2.1.2d Patch Note

So... installation is interrupted and now won't even start again.

Well good thing they did it to test for issues, because a lot of us are darn sure having them. Of course, I'd have liked more of a heads up that I might be unable to play the game. I'd have tried to get my affairs in order, it's been hours and so far I still haven't managed to find a resolution nor has GGG really done much in that regard.
Last edited by KrAzY3 on Mar 1, 2016, 5:53:46 AM
I can't run my client.
I keep on trying to start it and nothing happens.
Anybody knows what's the issue?
Can't install nothing that transparency linked. Not even 64bit.

Getting error when manually installing vc_redist.

Great stuff.

W 8.1

This service pack does not apply to the version of windows running on this computer.
Last edited by RollcaGe23 on Mar 1, 2016, 6:19:38 AM
"
Rafero wrote:
"
DemonikPath wrote:
"
Rafero wrote:
At last SOLVED the problem for "api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll"
This work for me in Win 8.1

First desintall all Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable.

Then

Open regedit (click start, run, type regedit, press enter or click OK), in the left pane tree navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa

Click on that key in the left pane to show its contents in the right pane.
See if there is a value called limitblankpassworduse

If it exists, make sure its data is 0 (if not right cdick on it, click modify and set it to 0)
If it does not exist, right click in the right pane, click new, DWord value, name it limitblankpassworduse
and set its data to 0.
Close regedit.

Then open POE.
And go to play.

Sry for my bad english u.u

Si tienen alguna duda me dicen.

Wait why would you need that? It's only needed to do some administrative things (e.g. schedule task, manage services, remotely connect to PC) with account that doesn't have password.
It will leave huge security hole in your PC.

Then start POE this value back again to 1.

Tx Alot
@BadFuz
Pls ggg i cant/dont want to install sp1 just for this...
"
Farvel wrote:
Pls ggg i cant/dont want to install sp1 just for this...

I had same problem, but SP1 for win7 is harmless. Just 1GB to download, and ~5mins to install. Nothing is changed after SP1, except PoE finally works ;)
I managed to solve my problem and install vc_redist2015.
Like many here experienced, windows have to have an especific update(this one herehttps://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=49082) for it to be installed properly.
I tried to update through Windows Update, manually and many other ways, but it just wasn't working. So after hours searching for solutions, i found that i just had to enable some services:
Windows Update, Background Intelligent Transfer Service and Windows Modules Installer, the latter being the one that was screwing things for being disabled. To do this all you have to do is type Windows Key + R, type services.msc on the box, look for the tools that i listed above and enable them, that was my fix anyway. I'm running windows 8, btw.
Hope this helps you guys.
Nothing you people said in this thread helped me, and i am surely not changing my windows just to continue playing path of exile.
"
mesoclise wrote:
I managed to solve my problem and install vc_redist2015.
Like many here experienced, windows have to have an especific update(this one herehttps://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=49082) for it to be installed properly.
I tried to update through Windows Update, manually and many other ways, but it just wasn't working. So after hours searching for solutions, i found that i just had to enable some services:
Windows Update, Background Intelligent Transfer Service and Windows Modules Installer, the latter being the one that was screwing things for being disabled. To do this all you have to do is type Windows Key + R, type services.msc on the box, look for the tools that i listed above and enable them, that was my fix anyway. I'm running windows 8, btw.
Hope this helps you guys.

You get it man! I had tried million of ways but still can't fix it. I missed the Windows Modules Installer. Now I finally pass the initial phase. Of course, I need to make space on my C: drive first. Two LOL (US and TW) costs a lot of space.

PS. I'm Windows 7.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Last edited by WillisTheWillis on Mar 1, 2016, 7:30:25 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info