[2.2] Making Builds for everyone! Build help thread

I'm new to PoE (2 days). Butter-fingered casual gamer who prefers turn-based, but found Diablo II an amazing time-sink. Still looking around, but hoping someone can share some guidance to shorten the learning curve.

Perhaps not quite your format, but can you recommend me a build that is beginner-friendly but can still handle Uber-Atziri some day?

Skill: Auto-targeting or easy to aim
Crit, Elemental, or Phys: whichever does the job simpler?
What type of weapon will you want to use? I suspect ranged would be easier, so bows/wands/staffs
What level are you planning to level this build to? As high as possible.
Hardcore or Softcore? Very much Soft.
Ascendancy you wish to use:

Alternatively, from what little portion of the forums I've managed to read, can you help me decide between Archer or SRS Witch? (Sounds like pure summoner won't cut it later?)

Thank you for your time.
Last edited by eskeemoo on Mar 4, 2016, 2:38:47 AM
"
eskeemoo wrote:
I'm new to PoE (2 days). Butter-fingered casual gamer who prefers turn-based, but found Diablo II an amazing time-sink. Still looking around, but hoping someone can share some guidance to shorten the learning curve.

Perhaps not quite your format, but can you recommend me a build that is beginner-friendly but can still handle Uber-Atziri some day?

What type of weapon will you want to use? I suspect ranged would be easier, so bows/wands/staffs

Alternatively, from what little portion of the forums I've managed to read, can you help me decide between Archer or SRS Witch? (Sounds like pure summoner won't cut it later?)

Thank you for your time.
\

Hey :) So, welcome to Path of Exile :D I would be more than happy to help you wish a new build, something that can be easy to learn, so, i have the perfect build for you

You may need the offline skill tree planner (https://github.com/EmmittJ/PoESkillTree/releases) to view this if you wish to view it before the ascendancy update :)

here is the ascendancy tree, with "Deadeye" as the ascendant.

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwIAm42v694YCC4B0RPaz15pTu2D_gmxARVDU88ZjichAF6VyNN-xKLven11u-OXBqfU5wr-ugX5_sgKm5smoaR46-jWMgHh2_zF53Qi6rIZBiMNjW1swzrPensUW6-HdjY9m7Vh65S4IXZOKuOfZ6CdqlWFX7B6U_ljhs5M_yPTSn1sjKXLykqjisEzQzFvJ2Ksb54j9trBwzONfppq4J-cpIMJ8bNNko19dO1aGs2YBWaHE0tXMHwFLepidwfA438rUUd673XLOdSVBedUjb--p3b3CIkk_dQjZU0x-prx_969NqCfXWhHfsqptUg=

AS i said, you may need to open this in the offline tree planner via that link.

6L Setup (in order of prioritization): Tornado Shot, Greater Multiple Projectiles, Increased Critical Damage, Physical Projectile Attack Damage, Faster Attacks, Added Fire Damage

Auras: Hatred

Curses: Blasphemy, Assassins Mark

You will use Blood Rage to gain frenzy charges.

Golem: Ice Golem (obtained in act 4 normal)

Bandits: Help Oak (40 life) in normal, help Kraityn in cruel (8% attack speed) and help kraityn once again for merciless, for an additional Frenzy Charge

Unique items: Rat's Nest is the only one you need, focus on getting 2 diamond rings with life/res, and any amulet with crit, life and res.

Bow will be a Harbinger base, due to its 40-50% crit chance that is on the bow type itself, if you were to roll a bow, roll it with physical, crit, and attack speed :)

I hope this helps my friend, welcome, once again to Path of Exile, ill be more then happy to help answer your questions, and even PM you from time to time to keep you updated with stuff

Have fun!
Twitch: twitch.tv/slayertip

Helping people with their builds, its somewhat a hobby, and a passion of mine, so don't be shy!

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1715639 <--- Build help forums thread thingy.
Much thanks!

I did look at some Archer builds, so have an idea of what you're suggesting, but will probably need a little more time and experience for it all to sink in.

It seems straight-forwards enough, maintain a Golem, apply Curse and shoot away. Is that right?

Might I ask why you would suggest a Crit-Tornado Shot Archer as compared to a SRS Witch? I'm just assuming the auto-aiming SRS would be easier to control, but I wouldn't know about other factors.
"
eskeemoo wrote:

Thank you for your time.

Slyaer is right, but if you want a beginner friendly starter build you can also try a Flame Totem Build.

They are Life and Mana based possible (Life based = Spend life instead of Mana for your skills - Bloodmagic)

Class: Marauder - Life based Dual Flame Totem
Ascendancy Class: Chieftain (Arohongui - Tukohama - Tawhoa)

Skill Tree (lvl 91)
http://poedb.tw/us/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwEAAdwDdQSzBg4J9gthDjwQzBQgFE0UcRZvGJEZLho-GmwkqiftKS4qEzH7NZI26TpSOuE8LT38QYdG10d-TeNQR1cNWGNYd1jlWfNaK18_Y_1lTWZUZp5oWGhlaPJqHmo7bztxhXIPcql2rHfjeWh65nsgfLh_44IHg1-DzITZidiMz5ErlG-drqIAo_KmV6lurKqtja9ssUK3PryfvTa-p8AawQTEWMT2xq7G2M9-0iHUfNeW2L3ZYdl82rnfv-Nq7w7wH_Iv8kHyRfOb9kj4k_no-tL8S_4K_of-jw==

Bandits: Oak - Skill - Skill

Skill: Flame Totem
Links: Faster Casting - Fire Penetration - Faster Projectiles.

Thats the basic 4L Setup, if you have a 5 or 6L add Iron Will and Controlled Destruction.

Gear: Focus on Armor based gear and get some Int on your jewellery (you'll need about 70-85 int from gear) - Get as much life as possible with capped res.

Statpriority:

Life
Res until ~30 over cap (ele weakness maps)
Int - until enough for your skills (FC&CD)
Str to support your Iron Will.

Fun Fact: You can easily transit this build into a Dual RF Totem Build.

Have fun with PoE!

:)

█▀▀▌ █▌█▀▀▀ █▀▀▌█▄░▌
█▀▀█ █▌▀▀▀█ █░░▌█▀▌▌
█▄▄▌ █▌█▄▄█ █▄▄▌█░█▌
"
eskeemoo wrote:
Much thanks!

I did look at some Archer builds, so have an idea of what you're suggesting, but will probably need a little more time and experience for it all to sink in.

It seems straight-forwards enough, maintain a Golem, apply Curse and shoot away. Is that right?

Might I ask why you would suggest a Crit-Tornado Shot Archer as compared to a SRS Witch? I'm just assuming the auto-aiming SRS would be easier to control, but I wouldn't know about other factors.

you dont really need to apply a curse when you have blasphemy linked with it, as blasphemy acts as a curse aura around you, basically, so, if you're near an enemy, its cursed with that curse.

SRS at the moment is an iffy skill, due to its AI which seems to have pissed people off a fair bit :P and i;ve always made a tornado shot character to start off in every league, and its what put me ahead of most of my guild :)

Helping people with their builds, its somewhat a hobby, and a passion of mine, so don't be shy!

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1715639 <--- Build help forums thread thingy.
Alright, last bump for the night, tomorrow is ascendancy, i will be accepting build requests then :)

Rest well to those who are gonna sleep before ascendancy :)

Goodnight guys :)

lucky last bump, coz, was watching something xD

bemp

Skill: Molten Shell Totems
Crit, Elemental, or Phys: Elemental non-crit
What type of weapon will you want to use? I'm thinking Doon Cuebiyari off-hand for armour bonus (goes to totems) Not sure for main hand
What level are you planning to level this build to? ~85
Hardcore or Softcore? Softcore
Ascendancy you wish to use: Chieftain
Skill: Unsure - this is my main problem at the moment. I'm new to PoE (just started a couple days ago), and most of the endgame builds I've looked at seem to clear maps just by spamming one skill. These look really boring, so I'd like something more involved. I'm playing a level 20 Shadow right now and enjoying skills like Viper Strike, Whirling Blades, Spectral Throw, Reave, and Fire Trap. I don't think I want to play a spellcaster or use too many flashy elemental skills (that's not the theme that I chose Shadow for), but that's my only other specification here.

Crit, Elemental, or Phys: I'm too new to have a full grasp on the differences between them, so it doesn't really matter to me. Whatever fits best into the build will suit me fine.

What type of weapon will you want to use? - A dagger or 1-handed sword would be cool. Claws would also be okay. Doesn't matter which.

What level are you planning to level this build to? - To the level cap, ideally. It would be nice to be able to do endgame content without having to start a new character.

Hardcore or Softcore? - SC

Ascendancy you wish to use: Assassin or Trickster.

I'm not looking for record speed clears, and this isn't my first ARPG, so I don't mind running melee or something else that's more challenging. Figuring out a fun endgame skill loadout so I don't screw up my passives has been my biggest hurdle at this point.

Thanks so much!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info