[2.4 Video Guide] Cheap Beginners Crit Shockwave Totem Build [HC/SC]

Thanks for the clear explanation!

As I'm reading through the build and trying to grasp the details of what is said I stumbled upon lifespring. You'll have to know almost every keyword I encounter I'll have to google since this is all very new and overwelming to me.

So lifespring gives you life regeneration after casting a spell. Is summoning a totem considered casting a spell ?

Also it doesn't seem like a very strong hand wapon with only 3-6 Physical Damage and no sockets ?

My current melee wapons have more sockets and have a higher attack value, this confuses me ?

Also to get a lifespring is it a good idea to equip a drift wood wand with a change orb to increase my drop chances ?
Last edited by jonas_g on Jul 8, 2016, 3:53:57 PM
summoning totems doesn't count as casting a spell, so the life regen on lifesprig doesn't work

for spells, you do not need to look at the weapon dmg...you just need %spell dmg on your weapons

you can always use a jeweller orb to increase the sockets of an item

chance orb are used if you wanna get a particular unique. The chance of getting the unique is very low however, and for a cheap item like lifesprig, there's no point wasting your chance orb. Try to get a cheap lifesprig off poe.trade instead

Hi, I am new to this game and just started playing two days ago. My Templar is around level 43

Defensive Setup 1:

- Cast When Damage Taken (lvl 7), Immortal Call (lvl 9), Stone Golem (lvl 9) & Increased Duration (max level)

I have question about the gem and combo:

I tried the combo above and it makes both Immortal Call and Stone Golem not available after adding Cast When Damage Taken?!

second question is why there is a level next to the spell? What is the meaning? Do I need to stop leveling the spell and if yes how? And why have have both Immortal call and Stone golem main spells and are not getting benefit from supportive spells?

Last edited by fatkinglet on Jul 12, 2016, 3:43:16 PM
"
fatkinglet wrote:
Hi, I am new to this game and just started playing two days ago. My Templar is around level 43

Defensive Setup 1:

- Cast When Damage Taken (lvl 7), Immortal Call (lvl 9), Stone Golem (lvl 9) & Increased Duration (max level)

I have question about the gem and combo:

I tried the combo above and it makes both Immortal Call and Stone Golem not available after adding Cast When Damage Taken?!

Thats perfectly normal because CWDT cast the supported gems when you take a certain amount of damage , also I suggest you to take out the Stone golem and place it somewhere else.

"
second question is why there is a level next to the spell? What is the meaning? Do I need to stop leveling the spell and if yes how?

You would normally level up gems as much you can, if you dont want to level a certain gem simply right click it.

"
And why have have both Immortal call and Stone golem main spells and are not getting benefit from supportive spells?

You should be more specific about this one , however I guess your main gems and supportive gems aren't linked.
Will this build work with bladefall totem ? or it is significant dmg drop.
Great build. Thanks.

Level 64 in prophecy league. Doing alright.
"
Akira159 wrote:
Will this build work with bladefall totem ? or it is significant dmg drop.

With a few modifications then yes! :)
Weekly build guides: Youtube.com/LiftingNerdBro
Daily live streams: Twitch.tv/LiftingNerdBro
Friendly PoE community: Discord.gg/Lifting
Hi,
I'm playing with this build and my flame totem is doing more damage then shockwave :(
I dont have a 4 or 5 link chest, but, will it work better then flame totem in future?
Level 82 in prophecy league now. I tried the endgame lab twice but failed both times. Last time i made it all the way to izaro phase 3 but he killed me. The biggest problem is that this build has no sustain what so ever for those kind of battles and all the traps. When the flasks are out of charges you die. That's it. No room for mistakes.

I am working on a solution for this i will try tomorrow.
I'm gonna drop zealot's oath and take this flask instead.

Might get a few more levels too and pick up the last 3 life passives with 0,8% regen near Mom. I wanna have 5k life for Izaro. I'm on 4,7k or something now.

Then i have continous life regen until i activate it. Plus i need much better mobility vs izaro. Whirling blades or flame dash are a must. I had lightning warp by mistake because i used it to travel over all those traps and forgot to switch back but that skill blows vs izaro. Perhaps i would have made it with flame dash i normally use.

The lab is not easy for EB builds. Probably the worst choice of build for lab but i just want my last 2 ascendancy points. I have other builds to farm the lab. This build excels at mapping.

How do you guys fare in the lab?
Last edited by kompaniet on Aug 5, 2016, 11:44:26 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info