerf my floating curse ball.
using another lightning skill unleashes additional bolts....

how does this work with spell echo? (like using arch w/ spell echo inside it) do both casts make it shoot additional bolts? i can't really see what's going on with this spell
Last edited by Kinnick on Mar 8, 2016, 10:37:12 AM
It doesn't work with Echo :p
It triggers on activation, not on repeats.
I can´t figure out if this skill is supposed to support melee or caster characters. For instance, I want to use Storm Call with it, but I have to be inside the ring and close to the mobs to do it. I´m assuming it would be better to use a skill like Lightning Strike while inside the ring to get a better use of Orb of Storms, since you have to be up close which is risky as a caster.
I feel that this skill is pretty damn cool after seeing the potential after playing for 70 levels with it. Yeah, felt that I've been using it wrong all that time...

Started playing a non specific non crit build that would use Iron Will later, used it to proc Elemental Overload with Increased Critical Strikes, used it a bit to proc Curse on Hit with Conductivity, use Increased Area of Effect, now using to proc both CoH and EO without Icreased AoE. If you got bonkers cast speed, even with Echo it casts beams fast enough and chains round corners.

I did use Faster Casting with it and use Lightning Warp to more away from packs and let it do it's job but I feel that's a waste of how this weak skill can actually deal damage or proc skills. Decent utility.
Last edited by YellowMage on Mar 11, 2016, 2:19:04 AM
So it procs on activation of a lightning skill?

Does that include CWDT, CoC and Mjolner? My first guess would be yes, but I'm a Mjolner Discharger and its kinda hard to notice since everything melts so fast.
My current setup. I was able to stunlock the rogue exile, Ion Darkshroud and it kills shocked enemies often enough for onslaught to almost always be active.

I find that it does excellent damage overall and goes well with other lightning skills cast quickly.
Light as a neutral force.

The new flesh emerges.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info