Inquisitor Templar Ascendancy will RUIN PvP, do something plz.

"
Dan_GGG wrote:
Hey there,

I'm not generally involved in PvP stuff aside from event scheduling, but I asked some people who are about this. They're a secretive and reclusive bunch, but I was able to get some info.

For Low Level events this shouldn't be an issue because it's restricted to players who haven't finished Normal difficulty, and it's not possible to get Inevitable Judgement without completing the Cruel labyrinth. We're actually intending to prevent players from competing in LLD events if they have an Ascendancy class at all.

For High Level PvP this will have an impact, and we've discussed it internally as something to keep a close eye on for the reasons you've suggested. It's worth noting that Ascendancy does offer more ways to mitigate damage that aren't reliant on resistances. This node also doesn't stack with things like curses and penetration which are already available.

The sheer fact it wont stack with penetration nor curses makes this look quite a bit more balanced already. So you simply have 0 resists no less, still very strong but further from ridiculous.

Appreciate the post Dan
GGG, the ADA of gaming....huuuur i gotz mai skilz.
IGN: MullaXul
"
MullaXul wrote:

The sheer fact it wont stack with penetration nor curses makes this look quite a bit more balanced already. So you simply have 0 resists no less, still very strong but further from ridiculous.
Appreciate the post Dan

I think it was always stated that this was the equivalent of wearing Veil of Night on crit. Otherwise combined with penetration, curses and EE, damages would be out of this world.
Last edited by IceDeal on Feb 23, 2016, 8:43:57 PM
"
IceDeal wrote:
"
MullaXul wrote:

Appreciate the post Dan

I think it was always stated that this was the equivalent of wearing Veil of Night on crit. Otherwise combined with penetration, curses and EE, damages would be out of this world.

Veil of the Night actually does stack with penetration, because it doesn't remove your resistances, it just sets them to 0. Mark posted about this in more detail here.
Gameplay & Level Design
Need help? Contact support@grindinggear.com
Thank for the answer Dan.

IMO they will look pvp balance 3-6 month after we get data from pve. Don t worry about HLD and play pve/lld instead.

Of course new version of the game will come once they decide look the effect of ascendancy in HLD so anyway new problems will comes and this game will always stay broken in HLD...

Guys stop dreaming ...too much updates and too slow balance reaction from updates because lots of datas to look and too little people playing pvp.

play pve instead IMO.
Poe Pvp experience
https://youtu.be/Z6eg3aB_V1g?t=302
Last edited by Head_Less on Feb 23, 2016, 9:09:37 PM
"
Dan_GGG wrote:

Veil of the Night actually does stack with penetration, because it doesn't remove your resistances, it just sets them to 0. Mark posted about this in more detail here.

I missed this post, this is actually quite interesting. So the Nod make that the concept of resistances doesn't apply to the ennemy at all.

The only thing I can deduct from this is that you'll always take the correct damage value as it's fullest but it can't be amplify further by negative resistances.
I guess using Incandescent Heart would help a bit with CI or really High Chaos resistance but otherwise there is really few options to mitigate the incoming damages.

Only things I can think of are Arctic Armor and that new shield who work after the hit is registered and that's just for fire damages (also enfeeble but that apply before the hit). Fortify is also a possibility but you need to take the champion subclass or manage to hit the ennemy.

It wouldn't be so bad if the pvp formula wouldn't greatly favorise Elemental Damages because of the concept of resistances itself. It's like "ok guys, we made Elemental damage stronger because you can protect against those better but now... we'll introduce something who negate this concept entirely but the damages are still as strong as before."

Wich make me think that a cool nerf could be, ignore Elemental Resistance but apply Physical/Chaos pvp damage formula instead (probably still too strong and way to difficult to make anyway).

"
Head_Less wrote:

Guys stop dreaming ...too much updates and too slow balance reaction from updates because lots of datas to look and too little people playing pvp
play pve instead IMO.

Some players actually enjoy HLD PvP, so far it's still in the game so it's our right to try to improve it and not giving up. Plus most of us are PvE veterans who cleared the game hundred of times and are just looking for new challenges.
Last edited by IceDeal on Feb 23, 2016, 9:23:32 PM
Can everyone just wait till you've played it. @.@ Stop all the threads.
lol sidro

Thanks for the response Dan! We appreciate it very much :)
🎆🎆 www.youtube.com/c/Ahfack
🎆🎆 NEW #1 LLRF Helm -> 30% MORE|25CON|25BURN|-12fire|352es
🎆🎆 #1 Phys/Impale Leg 70% Multi Amulet + #1 Phys Rings!
🎆🎆 ^^Free 7L Fortify Cyclone!
🎆🎆 https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/534134
"
Lordsidro wrote:
Can everyone just wait till you've played it. @.@ Stop all the threads.

yeah let's wait for the ebola plague to reach us without doing anything to prevent it, how bad can it be...

Kudo to Dan the man, answered my PM pretty fast an promised me that they'll do something quick if this get out of control.

Obviously other stuff need to be tweaked around other sub classes (Assassin and Dead Eye are next in term of power level) but seeing the big picture and the actual toolset, Inquisitor is the most dangerous thing at the moment.
Last edited by IceDeal on Feb 24, 2016, 9:00:45 AM
Thanks for the reply dan, atleast this is a step forward in the right direction.

In my opninion unless they add badass ways to mitigate damage in ascendancy which we will discover pretty soon it will require some adjustment, we shall see.

Props to icedeal too.
IGN:Hauntworld - ICU Omniscient PvP guild
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PvP Low life crit caster / Gear -->/1829851
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HLD PvP tournaments -->/1576295
If you gonna nerf Inquistor, you should add something like: Ignore enemy "Damage taken as..." modifier. The appearance of Talisman amulet have a big impact to all elemental builds. Or you may adjust the way penetration gem works so it can still function again those amulets.

And can you do something about totem/minion builds so they can compete in PvP? Something like "Totem/minion cannot be damaged for 2 second after being summoned" would be nice :D
Last edited by H0X9 on Feb 25, 2016, 2:30:21 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info