[2.2] Making Builds for everyone! Build help thread

Hi, I hope you can help me, judging if this build is ok or if I should stick to the standard cyclone stuff.

Skill:
Cyclone + Added Fire Damage + Weapon Elemental Damage + Physical to Lightning + Faster Attacks
Hatred + Herald of Fire
Ice Golem
(No Curse planned yet, as i play in a group 90% of the time)
Crit, Elemental, or Phys: Elemental (no Crit, only enough to trigger Elemental Overload)
What type of weapon will you want to use? Dual Claws
What level are you planning to level this build to? ~90
Hardcore or Softcore? Softcore, upcoming league
Ascendancy you wish to use: Scion Elementalist + Raider
Bandits: Life, Passive, Frenzy (maybe Passive, gonna see how Raider works)

http://poedb.tw/us/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwBHvrz0xkUKNdYxnqZXTeP-jzWS2L3-CvJFOuG18nJsbEYyCXgNwBpvO6lud-MB3ITZR369NmVNvqdgQWNwEdVXl0MxC8HDM1oaLIUhYMGL26cJWNP8gUE17zrt2sF07S5T028FLXrvtz6DzDwtg1_Grq4-Z5vkUVBH7w4UIF8_C2GvbGjy8B-iAASzwGY8BZ_f73zhc-0ggpuaO1fid-UyiTrYJy-QVRo4WfNyD5RvZlRmnvrSFm_jaiSqNukabJ2upwjYJFZIcYVXKUbX2rmxQvMRTP_WWOCfBWb2SIzPPfxYY-KtCdnKRiBZe26XIcF8IdA=
Last edited by jomtoy on Mar 3, 2016, 9:51:15 AM
Thx! Really forgot about that one, helps with mana reservation and frozen imunity at same time. Good option. Dont like losing the ES from Helmet too, but think its ok with this.
"
jomtoy wrote:
Hi, I hope you can help me, judging if this build is ok or if I should stick to the standard cyclone stuff.

Skill:
Cyclone + Added Fire Damage + Weapon Elemental Damage + Physical to Lightning + Faster Attacks
Hatred + Herald of Fire
Ice Golem
(No Curse planned yet, as i play in a group 90% of the time)
Crit, Elemental, or Phys: Elemental (no Crit, only enough to trigger Elemental Overload)
What type of weapon will you want to use? Dual Claws
What level are you planning to level this build to? ~90
Hardcore or Softcore? Softcore, upcoming league
Ascendancy you wish to use: Scion Elementalist + Raider
Bandits: Life, Passive, Frenzy (maybe Passive, gonna see how Raider works)

http://poedb.tw/us/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwBHvrz0xkUKNdYxnqZXTeP-jzWS2L3-CvJFOuG18nJsbEYyCXgNwBpvO6lud-MB3ITZR369NmVNvqdgQWNwEdVXl0MxC8HDM1oaLIUhYMGL26cJWNP8gUE17zrt2sF07S5T028FLXrvtz6DzDwtg1_Grq4-Z5vkUVBH7w4UIF8_C2GvbGjy8B-iAASzwGY8BZ_f73zhc-0ggpuaO1fid-UyiTrYJy-QVRo4WfNyD5RvZlRmnvrSFm_jaiSqNukabJ2upwjYJFZIcYVXKUbX2rmxQvMRTP_WWOCfBWb2SIzPPfxYY-KtCdnKRiBZe26XIcF8IdA=

That does look decent, although for the bandits, i would say for "cruel" go with kraytin for the attack speed :) its really beneficial for cyclone builds... also, with the cyclone links, why HoA? is that just to fill in the 6l, or is that to tell me youll be using herald of ash? Herald of Ash is used mostly for physical based builds... i would probably change that from HoA to either Ice or Thunder, to implement more elemental damage, which scales with elemental overload :) if you have questions about my decision, let me know :)
Twitch: twitch.tv/slayertip

Helping people with their builds, its somewhat a hobby, and a passion of mine, so don't be shy!

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1715639 <--- Build help forums thread thingy.
Thank you for the help! I am actually not 100% sure which support gems I should link with cyclone. I took what seemed reasonable. As for HoA, I just listed the Auras/Heralds i want to use. But you are right, Herald of Thunder/Ice would be better.
"
jomtoy wrote:
Thank you for the help! I am actually not 100% sure which support gems I should link with cyclone. I took what seemed reasonable. As for HoA, I just listed the Auras/Heralds i want to use. But you are right, Herald of Thunder/Ice would be better.

Conc effect helps with cyclone also ;) cyclone is AoE, and conc effect is a nice AoE damage buff, with a little bit less of AoE (since weapon range is more efficient then AoE with cyclone, so you wont miss much)

:)) you're more then welcome!

Helping people with their builds, its somewhat a hobby, and a passion of mine, so don't be shy!

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1715639 <--- Build help forums thread thingy.
Its been a hell of a first day, ascendancy in like, 24 hours or something, so, im gonna sleep, rest up, maybe comatose, then ill be back to reply to whomever was here :) please be patient!

goodnight exiles! :3

bumping for awareness! :)

Don't really need a build right now, but looking for your advice. I was hoping to make a non-crit Bladefall build, possibly using poison. I figured it would be nerfed and it was, but not as bad as I had thought it would be.

So my question is do you think it would still be a viable build? I'm fairly casual and mostly self-found, so I'm not expecting to kill uber with it. But I'm hoping to at least be able to run low tier maps with shitty gear and reach around lvl 80. Any thoughts from you (or others) would be greatly appreciated.
"
Kaicimo wrote:
Don't really need a build right now, but looking for your advice. I was hoping to make a non-crit Bladefall build, possibly using poison. I figured it would be nerfed and it was, but not as bad as I had thought it would be.

So my question is do you think it would still be a viable build? I'm fairly casual and mostly self-found, so I'm not expecting to kill uber with it. But I'm hoping to at least be able to run low tier maps with shitty gear and reach around lvl 80. Any thoughts from you (or others) would be greatly appreciated.

Hello :) So, theres this paranoia in this community where, if a skill gets even slightly nerfed, its basically dead and no one will use it... in this case, Bladefall was incredibly OP before hand, and this nerf balanced it out basically perfectly :P so, yes, its possible, even with the nerfs. Level 80 with shitty gear will be no problem :P

Note, please don't read this until Ascendancy has been released. ;)

--------------------------------------------------------

Can you help me work out how to do this build below?

Crit, Elemental, or Phys:
Crit movement skill spam, either flicker strike or whirling blades or both. Fire element (see below). Ideally flicker strike would be self-sustaining.

What type of weapon will you want to use?

For high base crit chance, and because it's awesome. Obviously it's not supposed to be a late-game item, but that doesn't stop me wanting to try.

What level are you planning to level this build to?
Enough to do Merciless Docks or Lunaris runs on autopilot. No need for maps or merciless dominus kill or anything.

Hardcore or Softcore?
Softcore, it's just a fun build. 2-3k HP is fine.

Ascendancy you wish to use:
Trickster, for free movement skills (Walk the Aether).

--------------------
My thoughts so far:
- Can reserve 100% of mana; is it worth getting reservation nodes?
- Which ways to generate Frenzy charges would work best? New Conduit? Swift Killer? Gorilla spectres? Blood rage/dance? etc etc...
Run Poacher's Mark on Blasphemy? (And/or Assassin's mark, or Flammability?)
- Work cast on crit in there somewhere maybe for more charge generation? Maybe with vengeance?
- How to scale the damage best? Stack phys on gear, or go more for fire?
- Worth focusing on ignite? Or just on main attack damage? Ele prolif? Melee splash or multistrike? etc...
- Some crazy low-life build with blood magic and crown of eyes?
- Three Dragons for shock instead of ignite?
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
Last edited by dudiobugtron on Mar 3, 2016, 8:12:09 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info