Inquisitor Templar Ascendancy will RUIN PvP, do something plz.

I think they need to add a Penetrates Immunities Support Gem, to combat CI builds and/or [future] Items that have Immunities to certain damage types.

The Inquisitor's stat is kinda like a slightly better Penetration Gem, but that's still HUGE..
IGN: Golem_Antsy, Harvest
And back to the graveyard we are...

Ho well at least I tried.

FYI this thread was posted in general discussion for the Devs to notice it but was move back here so it can rot for eternity.
Last edited by IceDeal on Feb 23, 2016, 4:24:59 PM
"
IceDeal wrote:

FYI this thread was posted in general discussion for the Devs to notice it but was move back here so it can rot for eternity.

If you want the post to be seen by developers, it's best to post it in the appropriate forum, particularly if it's feedback relating to a specific area. The developers read every post in the feedback forums.
Please contact support@grindinggear.com if you need any assistance.
it doesnt seem like a big effort for 60 people team like GGG. make that ascendancy passive only enable to 'monsters' not to characters.
"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
"
Gary_GGG wrote:
"
IceDeal wrote:

If you want the post to be seen by developers, it's best to post it in the appropriate forum, particularly if it's feedback relating to a specific area. The developers read every post in the feedback forums.

could you carry this thread there, since we cant?
"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
+1 for balancing this class for pvp, god knows how much damage my old firestormer would do with such passive...

Totally game breaking, i really dont need to say more than that.

Fix this and there are other things to fix as well !
IGN:Hauntworld - ICU Omniscient PvP guild
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PvP Low life crit caster / Gear -->/1829851
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HLD PvP tournaments -->/1576295
;(
ggg put us back in the trash bin
🎆🎆 www.youtube.com/c/Ahfack
🎆🎆 NEW #1 LLRF Helm -> 30% MORE|25CON|25BURN|-12fire|352es
🎆🎆 #1 Phys/Impale Leg 70% Multi Amulet + #1 Phys Rings!
🎆🎆 ^^Free 7L Fortify Cyclone!
🎆🎆 https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/534134
"
Gary_GGG wrote:

Fair enought, then i'm just wondering why this pvp specific thread : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1586022/page/1#p12817748 was allowed the precious right to stay in general discussion and was even answered by Dan when mine was straight moved back in the trash bin of the forum.

Answer is simple, Devs read GD, they don't read anything in pvp related forums. At least be honest about it. The situation is infuriating especially on a subject that important.

According to this website : http://www.gggtracker.com/ The number of real posts made by anyone from the devs team in the last 5 months in the pvp sections was 2. Meanwhile on ALL the other forums...
Last edited by IceDeal on Feb 23, 2016, 5:01:21 PM
Hey there,

I'm not generally involved in PvP stuff aside from event scheduling, but I asked some people who are about this. They're a secretive and reclusive bunch, but I was able to get some info.

For Low Level events this shouldn't be an issue because it's restricted to players who haven't finished Normal difficulty, and it's not possible to get Inevitable Judgement without completing the Cruel labyrinth. We're actually intending to prevent players from competing in LLD events if they have an Ascendancy class at all.

For High Level PvP this will have an impact, and we've discussed it internally as something to keep a close eye on for the reasons you've suggested. It's worth noting that Ascendancy does offer more ways to mitigate damage that aren't reliant on resistances. This node also doesn't stack with things like curses and penetration which are already available.
Gameplay & Level Design
Need help? Contact support@grindinggear.com
Hi Dan,

First thank you so much for the time you took to read my PM, ask around about it's content and come back posting your findings on our deserted board :D

Obviously we don't have all the answers about Ascendancy and I'm sur you guys still have a few surprises for us before and after the launch.

We are just REALLY concerned about this as it seems there is no way to protect yourself against it (as we know how at least). Curses can be dispelled and penetration can be played around somehow (Conversion Talismans from the current league are a good answer to it, too bad Talisman won't make it into the core game) but this will just set your resistances to 0 whatever you do. Removing the penetration gem will also allow a Templar to add another strong support (like the new Elemental one) making his damages even more stronger.

Anyway I'm sur the fact that you guys will be monitoring this will ease our minds a little bit for now but please, if it's get out of control, don't wait 1 month to fix it or we'll loose the few people still interested in PvP.

PS : Sick Avatar, can I bribe you to get the names of some members of the secret pvp team ? I used to live in Auckland for a bit a while ago, I can make stuff delivered to the office :D
Last edited by IceDeal on Feb 23, 2016, 8:52:29 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info