Nerf Devourers (again) please.

They should actually undo all the devourer nerfs, just fix their interaction with IC and flasks by making the actual attack animation start a few miliseconds before it ends rather than it beginning as soon as they emerge from the ground. They should also undo the leaper nerf. Contrary to popular belief, counterplay actually existed against these mobs, whereas everything now might as well be skeletons or unburrowing zombies where skill-based counterplay is involved. There is incredibly little danger left in the game from regular mobs anymore, and nothing but bosses require mechanical/positioning skill anymore.

Edit: bearers actually require positioning and quick action, but I really hate their design because they singlehandedly make vaal cyclone unviable.
IGN: WeenieHuttSenior
US East
Last edited by Caustic2 on Feb 9, 2016, 2:13:48 AM
CWDT+IC
Also cyclone deathtrap in many situations because you spinning towards your death and can't avoid it.
Use your best defense: manual dodge + keep running
Dude this league ive had literally 6-7 Untainted Paradise maps from zana. (She has been quite kind in that regard i might add) And in those which are 68 with a damage mod for all the mobs (If im not mistaken) They ALWAYS have Devo's... Some more than others.. Some have literally half the mobs are Devo's and 20+ pop out at the same time.

Ive been running a Hybrid Witch with at times during these runs only 4-5K ES 0 Armour 0 End Charges as well as 0 problems with Devo's. They are no longer a threat. They mearly tickle as it is now and you STILL want them nerfed further? No.. At this point nerfing them would be an even bigger joke than it already has become. They might as well simply remove them all together.

OR.... When you not only See then but HEAR them pop... MOVE!!! If you stand in the middle of these things when they pop out and just cyclone in the middle of them.. Your asking for it. And the only way i can think of you getting one shot with those defenses by Devo's in a 68 map is you were cursed by Vuln or Flammability and they also had Powerful Crits.. Which isnt a problem with Devo's BTW.. Thats a problem with ANY mob in the game that deals Simi Heavy to Heavy Physical Damage. A Colossal Skeleton has one shot me through 8 end Charges, 75/56% passive Block, 8K+ life, UNGODLY amounts of Armour via Grace+IR+Flasks (Jade+Granite) because with powerful crits and curse on you the damage is just beyond anything you can attain defense wise... And like Devo's.. The damage is TOTALLY avoidable. Meaning i cant bitch or say a WORD because it was totally MY FAULT i was one shot... just like you.

Dont ever try to play HC is all i can suggest... Your world will be filled with nothing but despair and utter disappointment. Because learning how to deal with things like Devo's and Colossal Skeletons is basic survival.
There is a fine line between Consideration and Hesitation.
The former is Wisdom, the latter is Fear.
Last edited by Demonoz on Feb 9, 2016, 5:09:45 AM
"
Demonoz wrote:
Dude this league ive had literally 6-7 Untainted Paradise maps from zana. (She has been quite kind in that regard i might add) And in those which are 68 with a damage mod for all the mobs (If im not mistaken) They ALWAYS have Devo's... Some more than others.. Some have literally half the mobs are Devo's and 20+ pop out at the same time.

Ive been running a Hybrid Witch with at times during these runs only 4-5K ES 0 Armour 0 End Charges as well as 0 problems with Devo's. They are no longer a threat. They mearly tickle as it is now and you STILL want them nerfed further? No.. At this point nerfing them would be an even bigger joke than it already has become. They might as well simply remove them all together.

Actually they do not tickle in damage mod maps, with extra damage or [element] extra damage in T10 maps can hit for 2k+ without armor (never been hit harder tbh) if combined up to 2.5k

The thing is: it's easy to manually dodge them even with 0% MS, i personally get hit once or twice from devourers in a dark forest map if i play sloppy.

Just keep running for your life and pewpew them, if melee keep running --> they pop out --> leap slam on them and kill them.

Just 1 question I haven't seen asked;

You didn't happen to wear an abyssus helmet, did ya?

"Wealth in a game is measured by the amount of fun, joy and entertainment you can get out of it".
-Mythabril
"
heiner79 wrote:
"
Dr1MaR wrote:
Maybe you were low on fire res? They shoot phys+fire dmg. What was your tooltip dps? Having low dps also kills you. Honestly, I have no idea how you managed to die in a tier 1 white map from 3 devourers with 5.6k hp, I wish you could record that, because I almost don't believe you here.. I have 5.9k hp on my cycloner and I am farming Tier 10-11 maps with almost no problems.

As I mentioned in the Entry.. I was res capped in all (Except chaos ofc) And even hard capped too..
And I almost don't believe how its even possible either! my tooltip was 20k+ with buffs and charges. But its about that. I one shotted stuff myself with cyclone.. I absolutely swear, that this is how it went down.. Its so far fetched, that i am boycutting poe till they fix this unbalanced glitch.. I must not be happening.

And to Boem: I got NO chance of moving.. thre was no delay.. just BLAM! dead.. the whole map up until that point I have not gone below 98% life at one point.. the fact that u say they are pityful is mind baffling.. there are basicly only 2 things hardcorers die to: Boxes and Devourers (and disconnects ofc).
Of them landing a crit hit on a Tier 1 map.. with my numbers and gear.. should be the difference of being hit for 2% or being hit for .. say 10-15%.. If u cannot see the obvious game glitch in that, I cannot reason with u. :D

As can be clearly seen in most of B***'s post he likes to come off as a superior player and we have to bow down and worship his point of view.
I won't comment on Devourer balance, but I can give you some advice on how not to die so easily in similar situations in the future. This death was most likely avoidable as long as you had a plan for spike damage, which you definitely should in HC.

1: Your flasks suck. By the time in a league when you can afford Kaom's Heart, there's absolutely no way you can't afford glassblower's baubles and some alts to roll each important flask. Your granite should be 20% quality and have + XX% armour on it. Your life flasks should be 20% quality and have either seething or bubbling on them. In HC, you really shouldn't skip the super cheap and easy steps that make it much harder to die.

2: Your armour was super low. You didn't have much armour on your gear and you don't have much increased armour on the tree. Even with the endurance charges, this means that big hits can still stomp you for 65%+ of their original damage. This is especially relevant because you're not only melee, but Cyclone, which will lock you into certain death sometimes if you can't tank whatever nastiness you're spinning into. This isn't a huge problem unless...

3: You have no Immortal Call setup. On an armour tank, it can be better to leave up your endurance charges. You aren't an armour tank, though, and 30% phys reduction is significantly worse than 100% phys reduction. It's annoying that a CWDT/IC setup is still pretty much a necessity for almost every HC character, but it being annoying doesn't change the fact that you're much more likely to die without one.

I certainly wouldn't have expected to die in this map with your setup, but that's POE. Sometimes the game just throws something ridiculous at you that'll snap you in a heartbeat. All you can really do is try your best not to die. Hopefully you can learn from this death and are better able to avoid similar deaths in the future.
Last edited by Jennik on Feb 9, 2016, 9:55:57 AM
"
Caustic2 wrote:
They should actually undo all the devourer nerfs

Lol. Yep. Bring back the instakilling blue devourer packs that give no visual nor audio cue that they're about to appear. BECAUSE THIS GAME DOESN'T HAVE ENOUGH RNG AS IT IS.

"
Jennik wrote:
I certainly wouldn't have expected to die in this map with your setup, but that's POE. Sometimes the game just throws something ridiculous at you that'll snap you in a heartbeat. All you can really do is try your best not to die. Hopefully you can learn from this death and are better able to avoid similar deaths in the future.

Riiiiight. What more is there to learn other than "PoE has spike damage that randomly fucks you over and you can't do anything about it"? And how do you even avoid that?

Oh right. Play ranged, instakill-whole-screen-builds that more than likely are fotm.
[s]only mindless sheep think labyrinth is OK to have in PoE.[/s]
okay nevermind labyrinth, fix dx9 blackscreen instead...
"
Riiiiight. What more is there to learn other than "PoE has spike damage that randomly fucks you over and you can't do anything about it"? And how do you even avoid that?

You know all those parts of my post right before the bit you quoted? Those are things he could learn from this death.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info