GGG you fucked up on melee Ascendancies: Marauder vs Duelist

"
Alros wrote:
Unstopple doesn't mean you are immune to chill/freeze/slow as I understand it. It's just that the negative effect of those have a threshold which is your base movement speed. Which is annoyingly slow once you get used to +30% ms boots and more from the tree.
Unless you're under the effect of an Acceleration Shrine, Unstoppable is the same thing as "You are not slowed or stopped by Chill, Freeze, or Temporal Chains." If under the effect of an Acceleration Shrine, it's a little more complicated. The line about movement speed is just gravy.
proof
"
juggernaut wrote:
You cannot be slowed below base speed
Doesn't mention movement until next line.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"Movement Speed" is a stat that only affects how fast the character runs. It has no effects on things like casting, attacking, or placing traps. Penalties to movement speed come from things like ground tar, or the movement speed penalty on armour.

"Slow" is a specific mechanic that modifies the speed all the character's animations, and thus affects everything they do. Slow is not a modifier to movement speed, and movement speed modifiers are not slows. Slow is caused by things like Temporal Chains, Chill, or Freeze.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
I take it that this means if you take Unstoppable you cannot be frozen?

Or when you're frozen you can still move but can't attack?
It means you can be frozen and can still move and attack (and cast, etc) as normal.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
Since there are very few "reverse-slows" in the the game*, you're almost always at base speed with regard to the slow mechanic, so slows will do absolutely nothing.

*Someone pointed out on reddit that the Acceleration Shrine does this at 50% - this means acceleration shrine currently counteracts all of chill (30% slow) and half of freeze (100%). This is the only case in the game I'm aware off which does this.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Feb 10, 2016, 12:12:57 PM
Oh, that last quote is interesting. I misunderstood it then. I thought, for example increasing attack speed as modifying the base speed of your attacks.
It really is worded confusing as hell (although Mark will probably come in mentioning how it's just worded correctly, is all; and he'd be right I guess)

Thanks for clearing that up anyway! :)
CliveHowlitzer wrote:

I am now too addicted to that feeling of being kicked in the nuts when you die.
Last edited by Alros on Feb 10, 2016, 12:05:05 PM
"
pijanapanda wrote:

Haha, yes, this is spot on. Even though duelist is still more ballet room attention seeker than Inigo.

As for juggernaught i see him as: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJ4r-1OxALE

However, that role simply isn't enough for poe. All builds already should never get stopped- the greatest benefit of it would be cannot be frozen, something which is often not worth 1 amulet slot, and certainly not a whole mastery. Then it has armour + accuracy? Lolwut, as though super tank builds would ever go crit and not just resolute. Doesn't make sense.

Berserker. I would like to see that wholly changed to focus on bloodmagic in some way. Blood magic and damage. That more damage taken is such a bad bad stat to have in any ascendancy skill line. All it means is less damage done because you will still need the same level of survival.
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
Last edited by Crackmonster on Feb 11, 2016, 12:35:37 AM
I wouldn't go so far as to say they've buggered up... also there is one Marauder Ascendancy to come so I'll wait and see what they do there. But I agree with you OP in terms of preferred character models. I like to play the big brute in Fantasy RPG's so no matter how much better my totemer could be as a Templar, I'll be sticking with the Marauder because of the model and what it represents.

I will agree that thus far I've been underwhelmed with Marauder Ascendancy compared to others, but I'm a Totem Marauder so I wasn't expecting much from Ascendancy for me. I've read some other posts about Marauder Ascendancy's thus far and some people hate em, others see some potential.

There's some shenanigans to be found with Unstoppable that's for sure - what with being able to be frozen while being able to move, cast and attack and unique's that give buffs if you're frozen. A bit niche but something interesting. I'm yet to see a stand out Marauder Ascendancy node such as the Duelists 100% block chance applied to spells, Shadows Deadly Infusion, Witches Necromancer Ascendancy (crazy), Ranger nothing stands out also... maybe Far Shot? 30% more damage, or Templar's Crits ignore elemental resistance.

Hopefully last Ascendancy is awesome :)
"The key to winning any fight is simply staying alive."
Last edited by WARPAINTER on Feb 11, 2016, 5:48:41 AM
"
WARPAINTER wrote:

I bet it will be the worse.
"
Argedava wrote:
"
WARPAINTER wrote:

I bet it will be the worse.

Or caster, yeah leave melee in trash, no 2H weapons or RT melee, only casters and ranged. Oh, coc also everywhere.
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info