Nerf Devourers (again) please.

"
keshanberk wrote:
"
heiner79 wrote:
"
Dr1MaR wrote:
Maybe you were low on fire res? They shoot phys+fire dmg. What was your tooltip dps? Having low dps also kills you. Honestly, I have no idea how you managed to die in a tier 1 white map from 3 devourers with 5.6k hp, I wish you could record that, because I almost don't believe you here.. I have 5.9k hp on my cycloner and I am farming Tier 10-11 maps with almost no problems.

As I mentioned in the Entry.. I was res capped in all (Except chaos ofc) And even hard capped too..
And I almost don't believe how its even possible either! my tooltip was 20k+ with buffs and charges. But its about that. I one shotted stuff myself with cyclone.. I absolutely swear, that this is how it went down.. Its so far fetched, that i am boycutting poe till they fix this unbalanced glitch.. I must not be happening.

And to Boem: I got NO chance of moving.. thre was no delay.. just BLAM! dead.. the whole map up until that point I have not gone below 98% life at one point.. the fact that u say they are pityful is mind baffling.. there are basicly only 2 things hardcorers die to: Boxes and Devourers (and disconnects ofc).
Of them landing a crit hit on a Tier 1 map.. with my numbers and gear.. should be the difference of being hit for 2% or being hit for .. say 10-15%.. If u cannot see the obvious game glitch in that, I cannot reason with u. :D

honestly, you can't put it beneath GGG to have some mathematical errors and problems with the game's skills and monsters.

Then where should i put it? Cant believe how ppl are arguing with the obvious fact, that this is not well balanced.. ofc it should never happen in a Tier1 map with my numbers..

And I have no idea how to death replay the insident. But it is exactly as i described it.
"
heiner79 wrote:

Then where should i put it? Cant believe how ppl are arguing with the obvious fact, that this is not well balanced.. ofc it should never happen in a Tier1 map with my numbers..

And I have no idea how to death replay the insident. But it is exactly as i described it.

well if they're saying that devourers do fire and physical damage..
I was doing a T8 map with 84% fire res and 60%+ physical damage reduction. some blue devourers popped up having deal critical damage or critting more often mod, and one of the devourers alone would hit me for 3000ish damage. I was lucky enough to get hit ONCE to realize there were even devourers on the map. so anyone that wants to argue about devourer damage being a joke is just trying to cover up for the actual matter at hand. especially if devourers deal high damage to a character with high reduction to the attack..

it's my opinion that GGG doesn't even test the content they release. they just release stuff and wait for problems to pop up and slowly take care of the damage that's been done -- but not before enough people lose their HC work.

I follow up with this example on how GGG doesn't test their content:
releasing chaos damage to deal immense multiplier damage and wreck everything at the start of this season.

Or GGG needs to hire an employee that's a mathematician, statistics, or probability major.
Last edited by keshanberk on Feb 7, 2016, 3:42:56 PM
Sudden damage spikes are a recurring problem in my playing experience. At one moment you are tanking everything just fine, the next moment you are suddenly dead. Finger just hit the flask, but by the time that command came through, the server has had already written your obituary.
"Into the Labyrinth!
left step, right step, step step, left left.
Into the Labyrinth!"
I feel ya, also got one-shotted by 4 devs (white!) popping up directly beneath me and hitting me without any delay whatsoever. No chance to avoid that, with 5k life and capped resis.

My advice: Don't play HC, the game has too many bugs. It's fun enough on SC.
May your maps be bountiful, exile
"
Andrius319 wrote:
i just died to 4 white skeleton archers. WHITE! This kind of BS really pisses me of. And nothing else in that same map did that kind of damage.

the myth about white mobs oneshotting people is really hard to believe. i can't recall something like that ever happening to me. they tend to hit quite hard if you have some nasty mods on your map, but otherwise...hmmm.

as for devourers, i think they are quite fine as they are, sometimes almost to predictable. blue packs with powerful crits can be very dangerous, especially in a map with lots of damage mods or vulnerability, sure. if you get a rare it is always better to get out fast and then approach with care.

i play a dual wield cyclone duelist in taliman at the moment, only 5.2k life, four charges and really not that much armor at all and i've been fine lvling to 90. devourers were the least of my problems...they are fine, really.

regarding glitches, if it really was one: shit happens, move on. died a few times to lag issues myself. it happens and when it does (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

and then ┬──┬◡ノ(° -°ノ)

continue playing..., but then i don't play hardcore for exactly those reasons.
Qvis contra nos ?
"
Feins_ wrote:
"
Andrius319 wrote:
i just died to 4 white skeleton archers. WHITE! This kind of BS really pisses me of. And nothing else in that same map did that kind of damage.

the myth about white mobs oneshotting people is really hard to believe. i can't recall something like that ever happening to me. they tend to hit quite hard if you have some nasty mods on your map, but otherwise...hmmm.

as for devourers, i think they are quite fine as they are, sometimes almost to predictable. blue packs with powerful crits can be very dangerous, especially in a map with lots of damage mods or vulnerability, sure. if you get a rare it is always better to get out fast and then approach with care.

i play a dual wield cyclone duelist in taliman at the moment, only 5.2k life, four charges and really not that much armor at all and i've been fine lvling to 90. devourers were the least of my problems...they are fine, really.

regarding glitches, if it really was one: shit happens, move on. died a few times to lag issues myself. it happens and when it does (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

and then ┬──┬◡ノ(° -°ノ)

continue playing..., but then i don't play hardcore for exactly those reasons.

One of the most obvious and oddest bugs I've experienced was when I was fighting normal brutus with a friend using skype. brutus was aiming towards my friend and I was behind brutus. when brutus released his slam attack, even though it wasn't even aimed at me, I took the damage for it. my friend (who was obviously on skype with me) witnessed this shit happening and we both immediately wondered how many bugs exist that could unfairly kill us. and this happened maybe 30 days ago. so there are a lot of problems with poe that you wouldn't expect.

I also remember something similar to how you can be standing behind a devourer and still get hit by the projectile. this used to happen before GGG added lockstep, but it may actually just be a bug in poe.
Last edited by keshanberk on Feb 7, 2016, 4:09:36 PM
"
keshanberk wrote:

I think I had a similar thing happen to me once!
If cwdt frost wall goes off on brutus, sometimes it makes brutus' actions and direction a bit funky. Were one of you guys using a frost wall maybe?
"
biyte wrote:
"
keshanberk wrote:

I think I had a similar thing happen to me once!
If cwdt frost wall goes off on brutus, sometimes it makes brutus' actions and direction a bit funky. Were one of you guys using a frost wall maybe?

I was a marauder using molten strike. he was an archer using split arrow. we were level 8-12.
no, they're fine.
"
grepman wrote:
no, they're fine.

If they are fine, how would you explain my incident here.. :D Or are you just trolling

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info