[2.3 Video Guide] Dual Spark Crit Totems Ascendant/Inquisitor [HC/SC & Atziri Viable]

"
shahmat1972 wrote:
How is this in comparison to Blade Fall totems? Want to make a totem build...

Bladefall is completely OP at the moment, so it hardly seems fair to compare the two.

Compared to most other totems Spark is definitely among the best ones :)
Weekly build guides: Youtube.com/LiftingNerdBro
Daily live streams: Twitch.tv/LiftingNerdBro
Friendly PoE community: Discord.gg/Lifting
Planning to play this for ascendency. But going to play this as a templar (Inquisitor, Inevitable Judgement + Instruments of Virtue), so the nodes at the scion with Intuitive Leap are falling out. Will take Potency of Will instead, so that is exactly the 6 points I save with that jewel as scion. The Remaining 4 Points which it takes to get to that Intuitive-Leap-Socket I will put into Shamanistic Fury.

I think the loss of 20% projectile damage, 5 dex, 30% totem placement speed, 5% totem cast speed and 8% totem attack speed (which is the net gain from the jewel there) is more than made up with the 48% totem damage und 15% totem placement speed from shamanistic fury.

Choosing the Inquisitor gets me:
100% crit chance vs mobs without Elemental Status
45% crit multi vs mobs with Elemental Status
full elemental penentration for Critical Strikes
10% elemental penetration for normal strikes
20% inc spelldmg after placing a totem
20% inc cast speed after whirling blades
30% inc elemental damage
30% inc crit multi
4% cast speed

I thought about witch-elementalist for some time, but it didn't sound too good, at least for a crit build. tbh, elementalist with pendulum and shaper of desolation bacon of ruin sounds more awesome for a non-crit-build.

shadow (assassin) would also be possible, but I find the inquisitor more fitting for that.

And if the scion ascendency class would be ridiculously OP, I still could switch to scion with this build.

and while thinking about it, I think, even for the scion, the nodes I plan to take as a templar (Potency of will + shamanistic fury) sound better than utilizing intuitive leap there.

Edit:
I would even leave out true strike and hired killer, and only go to the jewel near melding.
the crit I would take from Arcane Potency (60chance/20multi vs 75chance/8multi) + the two multi notes (24%) from Shaman's Dominion. The life I take from blood drinker.

That ends up at 111 points spent. my final templar tree would now look like this:
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwUBAx4D7gQHBLMHHgmqDkgRLxGWFm8WvxpsG8gc3B0UHb4fAh9BJKomlSj6KgsqEysKLR8zhzY9NsU26TpYRKFFnUlRSbFMs06uU1JVS1XGWOVaK13yXl1h4mSdZp5o8mpDaxdsjHBSfIN_xoIegpuCx4Pbg_OFMonTi4yMNo5kjxqP-pMnlSCVLpo7muCdqp2uoS-iAKKjo_KnCKeUrhKxNrb6uJO86r6KwFTAZsCawfPQH9H91abXz9gk2fzbC-Fz42rjhOQi6-7r9e0874jv6_Af8NXyHfem-Tf53frS

If I would need cast speed, I always can take the shadow starting notes. so with one of them I am only short 1% cast speed compared to harrier with the same amounts of points spent. attackspeed from harrier we don't care about and movement speed, well, we have whirling blade, don't we :P
I think that is more efficient than going aaaaaall the way down to hire killer and true strike.
Last edited by xebtria on Feb 20, 2016, 4:22:09 AM
Can someone fill me in on the purpose of HoT? Once we get Ancestral Bond and can't do damage with our skills what is going to cause the proc? Or is it just for the damage boost to the totem's spells?
Pretty sure it's just that. you could run something more defensive like grace, but AA is too good to pass up. Since we use ES for fueling our spells, let's reserve all the mana. and the only other 25% mana auras besides AA are the heralds (correct me if I'm wrong). Ash makes no sense, and it is better to boost lightning than cold, because of the brotherhood ring, hence HoT.
Last edited by xebtria on Feb 21, 2016, 8:45:52 AM
Thanks. I was trying to figure out why we needed it. The tutorial video goes over most of the skills but he just mentions that he recommends it but with no reason why. Glad to have it cleared up :D. Back to leveling now x.x
One Question iam a noob and i hope you can help me ^^

Iam Level 68

I have this Daggers

6481 DPS

and this Wands

6784 DPS

What should i Take ?
Last edited by perling on Feb 24, 2016, 8:06:00 AM
Hey lifting,

I am planning on using this build on the expansion. What you think about the new scion release?

With the acendancies all announced so you think scion will be the best class still?
If so what two scion acendancy do you recommend?

Thanks for all your videos. Great job
Deadeye + hierophant, and I think it will be very strong.
Yah i was thinking deadeye for sure but then i was going back and forth on either hieropant or inquisitor.
I think hierophant is the choice for crit totems.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info