[3.8] Tanky Aurabot - a combined Guide

"
CMXVII wrote:
Is the passive tree still up-to-date?

For the most parts.
As Guardian it might be ok to go over to the new Minion cluster to get the Lifereg there, but I doubt it.

In Any Chase, there are so many possibilities for Lifereg on Gear now that I think you are better served just maxing out on ES.
Which corruption would be better for Victario's Influence:
+1 to level of socketed gems
+2 to level of socketed aura gems

I'm leaning towards +2 to aura but I only ask because you call out the +1 to all gems. I have one of each so I'm trying to decide which one to socket.
"
GoMerica wrote:
Which corruption would be better for Victario's Influence:
+1 to level of socketed gems
+2 to level of socketed aura gems

I'm leaning towards +2 to aura but I only ask because you call out the +1 to all gems. I have one of each so I'm trying to decide which one to socket.

+2 is better, I usually dont use supportgems in Victarious anyways.
But the level is only really important for Grace/Diszi/Wrath/Anger.

+2 to Aura gems or AoE Gems, both will work.

GOD DAMN. Every fucking League a new Item so I need to rewrite the Guide...
Here is an Aurabot's take on this:

Dreadbanner: Chance to impale + Enemy Accuracy Debuff | Stack on Impale
Warbanner: Accuracy + Enemies take more physical Damage | Stacks on Kill
(this is allready overpowered, as physical Builds scale the hardest with Aurabots)

So lets just get this out of the way: There is no chance in hell I can consistantly get stacks as an Endgame-Aurabot with Warbanner.
If I kill things, something is just wrong.

That beeing said, I can just as easyily Curse on Hit with Lancing Steele and get Impale-stacks.
Or If I dont use Generosity it would seem my Ball-Lightning can Impale (due to the Banner Effekt?)

The next Question is what the stacks scale.
It might very well be worth it to simply carry a Warbanner all day without the stacks IF that just increases the Duration.

In any way this Banners will fit nicely into my Victariou's Influence where the reservation is further reduced.
As I dont see myself stacking up the Warbanner past lvl 30 I will just switch to Dread asap and Curse on hit useing Lancing Steele.

Now for the more interesting Question:
IF Generosity works on the Banner, they either rework the Gem to work on Auras AND Banners, or Banners have the Aura-Tag. (they Might well have it in the Second Stage at least).

Well fuck me if Banners get the Aura-Tag. Having whatever Banner with 140% Aura-Effekt PLUS Stacks shall be interesting.

I already pump an obscene Grace Aura + Enfeeble so enemys will barely hit anything. Add to that a possible Blind and it seems very nice.

On the otherhand the Increased physical Damage Taken (if Aura Effects Scale that up) sounds OP if you play a culling Aurabot...
Hey mate. I have played necro support (with Shavs) 3 times before and even though I had pretty high ES I still died quite a lot.

Do you think your build (as guardian) will be tankier even with lower ES pool? Sorry it the question sounds dumb, I never played guardian before.

On a second question: do you think you can level solo as a guardian following the support tree? What skill would he better for that?
"
Krazy_X wrote:
Hey mate. I have played necro support (with Shavs) 3 times before and even though I had pretty high ES I still died quite a lot.

Do you think your build (as guardian) will be tankier even with lower ES pool? Sorry it the question sounds dumb, I never played guardian before.

On a second question: do you think you can level solo as a guardian following the support tree? What skill would he better for that?

Interesting Question.
Well, I used to recommend people to level this with friends, as it is the most fun.

However lately with the addition of Holy Relic + Smite you might be able to (slowly) level by yourself.

The Relic in a 4-link will dish out ok damage (with your auras) so that you can run the acts. However Bosses will be slow and Labyrinth probably needs to be overleveled.

As for survivability:

I Usually land araound 9k ES with my Build, both on Guardian and Ascendand.
You have somewhere around 15% physical reduction, 20k+ Armour, 90+ Elemental Resists and all the while you have at least 14% ES reg per second.

The only thing that is a regular Danger to me are the Balls from Uber-Elder.
I will probably get me a phys-to-Element conversion Eye and work on incooperating the Wise Oak Flask to counteract this.
Can't wait for changes in your guide, Karunga.
Im so excited! :)
«Мнения как яйца — сколько не имей, а получать по ним больно». © Варрик
Meanwhile a small teaser:

Putting Banners into Victario's Influence gives them around +149% Aura Effekt.
That is without stages / planting them we reach:

Warbanner:
146% inc. Accuracy Rating | Enemys take 27% increased physical Damage.

Dreadbanner:
Attacks have 49% chance to Impale
Impale has 47% Effekt
Enemys have 52% LESS Accuracy

So the less Accuracy it seems works fully on Bosses, as this is not a Curse.
And on normal Enemys with Enfeeble we should reach over 100% less Accuracy.
Whatever that means.

Please be aware that both thse Banners affekt only the physical Damage the Enemy receives - meaning that Full Convertion Builds will not feel their impact.

The physical Damage taken from Warbanner works on the Enemy and therefor supports Spells aswell.

The Impale from Dreadbanner scales exclusivly from unmitigated physical damage the Enemy receives.
Crunching the numbers on 50% impale chance and 50% Impale Effekt (rounded) we provide - that should come to an average of 37,7% more physical Attack Damage on the enemy - provided the Attacker will always hit.

With ever Hit consuming 1 out of 5 Impales but only creating 0,5 Impales there should be an average on 2,5 Impales allways aktive on the Enemy - every Impale dealing 15% of the hit...

In conclusion:
YOU will want to have a Banner aktive because it's an Aura and it wil therefor give the relevant Aurabonus from our Ascendancy - physical DMG reduction, Attack/Castspeed/(Fossil weapon).With 10% reservation they are also very cheap.

If you Support a physical Spellcaster -> Warbanner
If you Support Attackbuilds that arent hitcapped -> Warbanner
If you Support Attackbuilds that are hitcapped -> Dread
Anything Else -> Dread ( for the less Accuracy on Enemys)
Updated to 3.5:
- Added relevant Discussion about Banners
- Reworked Flask and Jewel's section
- Added Pros/Cons of Champion.

TL;DR:
Banners are an interesting option. Even if you dont "need" one, the Debuff on Enemies is nice and it count's as Aura for your other Effects.

Champion seems to me like the second best option, maybe even competing with first spot. Skilltree will be practically the same.

Please be aware that the Ascendant-Build is the more popular one and as such the one with more discussion.
It might well be that I did numerous errors in integrating the Asecendant into this one - bear with me...
Last edited by Karunga on Dec 6, 2018, 3:36:53 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info