GGG you fucked up on melee Ascendancies: Marauder vs Duelist

regret to say that the first image looks like a result of a pillow factory incident..

never uderstood the passion for feathery wings found so frequently in nowadays players

as for the marauder classes - their alignment is ok but their power is ao low that it might be better to just roll a templar or ranger if you detest duelist so much (and i agree he looks bad wearing hyrris ire.. and i mean.. really bad)
I kinda agree with that, i normally don't use the wings, actually i just decided to buy them today to try so right now i'm giving them a go.

I will go duelist if it comes down to it, but i will go screaming, and raging!

EDIT: And i will also slowly die inside until i decide.... assassin dw void battery coc.
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
Last edited by Crackmonster on Feb 10, 2016, 3:10:19 AM
Hi

I am at the other end, I hate marauder and always will prefer a duelist but I really dislike how niche these ascendancies are. Marauder is/ should always be the king of melee and the duelist is always the master of arms, great at melee or ranged like the templar being melee or magic; that's the point of hybrids they are good at being flexible. These ascendant builds merely lock down potentials and force players to build around them; it clearly seems like whomever designed the duelist ascendancies didn't realize that a fair amount of duelist builds are ranged.

cheers

Conan: Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.
Never dance with the Devil because a dance with the Devil could last you forever...
-I thought what I'd do was,I'd Pretend I was one of those deaf mutes-
Nullus Anxietas:)
Try assasin, you can rule with little knives while looking like this:

http://www.myuntoldsecrets.com/yourimages2/emo.jpg
I wonder if OP even played Duelist. He is tall as fuck, and almost as big as Marauder. Lol.
If you want to call him a wanker, you gonna have to call Marauder a wanker, too. XD

On a serious note, Berserk could use some love. Other than that, meh. :V
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
Juggernaut seems very Fezzik to me. Yeah, okay, this is PoE, so massive layers of armour, got it. But underneath that metal, Juggernaut is Fezzik to me.

I don't think Juggernaut is way off base as an Ascendancy; Unstoppable, for example, is actually quite strong but worded confusing as hell (what it means is: you are immune to the negative effects of Chill, Freeze, and Temporal Chains). I do think it could use some light cleaning up and refinement, but it's not "wtf this sucks."

Berserker is wtf this sucks.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Feb 10, 2016, 10:58:56 AM
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
Juggernaut seems very Fezzik to me. Yeah, okay, this is PoE, so massive layers of armour, got it. But underneath that metal, Juggernaut is Fezzik to me.

"I am the brute squad"

I'm not too keen to write of berserker just yet, it has some interesting mechanics that I think could be made to work well, if you put your mind to it. The offensive buff that require you to be hit are a little weird but the other things seem workable, I would at least adopt a wait and see approach for it, until we see everything going on with ascendency.
Unstopple doesn't mean you are immune to chill/freeze/slow as I understand it. It's just that the negative effect of those have a threshold which is your base movement speed. Which is annoyingly slow once you get used to +30% ms boots and more from the tree.

To OP: While I somewhat feel the same about the Marauder regarding his ascendancies, (Why is there no 2h-stuff for marauder? Felt always as the 2h archetype for me, but I can live with that)
your choice of words is...I don't know. Let's just say that I hope you're trolling on purpose.
CliveHowlitzer wrote:

I am now too addicted to that feeling of being kicked in the nuts when you die.
Although I might of worded it a bit differently, I agree with you OP!

I will stick with Marauder whatever the cost, just because he is my favourite class. I just hope I am not handicapped too much that I did not choose duelist.

Currently, (without seeing the final options for ascendancy) most of my melee builds would be better played as the duelist, simply because of "you have fortify" = +1 gem slot to me, that is before all his other great looking nodes.

Still one more Marauder sub class to see, which I feel will be spell based but hopefully it will have some melee stuff in it too.

I can and will adapt though! My Marauder will rain supreme once again :P

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info