Nerf Devourers (again) please.

"
keshanberk wrote:

it's my opinion that GGG doesn't even test the content they release. they just release stuff and wait for problems to pop up and slowly take care of the damage that's been done -- but not before enough people lose their HC work.

Nothing new, it has been known for more than 2 years...

Bethesda is known for having good ideas and terrible realization of them. GGG is a Bethesda subsidiary or what?
"
Boem wrote:
Devourers are already pitiful ever since people got what they wished for.

I don't even blink anymore when i roll "animals" on my maps, it's freaking sad.

pro-tip : keep moving, devourers have a delay before they hit after they appear.

Pretty much this^

And saying they are pitiful is quite the understatement. They went from being a complete nightmare to a game of Whack-a-Devo. :P
Just a lowly standard player. May RNGesus be with you.
It is such a shame, ppl are in general more busy being dicks and troll me and my (lack of) skills in the game, eventhough u know nothing of me.
IF!! u have read my entry and my posts, you would know that in general I agree with u. They only tickle me.. I had tons of encounters in that map alone with devos. And didnt go below 98% life at any time. It WAS a walk in the park, which it should be, with my gear in a tier1 map.
All i am saying is, that it should NOT be possible to 1shot me (Litterly BLAM-DEAD) from 100% life, with 7 End Charges on. It is mind baffling.. Even with curses and extra dam/crit etc.. 3 blue devos should not be able to do this. I hope we agree on that.. And thats the only part I wanna see get balanced out..
There is some blue devourers who are hitting very hard. Dunno maybe there is two devo variants in game. One nerfed, second still in game with low chance to appear.
Perhaps its not devourers must be nerfed but to-hit formula for monsters must be reworked
If I dont reply to you - I dont give a flying duck about your opinion

If you dont reply to me - I dont care either because I dont come back to see who replied to me
"
heiner79 wrote:
It is such a shame, ppl are in general more busy being dicks and troll me and my (lack of) skills in the game, eventhough u know nothing of me.

Been thru this thread multiple times and I see very little dickishness or trolling. Nothing even worthy of being mentioned really. :/

"
heiner79 wrote:
Even with curses and extra dam/crit etc.. 3 blue devos should not be able to do this. I hope we agree on that.. And thats the only part I wanna see get balanced out..

If you wanna complain about one shot mechanics by all means go for it, you'll find many people to agree with you (myself included). But don't expect many to get on the nerf train when it really isn't required for a mob that was already over nerfed. :)
Just a lowly standard player. May RNGesus be with you.
what`s a Devourer?
@heiner

It's totally reasonable that 3 devourers, all critting you at the same time without a proper response from the player will kill you, even in a low end map with such gear.

The likely hood of that happening is extremely low and that's what makes it dangerous and makes you respect every single devourer you encounter.

I shrug them of as an encounter, not because they are easy, but because i respect them and as a result developed a counter-play for them.
They used to do a LOT more damage though.

A heavy crit will fuck you up, even with a good life pool and endurance charges.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Boem wrote:
@heiner

It's totally reasonable that 3 devourers, all critting you at the same time without a proper response from the player will kill you, even in a low end map with such gear.

The likely hood of that happening is extremely low and that's what makes it dangerous and makes you respect every single devourer you encounter.

I shrug them of as an encounter, not because they are easy, but because i respect them and as a result developed a counter-play for them.
They used to do a LOT more damage though.

A heavy crit will fuck you up, even with a good life pool and endurance charges.

Peace,

-Boem-

I dont see any problem in this occuring in a Tier 10+ map.. but in a tier1 ? The game hasnt even started yet.. it must never happen. And thats the thing that needs to be rewamped. I cannot believe you can rationalize it. Or do u keep forgetting that it happened in a TIER 1?!?
I talked about the incident with some of my ingame friends (who are WAY better than i btw.. all near lvl 100).. they all said (the obvious) "thats not possible.. you must have neglegted ur end. charges or whatnot.. "
But i garantuee that its not the case..
I dont think I have problem with them except the big unique devourers. Those thing hit like a truck if u are not careful.

Another is vaal detonate dead on boss corpses = pretty scary thing, especially u are in crappy tight map like cave or sewer where u got no where to run.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info