[2.5] Greedy Roomba - MF Blade Vortex Assassin (63/329) - Atziri Viable - Solo T10+ (37/40) [Videos]

"
Mr_G wrote:
"
phloby wrote:
my whirling blades attack time is 1.6 sec i dont know how to reduce it.
i have linked (whirling blades + fortify + faster attacks)
im using a divinarius dagger and a shield that gives me like 85% spell damage because i cant afford another divinarius :D
Yeah since the nerf to Whirling Blades attack speed I have stopped using a Divinarius because it doesn't give have "x% increased attack speed" that rare daggers can get - which is basically a more multiplier for all the attack speed you get from Blood Rage, Vaal Haste and any you have on jewels or the passive tree.

For example I crafted this dagger for my full MF gear because it has 25% attack speed and is a magic item for the item quantity bonus from The Ascetic amulet:

You can find good daggers for fairly cheap, I use this search in poe.trade: http://poe.trade/search/koruhutahihana

Just look for a dagger that can either master craft on crit multiplier or already has it. You'll lose 10% AoE and maybe not have as much tooltip DPS as Divinarius without charges but the increased whirling speed will make up for that. Just for an example this is my endgame dagger that I bought for 1.3 Ex:

How about something like this ?

IGN: PojzonAbyss
[3.2] Immortal Indigon Poet's Pen Hirophant - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2129766
[3.1] Yamata No Orochi - Oni-Goroshi Jugg http://poeurl.com/bHB9
[2.4] The True Queen Of The Forest - Poison LA/BR Pathfinder http://poeurl.com/M6u [Retired]
"
eragon1111 wrote:
How about something like this ?

That has good damage, the only thing it lacks is attack speed for whirling blades, it's craft-able though so if you felt like BV damage was enough you could change spell damage for up to 15% attack speed from Vagan.
IGN: MrG.
Build Videos & Item Testing: www.youtube.com/user/MrGxyz/videos
Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/mr_g__
Build still viable for new league?
"
bnijman81 wrote:
Will have to wait for the patch notes, but it seems like it should be the same passive tree and I don't think they would nerf Blade Vortex yet. There were a few bugs with BV recently but I expect they will all be fixed for the next league.

I want to craft pretty seriously in Essence league, not sure what build I want to play yet, but I think clear speed will be most important to acquiring lots of essences to upgrade.
"
Mr_G wrote:
"
bnijman81 wrote:
Will have to wait for the patch notes, but it seems like it should be the same passive tree and I don't think they would nerf Blade Vortex yet. There were a few bugs with BV recently but I expect they will all be fixed for the next league.

I want to craft pretty seriously in Essence league, not sure what build I want to play yet, but I think clear speed will be most important to acquiring lots of essences to upgrade.

They will nerf it D:
Did you read the patch notes? What you think about it? Still viable? Was planning to start Essence league with this build, since it seems to have a very nice clear speed and MFind. With less blades, bosses will be harder to kill, but maybe the clear speed still the same thanks to the damage buff?
"
JosneiGamer wrote:
"
Mr_G wrote:
"
bnijman81 wrote:

They will nerf it D:
Did you read the patch notes? What you think about it? Still viable? Was planning to start Essence league with this build, since it seems to have a very nice clear speed and MFind. With less blades, bosses will be harder to kill, but maybe the clear speed still the same thanks to the damage buff?

The new version of BV is a direct nerf for Pathfinder and poison and a hug quality of life for non Path finder. U lost 30 stack mean 60% dmg at lvl 20 and u gain 63% more dmg at lvl 20 mean u get 3% more dmg out of it. It's now only have 20 stack mean u can stack it's way more easier . If u go poison u can change Echo for Faster Casting since Echo have reduce multiple and also make up for the lost of poison stack.
Last edited by BlueJasminez on Aug 31, 2016, 2:55:55 AM
"
BlueJasminez wrote:

The new version of BV is a direct nerf for Pathfinder and poison and a hug quality of life for non Path finder. U lost 30 stack mean 60% dmg at lvl 20 and u gain 63% more dmg at lvl 20 mean u get 3% more dmg out of it. It's now only have 20 stack mean u can stack it's way more easier . If u go poison u can change Echo for Faster Casting since Echo have reduce multiple and also make up for the lost of poison stack.

It doesn't quite work like that. Your math is slightly wonky.

You lost 30 stacks. ok. Fine. Now you have 20 stacks, which does 63% more damage than 20 stacks in the current game. That 63% damage is equivalent to about 12 stacks. So in all you'll be about 32 stacks of current BV in 20 stacks of 2.4 BV.

Its about a 40% total damage nerf, not counting poison.
For try, for see, and for know.

This is a buff
"
Etherfire wrote:
"
BlueJasminez wrote:

You lost 30 stacks. ok. Fine. Now you have 20 stacks, which does 63% more damage than 20 stacks in the current game. That 63% damage is equivalent to about 12 stacks. So in all you'll be about 32 stacks of current BV in 20 stacks of 2.4 BV.

Yah my math is a bit off, we lose total 35% dmg with max stack. But we don't have to wait for so long to reach max stack and lvling would be more easy since each stack deal more dmg. And TBH BV already demolist bosses so 35% dmg loss didn't seem too bad for me.
"
BlueJasminez wrote:
"
Etherfire wrote:
"
BlueJasminez wrote:

Yah my math is a bit off, we lose total 35% dmg with max stack. But we don't have to wait for so long to reach max stack and lvling would be more easy since each stack deal more dmg. And TBH BV already demolist bosses so 35% dmg loss didn't seem too bad for me.

Definitely. Blade vortex was functionally buffed, and its much easier to sustain mana cost now. You might not need Weave the Arcane, and be able to go Assassin/Pathfinder for huge deeps.
For try, for see, and for know.

This is a buff
Last edited by Etherfire on Aug 31, 2016, 7:07:47 AM
"
Bex_GGG wrote:
Blade Vortex now has a stack limit of 20 (down from 50). It now deals 63% more damage at level 20. The number of hits per second causes substantial
performance problems. The skill was also deemed too strong against bosses.
This is a nerf only to the burst damage potential against bosses - during pack clearing the build usually runs around with 8-12 blades, even when I did Uber Atziri with Cospri's it was only 12-16. As far as I can tell this is 63% more damage increasing clear speed and making it easy to reach max stacks without the need for Vaal Clarity / Haste before bosses.

The downside is damage and poison stacking against bosses. I did a few calculations to see how much of an effect this has on DPS and poison degen using the nerfed poison numbers of 8% over 2 seconds instead of 10%.

Flat DPS reduction at full stacks = 34.8%
Poison DPS reduction (after 2 seconds of hits) = 47.8%
Combined DPS reduction at full stacks with 2 seconds worth of poison = 37%

It doesn't take into account anything special like the ascendancy that gives 100% more poison damage on crit, but it does show that against bosses you will likely kill them about 35-40% slower, which in my opinion isn't terrible considering how fast it is at the moment.

Looking back at some old videos even in MF gear the kill speed on Twinned Courtyard was only around 12 seconds and Twinned Abyss was 7.2 seconds. You add in the 37% reduction in damage and those numbers go to 19 seconds and 11.5 seconds respectively, which really isn't all that terrible - obviously leaving the boss alive longer gives it more chance to deal damage but I don't think leeching with Vaal Pact is hit hard, you still hit 20 times a second with 63% more damage, overall it's a slower leech rate but should cap you at full life quickly.

When I first saw this change I was annoyed and saw it as a straight nerf, but looking at how it will actually be 63% more DPS when clearing trash and the moderate (although warranted) nerf to single target damage its an acceptable change.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info