Path of Exile 2.2.0: Ascendancy Patch Notes

"
Slick3152 wrote:

It literally takes 20 minutes to download, stop crying or move from Ethiopia.

not really, downloading now at ~50 KBps, won't be in time for the launch. i have a 30 mbps connection :/
"
Slick3152 wrote:
"
HazaRdReborN wrote:
Guys, great expansion and all. But why on Earth did ANOTHER 1.2gb update land some hours before the launch of the game?

You serious? What have we been downloading all these days? I downloaded another 1.something GB yesterday. Not to talk about the obvious that I am wondering where all this size is going and how I hate games slowly increasing in size and taking up every resource I have (as if I don't have a bunch of other games already doing the same and a bunch of programs and work files as well.....) but anyway that aside that we have "learned" to live with and get over it, the part that annoys me is that I need to wait AGAIN to play the damn new expansion.

Yes yes, spoiled little brat as some would say.

Well here is my problem for those that might misunderstand me.

1) The internet speed in this location (city block) is ridiculous. This is not GGG's fault obviously. So not why I am mad.

2) I work from home, so I tie in my free time around my schedule, and also tie my schedule around my free time. Meaning, if I am waiting for an expansion on said hour, I will make sure I work around it because time is money and I don't waste it. Again, not GGG's fault.

3) Due low dl speeds, the patch will not be ready in time for my "window" to simply relax with some PoE. Making that time I set aside go to a waste, since after 10hrs of work I am not in any position to work more, I will be just doodling instead of working at this point of being tired. By the time the patch is ready, I will be too tired period and probably have gone off to rest for the night. Making it a complete waste. Again, not really GGG's fault.

4) What is GGG's fault.... Is the fact that they have a bloody date set for when the damn expansion will land for a damn whole MONTH and all these days leading up to it with extra free time to toss in those patches needed to be downloaded so people can be set for when the Expansion opens! That IS GGG's fault! You had all the time in the world for these patches for crying out loud. An entire MONTH!

Instead, last hours we have a new patch set out, and I can only hope there wont be any stress on the servers to make my dl even slower! At which point I am not in any mood to gamble and will not experience the Expansion today period.

This seems like a first world problem, sure, because it is! Don't hype a bloody Expansion for an ENTIRE MONTH then toss out ANOTHER 1.2gb dl some hours before it launches. What on Earth are you thinking? Didn't you have ALL the time in the world leading up to the expansion to do this? o.O

And here I was thinking that damn, GGG is REALLY doing this right. They are slowly deploying the patch well before the expansion opens and are making sure there wont be dl waits and server clogs when it goes live. Very smart.

Well... little did I know.

Love your work and the game. Which is why I am frustrated obviously. I wouldn't have made it a Friday night event (the expansion) if I didn't like/love the game! Try to steer clear of such actions in the future guys. It is really inconsiderate in my opinion when there has been such a HUGE waiting period before hand.

And lastly, for all the little ones that might pop around to say "get a life" and "don't take gaming so seriously".

1) I have a life, hence why I wont be playing this game on the weekend because I have a gazillion other things to do.

2) Gaming is not a serious matter, it helps me relax and sometimes even reflect on my own thoughts of the day as I play with regards to work and whatever else. Hence, its like a meditative time of fun for me. Nothing serious at all. But as I mentioned in 1), I have a life, and since I don't get to spend all the time in the world playing games like you little ones do I make sure to organise my time accordingly. You scr3w with that timeline, and then evidently I get annoyed.

If it was unavoidable, I would be completely ok and I am used to it.

But GGG, you too now? For the last time. You had a MONTH!

Pfff... Well, here is to checking your expansion out NEXT week!

10 minutes here.
"
veshmashin wrote:
"
Slick3152 wrote:

not really, downloading now at ~50 KBps, won't be in time for the launch. i have a 30 mbps connection :/

Then something is wrong. I had +-8 mbps downloading.
Last edited by Kastmar on Mar 4, 2016, 2:57:42 PM
"
Kastmar wrote:
"
veshmashin wrote:
"
Slick3152 wrote:

I hate double post and not able to erase it.
Last edited by Kastmar on Mar 4, 2016, 2:58:14 PM
If you are confused about where to start, a lot of people including myself are being confused by the fact that the first place listed is "Axiom Prison". No such place exists. They mean "Prison". I think Prison might be called "Axiom Prison" in the lore, but is says "Prison" on the waypoint map so "Axiom Prison" may as well not exist... only like 1% of people read the lore.
Kudos, guys.
Does anyone have a URL for where Labyrinth times are posted? The patch notes says they'll be posted on the website, but I can't seem to find them anywhere.
Game frozen => alt f4 because HC in front of fairgrave i don't like that then steam set uo 5 minutes alocating (while on a SSD...) update, instant 1 mega update download then 5 to 50 minutes announced patching. What is that ?

And while waiting : could find the "The Guardian of the Mound" that used to be in Prisoner's gate, 5 full clear, 5 times the big wolf (burning menace ?) but not the read big human-ship guy, did he change place ?
Last edited by CaMarchePas on Mar 4, 2016, 5:38:10 PM
Well i dl-ed the patch like every other person here and finished the 6 mazes to finaly get to the Ascendancy Labyrinth and a bug threw me out of the game at the last spot (mark) and started dl-ing another stupid ****. Now i have to do the same thing all over again which took me one and a half hour.
/clap I might just stop playing this game...
WOW, are you freakin kidding me. Spent HELLA long going through the trials and like the last poster, I got thrown off the game and I almost to the end. Now I have to start ALLLL FREAKIN OVER. NO F'kin way.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info