[2.2] Making Builds for everyone! Build help thread

Twitch: twitch.tv/slayertip

Helping people with their builds, its somewhat a hobby, and a passion of mine, so don't be shy!

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1715639 <--- Build help forums thread thingy.
bup

Helping people with their builds, its somewhat a hobby, and a passion of mine, so don't be shy!

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1715639 <--- Build help forums thread thingy.
bump, will close this thread down in 10 ish days, because wwell, no ones playing i dont think haha

boompo

I have posted this on reddit as well but I would like to know what you think about this too. Sorry if it irritates you but I will appreciate if you can help me out on this.

Played this game for a while and was looking for some good old unique items that are being forgotten in the current meta, and Apep's rage interested me. With its high cast speed and flat chaos damage on spell mods, flameblast is the first skill that come to my mind. The cast speed helps to charge up the skill faster and the flat chaos damage scales well with the multiplier on stacks. Therefore, I started to build on this idea and would like to ask for some opinion on this.

Gear and Ascendancy: Apep's rage + shield (Scion - Occultist - Path of the Witch)
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAAAALfWCGfbWeKtkzoVuFfhLagJ2b0nyFv5ZbGQvoDKRhhWGDyWMiHDgwny0jE1-eiQ1t2SQYffsN-Ktz6CEOkCiFpLrl7AoEIbJdlbbRktixFQl_QI9CL0H8c1uVJTwFRsCyt4pysdT5eVPV-86mpDkycsnEyzL52-in_G74gRLQQH0B8W86EvEZb5N3yDg9vr5O_rJjwHHg5I18_r7lXGXyqVLl3ySbGa4KcIHNw6WPDVKwpFnZ2ujxqsmElRES9TUhps99fkIjbphEjVpiSqXGvtPBZvw22aO-Nqn9-Cm-98PAXAZgSzogDwH2jyfEu2hpZ0AAA=

I tend to go with this if one single Apep's can give me enough damage for late game content (which I have no idea whether it can). A life-es hybrid with some points for reducing the mana cost. All ascendancy passive can be utilized. Planned auras are Discipline, Blasphemy(enfeeble), and Clarity(prolly on life).

Plan 2: Dual wield Apep's rage (Inquisitor)
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAUAAE8EQ8gpi6i5W6CbbgxSp1XfhnwOgDBo8vAffEuvbKIAtoaWdAthBLPGrsBmxPY8LTwFRUevp4Nfg8yf3-98MtEczrc-mjvr7itQiFrtPHyDmuAc3A3NXsCgQtWmES1FnY8a_lTkIiycU1IabCt4NukfxySqLYsWb20Z42oRUNlbl_QI9CL0NbkbJVJTwFRsC6crHU9LrpeVPV9qQ5Mn6QJMsy-dvop_xu-I0B8W86EvEZb5N-_rJjwHHg5I1887DZUuXfJJsREP8NUrCkwtrJhJUREvRPs6WPfXdFU741XGhEhfKooog9tca2QJw21VrkSrj6aCEN-wAAA=

3 travelling nodes near Dynamo will be skipped with Intuitive Leap, so same number of passives for both tree. A dual wield version which hopefully have enough damage in the late game. More points on mana and mana cost. Pious Path + Sulphur flasks for further cost reduction.

Planned gem links are: Flameblast - Added chaos damage - Increased AOE - Controlled destruction - Fire penetration (- faster casting)

I do want to play with this build until the end of the league so I would like to ask for some feedback on the build's viability in the late game contents. Thank you for any support.
I need to get into early to mid-maps with a Templar, Duelist and Shadow. I have done the other 4. I am interested in a summoner & maybe an ice trapper but then after that who knows! Maybe some kind of lightning attack build. Probably the more crit the better since I am not rich but have some items to get by with. What do you think? Is that enough information to get started?
Rose: You're an alien? You sound like you're from the North.
Doctor: LOTS of planets have a North!!!
hi there,

it's time for a new build, while i know some things i want to use for a build i dont know a full concept of what i want to build exactly, so i am open for ideas

items i want to use for my next build:
- coil
- redblade affix helm (rare roll, life/ ev/ stun avoidance)
- light2cold avian twin tali (rare roll, life/ ev%)
- taste of hate

char/ passives/ asc i want to use:
- phase-/ acro
- heart of oak (noteable)
- life based
- witch
- elementalist
- paragon of calamity

things i would like to have (but not a must):
- endurance charges
- fortify (could be linked to whirl)
- whirling blades for movement (not a must because if i cant use a whirl-able weapon in my main setup i will use the weapon swap slot for it but who dont like QoL)
- great lifepool
- bloodmagic
- mom as an option is also nice if manapool (if manabased) does not suffer from it
- bm/eb/mom is also nice (got a shav ring for things like this but i doubt i would get a large enough ES pool to make it worth)
- runing the single-element puritys may also an option to migate the damage further but i think going bm or mom would increase the overall ehp more (not sure what is the best choice because of skilltree traveling/ passiv point investment)
- bloodless (noteable)
- whispers of doom (noteable)
- high life regen
- if mana based, pool should be good enough to sustain a 6l setup without the use of flask/ manaleech (for attacks/ casts - mana flaskin' for mom is okay)
- good chaos res% if possible (i am fine with situational high chaos res due to item swaps)
- items i like to be able to swap to (depending on situation): glitterdisc, bloodgrip, shaper, deceiver belt, saffels, atziri step, sin trek (if not bloodless).
- overstacked ele res% depending on situation including me to swap items around (130%fire/ 40%cold/ 80%light would be nice), ele puritys could help for this (multiple essence worm swap in bm case) aswell as flasks
- if full elemental, penetration nodes (celestial judgement, heart of... noteables) would be nice
- atleast 1 green socket in the main setup where i can swap in gems like bcr or cull (or blind if mainskill hits fast/ often enough).
- being able to utilize EE would also nice.
- high mobility if possible (this include another movement option besides whirl in the main setup if i have to swap for it)

yesyes i know... cant get everything of the nice stuff :'(

things i dont like:
- kill based events (getting charges/ things on kill)
- chaos damage based mainskill (including conversions to it)
- lifeleech/ vaalpact
- manaleech (atleast attacks/ casts should be sustainable without leech)
- not to much precast time (auras/ heralds, golems stuff like this)
- should not be summoner style or totem based (precast time)

getting additional items for that build should be not a problem besides a few exceptions.

i dont care if this witch becomes a fighter or a spellcaster or if it is a one-click char or if i have to play it like a piano (build should be around level90), if i like the idea you have for me (if you have some) with the given points i will do it ;)

thanks for your time and ideas.
Last edited by gwenZ on Apr 22, 2016, 5:48:01 AM
Heya~ I would like either a build from scratch, or optimizing one I tried to wrangle out myself.

Skill: Flicker Strike (Frenzy for single target?)
Crit, Elemental, or Phys: All, but primarily Phys + Fire
What type of weapon will you want to use: The Goddess Unleashed
What level are you planning to level this build to: 80-90.
Hardcore or Softcore: Softcore
Ascendancy you wish to use: Raider

I'd like to make use of some nice gear I already have, so incorporating the following is preferable (but not a requirement): Maligaro's Virtuosity (Leg), Meginord's Girdle (Leg), Daresso's Defiance.

Notes on TGU: Scales better with Physical Nodes than Ele ones, Degen from Her Blessing is around 8% HP Per second on 75% Fire Res and the pseudo-Onslaught effect stacks with Onslaught.

Link to my existing build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1652284

Skill:Glacial Hammer (Been wanting to make an effective build for this skill forever)
Crit, Elemental, or Phys: Elemental (Perma Freeze/Chill)
What type of weapon will you want to use?2h, thrown around the idea of 1h and shield but not sure how effective it would be.
What level are you planning to level this build to?80-90
Hardcore or Softcore?Softcore
Ascendancy you wish to use: Either Elementelist Witch or Inquisitor Templar I feel would be the best fits for it using a Scion.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info