gameinformer reveals the new Witch Ascendancy Class: The Occultist

I'd pick the +1 cusre cluster if it wouldnt make enemies explode in blood =/ I find that pretty ugly with spells. Pretty sure most people will find me ridiculous for thinking this, but i wish you guys wouldnt impose on kill visual effects like that, for the minority of us that likes how their gameplay looks like.

Oh well, more energy shield is still good i guess.
Last edited by Pyromancer4 on Feb 11, 2016, 5:32:01 PM
Beautiful. This is something that can apply to a lot of different builds defensively and offensively.

You guys should have chosen a different name rather than copy the name of a Grim Dawn mastery but definitely a winner.
"
kostratas wrote:
"
CrazyHorse_sk wrote:
"
KorgothBG wrote:
Sadly it says that "there’s an error with your location" and thus i cannot see it at the moment :(

same here ....
GGG seriously?

Me too... Sad GGG sad...

+1 here. I hope GGG will not use this crappy site ever again.
"
Pyromancer4 wrote:
I'd pick the +1 cusre cluster if it wouldnt make enemies explode in blood =/ I find that pretty ugly with spells. Pretty sure most people will find me ridiculous for thinking this, but i wish you guys wouldnt impose on kill visual effects like that, for the minority of us that likes how their gameplay looks like.

Oh well, more energy shield is still good i guess.

I don´t dislike all the gor effects, but yeah because of performance I think there should be an option to deactivate the gore effects. Some unique items would then loose their special looks, but I think you can get a sligthly better performance out of it. And some people don´t like gore effects... thats ok...

But this class is awsome...
You have curses, you have explode on kill, you have power charges... and some minor defence stuff... but the curses
It looks good. I don't use minions, charges, ES, or curses so I guess its elementalist for me by default unless I start over with a Templar for some of that sweet sweet Inquisitor/Guardian OP goodness.

At this point I'd probably rebuild around ES, Curses, and charges than keep playing my current build. Or I could just ignore Ascendancy because I play a weird build that doesn't fit in anywhere.

I don't pvp and I've long ago given up killing Atziri with any build I'd actually have fun playing due to how I suck at dodging her spell spam.

Mainly I'm just hoping the labyrinth is fun, because I don't have any real goals to finish in game apart from grinding xp/waiting for new skills to play with.
it might look more like an abyssal cry explosion?
Very solid tree indeed. I'm already getting quite a few ideas for this, including some for my Rainbownuke Mjolner build. It might actually be interesting to try and play without needing Unwavering Stance given that we can get something that will provide us at least some temporary stun immunity, and that ES regen rate could be quite insane if it stacks and refreshes with enemies killed.
Is Void Beacon currently the only source of life regeneration reduction or have I forgotten something?

I recall Vulnerability used to reduce energy shield recharge but I don't recall anything for enemy life regeneration...
"Let those with infinite free time pave the road with their corpses." - reboticon
I think this class is really cool, but I really wanted an ascendancy that gave the "chaos damage does not bypass energy shield" affect. Chaos res low life as well as Shavs low life are really gated behind expensive or rare gear. Lorica isn't much better, since to be viable it requires an insanely good shield and helm which will cost just as much as the Shavs. 2 or 4 ascendancy points would seem like a worth while trade off
For that affect.
"
crystalwitch wrote:
Is Void Beacon currently the only source of life regeneration reduction or have I forgotten something?

I don't believe there are any such effects now, but they mentioned in the Frost Bomb preview that it lowers enemy life regeneration, so Void Beacon won't be the only such effect come Ascendancy.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1576685
"Frost Bomb creates an icy orb that releases chilling pulses, reducing the cold resistance and life regeneration of nearby monsters."

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info