GGG you fucked up on melee Ascendancies: Marauder vs Duelist

I am going to be blunt here and say what i really mean.

Look man, the marauder is the badass melee. Duelist is a little wanker, many consider it [Removed by Support] looking character.

You fucked up hard on ascendancy by giving duelist 3 extremely strong advances classes and giving marauder thus far 2 worthless ones. Not only that, but at least champion and slayer seem like the ultimate fit for marauder, but you gave it to duelist? Are you serious?

Many of us don't want to look at that wankering little duelist at all, and you force us to play it. Marauder is so PoE, duelist is just whatever meh.

A. Serious. Fuckup.

Skin transfer for marauder --> duelist thanks, then no complaints and you kept your game intact that you can create any build with any class.
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
Last edited by Brian_GGG on Feb 9, 2016, 4:18:55 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Duelist rules, only noobs play Marauders. I mean, have you seen the size of the duelist head ? Now we are talking about badass stuff :D
Petty?

Flavor is all!

Me and my friends diss on duelist all the time due to its really ugly looks like a little ballet kid. That and scion that can't stand properly when you are in town. Number one reason we will never play them, we need our characters to look good!

I like a good fight over which tastes are better and naturally mine are always superior, but you trying to assign low qualities to me charan is really all that is petty here.

Btw, i know you are just trolling, even though you mean it, and have shut your reasoning down instantly you see me because of past defeats everytime you stepped to me.. but... i chose to hope for better so i will give you a couple of actual arguments.

First, the class build around taunts and permanent fortify as well a party buff(maori are tribal people, duelist are for their own glory) should be marauder > duelist.

The slayer. Stuns(ideal 2h build), life leech, melee splash. Archetype pure fighter. Marauder is the purest archetype fighter there is. At the very least that could have been either Marauder or duelist.

If you think style doesn't matter to people why do you think they pay so much for ingame vanity stuff? Why do you linger on these forums where you have invested so much in vanity instead of moving on?

Because it matters.

Now troll somewhere else if you have nothing useful to say!

Now for all of those who enjoy a good insult, check out this one from 2013 i found when searching for duelist and a dirty word:

Spoiler
"
ezER wrote:
listen elitist piece of sht ...since u come to my thread with ur cute opinions ima have to send u out like a faggot with ur asshole soar

wow generation... dont insult me like that. for this u should get some babypowder and slap ur pale cheeks. get some healthy look on them for once and brace urself for getting butthurt
so what generation are u ? are u a 40 yo basement warrior since text rpgs or what?

p.s yes i rlly enjoy smashing trashbags. other wise i wouldnt waste my time on u
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
Last edited by Crackmonster on Feb 9, 2016, 6:11:47 PM
I think duelist is one of the better characters visually. Maybe even the best.
IGN - Xukai

Mirror Service - /1046531
Well i will severely doubt the taste of anyone who thinks Duelist > Marauder, but maybe that is just me, ey?

!!!
Duelists are awesome !
R.I.P 4.B.
True, they are both fighters, but if we use that reasoning then witch is just as much a figther. Yet in this western world, figther is more associated with the more brute fighting and trading blows.

We have the archetypes: Strength, Intelligence, Dexterity.

Strength is associated with the most upfront melee confrontations, the pure fighter, whereas dexterity is more agility precision and avoidance, tricks. Deny all you want this is actually exactly what the base stats themselves also do, because that is what makes sense. You wouldn't see Strength increasing your max mana and spell damage, because that wouldn't be very logical now would it.

What does gg do? They give marauder classes that give accuracy(dexterity forte), give duelist(which is somewhere between a very agile figther and the brute) the pure stats, dmg reductions, life steals, stuns which as you can see in tree also is marauder concentrated, fortify, melee splash, taunts - all of these abilties that support the singularly brute playstyle the most.

You can say whatever you want, but that just happens to be the reality and that happens to be how archetypes are - and there is a mismatch between the archetypes and the ascendancy choices.

In reality it means that those who want pure fighters will be forced into duelist - whereas marauders are the purest fighting class of all. The big bad fucker that stomps out all of those puny weaklings by brute force.

---

That's just one angle, i could attack your stance from a million angles because you extend so far just because you want to argue against me.

Here is another angle:

You may like duelist, i may like marauder. Who cares. Reality is i point out that i am no longer free to create the fighter in my own image anymore, my choice has been removed and now i must look like a duelist to build a proper character. That is a concern that in itself is fair, and you calling it petty to point that out is nothing but pathetic.

Go back to offtopic, you are trolling this forum you have never been good at the heavy logical thinking, you are better at popular speaking to confused kids - like pop culture, superficial and lacking depth.
Last edited by Crackmonster on Feb 9, 2016, 10:03:22 PM
https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/44zq9l/which_is_more_badass_marauder_or_duelist/

So far 0 votes for Duelist, and a lot of dissing how weakling the duelist looks like and how puny it is compared to marauder.

Now send forth your legions and spam it with duelist votes!
Although I feel a bit stupid I have to admit that the OP could have been written by me.

Same with Witch vs. Templar.

So +1 I guess.

I'm not giving this up for some freaking duelist just so i can play a viable melee, are you kidding me!
Last edited by Crackmonster on Feb 10, 2016, 2:40:05 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info