Changes to Past Leagues at Zana

"
Claiohm1708 wrote:
I like that Zana modding and prices are being looked at. Hopefully this means they get run more.

I am very sad that Talisman isn't getting added to the core. I would gladly have given up the ghosts and or other mechanics to keep talisman. I thought it added a lot lore wise even i

Although, I won't miss bonespire, **** bonespire. As a non-armor based, CI build it was terrible. I'd be killing things and then be dead, and see a bonespire talisman lying on the ground waiting to get picked up. (a tad exaggerated, as I would see bonespire effect on me before anything, but no removal via pot like with corrupting blood available, and as I was a CI build, can't counteract with a health pot. I could only watch my health dwindle away since I had already killed all the mobs and couldn't find more fast enough to leech more health. RIP me)

Might I suggest using
next time.
Support a free Hong Kong.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with
sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei
so
will become a legacy iten? profity!
Last edited by Blake_Oblivion on Feb 23, 2016, 5:31:42 PM
"
Archwizard wrote:
If anything, buying the mods from Zana is actually cheaper than rolling maps to get it. So for people that want to play the leagues when they want, your idea is actually way worse for them.

It didn't need to be worse. I never said I want it to be remove from Zana mods. Actually, I want it to remain there. People can get specific uniques for a league there and it would still conserve all the needs it fill right now.

For "alch and go" types, who really just try avoid a certain mod or two on maps, your idea would be much better since the old leagues would become "oh hey neat that came up".[/quote]

This is what I meant and this is how most people roll maps. Even if I didn't specify it, and as we go deeper into this conversation, I don't think every legacy league mods should be added. I think there should be a filtering to decide which one they include or not.

Invasion and Warbands for example should definitly be there, there're challenging and they would add different favlor to the current map mods.
Last edited by Exo666 on Feb 23, 2016, 6:12:48 PM
GGG why not put like 8 of the old leagues permanently to zana (one for each level) and make the rest (probably the oldest ones? or hell the most useless ones) permanent in the standard league. It seems to me this is much more preferable than waiting 3 or more months for the league you want to finally appear. It will also help with making standard better and more fun imo.
Slightly disappointing having these options taken away from us. Most of the desired league-legacy items can be acquired by cards, so what is the real benefit from removing half the zana league mods? The price changing I can understand but reguardless if there are 7 or 15 zana mods available people will just spam whatever one on the list provides the best increase to map drop chance for a reasonably sustainable cost.

Everything about this just seems to be horribly thought out. Nemesis is still 1 ex, now gated behind a lv8 zana, completely useless unless chancing a HH but theres cards for that. Wow, so much incentive now to get zana's bench to 8 so I can try to chance a HH.

Just wow.
Buy the ticket, take the ride.
Last edited by p0t on Feb 24, 2016, 2:11:10 AM
why not add zana 8lvl talisman mod 2-3 ex
People hoping to enrich their map pool with the help of carto boxes? Screw you, need lvl7 Zana now (subject to change later, maybe after 3 months they'll remove it completely).
People hoping to drop or chance a specific league-only item? Screw you, league not available.
People hoping to buy a specific league-only item? Screw you, insane price markup because league not available. And BTW league only items will NEVER be cheaper than they are now because league availability will be based on the dev's whims and people are going to speculate that. I'm willing to bet cold hard cash on it. But screw you players, we need to make this more "interesting". For us.

Just... wow.

You know what? How about you start deleting a random number of characters every day? That would definitely be "interesting". In a basement-troll-4chan-ish sort of way.
http://www.engadget.com/2014/03/03/grinding-gears-wilson-talks-f2p-ethics-in-path-of-exile/

"WE'VE BEEN CAREFUL WHEN DESIGNING THE GAME SO THERE'S NO PAYING FOR GAME CONTENT OR ADVANTAGE IN THE GAME", he explained. "WE'VE PURPOSEFULLY DIVORCED ANY GAME MECHANICS FROM THE MONETIZATION."
RIP league-specific uniques from:
- Talisman (9 lost in total: 5 talismans, 4 rigwald's)
- Tempest (4 lost)
- Bloodlines (3 lost)
- Rampage (3 lost)
- Invasion (0 were lost (can all be obtained via Ambush))
- Domination (1 lost)

In total, 20 uniques are now going to be virtually removed from the game.

Without Zana, temp-league players now must solely rely on div cards to get uniques from those leagues or just not get them at all.

What reason is there to not allow these to be obtainable? I'm not counting Time-Lost Relic div card, since grinding T13 maps for a chance at a low level build-enabler is beyond reason.

Does disallowing access to Ngamahu's Sign suddenly make the game possible to balance? Or is this just a heavy-handed attempt at making the game more like your beloved Magic: the Gathering while simultaneously throwing good content out with the bad?

---

Every new patch, unique items are what excite me the most. I have always disliked the decision to auto-legacy league uniques, but I could live with it as long as Zana was always available (at a painful cost, even).

This is the first patch where there's going to be a decrease in the number of old uniques. Legacy values is completely different than legacy findability.

Please look into some way of making these obtainable without conflating Zana's map mod affixes. One hasty solution would be to introduce a div card for a "X-league-specific unique" for each league, though I'm sure you can think of others.
Last edited by pneuma on Feb 24, 2016, 5:59:51 PM
I totally agree pneuma. This decision makes no sense to me personally.
same name in-game
"
pneuma wrote:
RIP league-specific uniques from:
- Talisman (9 lost in total: 5 talismans, 4 rigwald's)
- Tempest (4 lost)
- Bloodlines (3 lost)
- Rampage (3 lost)
- Invasion (0 were lost (can all be obtained via Ambush))
- Domination (1 lost)

In total, 20 uniques are now going to be virtually removed from the game.

Without Zana, temp-league players now must solely rely on div cards to get uniques from those leagues or just not get them at all.

What reason is there to not allow these to be obtainable? I'm not counting Time-Lost Relic div card, since grinding T13 maps for a chance at a low level build-enabler is beyond reason.

Does disallowing access to Ngamahu's Sign suddenly make the game possible to balance? Or is this just a heavy-handed attempt at making the game more like your beloved Magic: the Gathering while simultaneously throwing good content out with the bad?

---

Every new patch, unique items are what excite me the most. I have always disliked the decision to auto-legacy league uniques, but I could live with it as long as Zana was always available (at a painful cost, even).

This is the first patch where there's going to be a decrease in the number of old uniques. Legacy values is completely different than legacy findability.

Please look into some way of making these obtainable without conflating Zana's map mod affixes. One hasty solution would be to introduce a div card for a "X-league-specific unique" for each league, though I'm sure you can think of others.

+1
Well said.

Talisman no longer in game <- Bad news! What we should do now?

About Zana: Why nerf special benefits they gave? Why?
Double nerf to Ambush? Where 4, now 3 strongbox? Really? And that crazy insane price? For what?

No more Domination mod? The best one ever was removed? Can we have an answer why?

The best Zana changes should be/ must be buffing all stats and adding more benefits, so Zana mods worth to use, not nerfing stats and benefits as you did to Ambush.

Talisman should be in game (to the core game, not as Zana mod or something), but better update and higher chance gettin RARE talisman and unique talisman, always +2/+3 ilvl from slaying monsters talisman and other stuff to make them real to everyone, not rich ONLY.
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info