2.1.2d Patch Note

"
Transparency7 wrote:
Okay I got mine to work finally..

go here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=5842

click download, scroll down then choose

windows6.1-KB976932-X64.exe --> if 64bit windows

windows6.1-KB976932-X86.exe --> if 32bit windows

Great work, Transparency7. Can you offer some insight into why this worked? I am following your instructions now.
Using Win 7, no steam.

Downloading patch failed, error window required update to service pack 1.

After update, client complained MSVCP140.dll was missing.

Download and run X64 version did not correct, 'regsrv32 msvcp140.dll' reported error that entry point was not found.

Download and run 32bit version, client has downloaded update and is at "launch" screen now.

Did not delete previous versions of dll as they may be required from other applications that were built on an older version compiler, and trust that 32 and 64 bit versions are resident in their proper directory. Though my Win7 Pro is the 64bit version, it seems to prefer the 32bit DLL for this game client.

Hope this helps others that have the same issue on Win 7.
i cant even play anymore ty , cant load the game anymore, even reinstalled
Last edited by hughd on Mar 1, 2016, 12:26:09 AM
"
Transparency7 wrote:

Actually you need both of them even for x86_64. It depends on if the application runs in WOW64 node or not. PoE is built for x86 (32bit) architecture, so you need
windows6.1-KB976932-X86.exe to run it. If they make executables for x86_64 architecture you'll need
windows6.1-KB976932-X64.exe. So it's better to have both if you have 64bit windows.
Sort of afraid to pull the trigger on this fix. A whole service pack seems like it could screw me up...
"
Transparency7 wrote:

Holy shit, 900mb of download.

Almost as big as the game itself.

I guess I'm just going to sleep and hope for it to have a good outcome tomorrow.
♣ IGN: DoctaMagicFinder
♣ My YouTube channel: youtube.com/doctagaming
♠ Proud brazilian player.
Wrong information, nevermind.
Last edited by DemonikPath on Mar 1, 2016, 12:41:16 AM
"
DemonikPath wrote:
Crashes on Settings->Streaming. On Alpha (from streams) this tabs seem to be missing. Maybe related?

The same here. I had no problems with the installation but when access the menu and I click on the cam option the game breaks and falls on the desktop with an error message.

However, I can play normally long as I do not touch that menu option.
Windows 7/64 SP1
I have a lot of VC Redist from various years in my programs. Do I need to uninstall them all before installing these VC Redist files?
"
I have a lot of VC Redist from various years in my programs. Do I need to uninstall them all before installing these VC Redist files?

No.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info