Elementalist, a HUGE let down

stop cryin' men. vatdfak.
they'll change the passive skill tree too and maybe add more synergies with the new classes/spells/skills.
Here's how I'd fix Elementalist and Inquisitor:

Pendulum of Destruction and Righteous Providence switch trees. Pendulum is renamed, changed to "Every 10 seconds, 100% more Critical Strike Chance for 4 seconds," and becomes the new prerequisite for Inevitable Judgement.

Mastermind of Dischord becomes a no-prersquite notable and is changed to "Damage Penetrates 10% Elemental Resistances against Ignited Enemies; Damage Penetrates 10% Elemental Resistances against Frozen Enemies; Damage Penetrates 10% Elemental Resistances against Shocked Enemies." It serves as a prerequisite for the renamed Righteous Providence.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Feb 9, 2016, 2:01:32 PM
"
RestInPieces wrote:

So unless you are trying to reduce the elementalist builds to a CoF/LC WS/discharger, what the heck are you doing?

Yep, it seems GGG want to reduce Elementalist builds to triple-element skills (Discharge, Elemental Hit, Wild Strike), CoC builds utilizing 3 spells of different elements, CoC builds that ultilize "proper" skill/spell combination (like Molten Strike + Arctic Breath) and some builds with Elemental Equilibrium.

Not so tiny list as you described, but still quite small.

And all that "increased damage" bonuses arent really amazing (even 100% from Pendulum) - cause are are lost of ways to get "increased damage" in PoE, but getting things like elemental penetration (which means 20-80% MORE damage in fact) is impossible for those who use multiple elements.

IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Last edited by MortalKombat3 on Feb 9, 2016, 3:48:19 PM
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:

Yep, it seems GGG want to reduce Elementalist builds to triple-element skills (Discharge, Elemental Hit, Wild Strike), CoC builds utilizing 3 spells of different elements, CoC builds that ultilize "proper" skill/spell combination (like Molten Strike + Arctic Breath) and some builds with Elemental Equilibrium.

And all that "increased damage" bonuses arent really amazing (even 100% from Pendulum) - cause are are lost of ways to get "increased damage" in PoE, but getting things like elemental penetration (which means 20-80% MORE damage in fact) is impossible for those who use multiple elements.

But Inquisitor is way better for all those classes, especially for CoC. It gives 300% MORE damage on crit against capped monsters and you don't need the elemental curses. So the only kind of builds that could abuse the Elementalist are better as Inquisitors.
"
Adser wrote:
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:

But Inquisitor is way better for all those classes, especially for CoC. It gives 300% MORE damage on crit against capped monsters and you don't need the elemental curses. So the only kind of builds that could abuse the Elementalist are better as Inquisitors.

Yep, i agree, Inquisitor as it is now is obviously better for CoC. Or Assassin (crit double-dips for CoC).
There are builds that arent better with Inquisitor simply because they dont rush crit. For example, self-cast discharge with precast of Ice nova (for EE+curse). But those builds are in bad state (weak and underpowered). Indeed, i cant remeber any poplar (and good for current meta) build that would benefit from that wierd passive.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Can't wait until all those who think these talents will be of much use, get outclassed by templar or shadow elemental casters and then start complaining to GGG themselves.
"
RestInPieces wrote:
Can't wait until all those who think these talents will be of much use, get outclassed by templar or shadow elemental casters and then start complaining to GGG themselves.

i do not think anyone claims this class is great. if you are looking for the best there are two choices: assassin and pathfinder. you can ignore the rest if you are after top dips and fastest opaf fotm cc builds

if you are mad that you hoped this class will top them - true enough. it doesnt.

however for people that are not after the top (because chaosstorm trapper is that way->) this class offers some stuff that id likw to test out. it might be best for melee fighters due to direct survivability boost and indirect crowdcontroll (small prolif) option.

as a spellcaster the assassin is the way to go as nothing can beat crit

it is not the class that is bad. it is the assassin that makes it look so
^Currently.

We have no clue what GGG is going to do with crit overall and base crit value's.

If they smack crit multy down and increase base crit value's it still remains to be seen if other perks instead of assassin don't outweigh the investment.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Boem wrote:
^Currently.

We have no clue what GGG is going to do with crit overall and base crit value's.

If they smack crit multy down and increase base crit value's it still remains to be seen if other perks instead of assassin don't outweigh the investment.

they wont. change to crit multi (current speculation says change from multiplicative to additive) changes VERY little. and they have little other options as they cannot change base crit values (outrage from mirror daggers owners and in general 'teh ecconomeh') too much.

more likely than not we will simply end up with cosmetic changes and crit will rule them all. because why not? have you seen the interview eith Rory when he was surprised (the mildest possible term) that their 'for non-crit' gem (contr destruction) is best for crit builds?

and even if they cut the crit multi from 800% damage to 400% it is still one-shot so who cares? assassin can cap crit with pretty much no effort and then has entire tree to pick the cherries from

people doubting: poison. double. dips. and it is fine.. if that is fine then crit wont change
"
sidtherat wrote:
"
RestInPieces wrote:

i do not think anyone claims this class is great. if you are looking for the best there are two choices: assassin and pathfinder. you can ignore the rest if you are after top dips and fastest opaf fotm cc builds

if you are mad that you hoped this class will top them - true enough. it doesnt.

however for people that are not after the top (because chaosstorm trapper is that way->) this class offers some stuff that id likw to test out. it might be best for melee fighters due to direct survivability boost and indirect crowdcontroll (small prolif) option.

as a spellcaster the assassin is the way to go as nothing can beat crit

it is not the class that is bad. it is the assassin that makes it look so

Not only the assassin.
I didn't want this class to be the best or something.

I would expect talents that complement most elemental builds' playstyle and help the class where help was needed. Instead most of its talents are for very niche builds with uniques or builds that promote an un-intuitive or even annoying playstyle - think its worth spamming unneeded spells to get that 20% pen?

For example, must I wear CoF or LC in order for these talents to work as they should? Must I play with a tri-element skill like discharge or go WS? Because that definitely seems to be the case. Templar talents for example are surely better for most of the witch builds out there. And instead of getting talents that actually are about elements and ailments we get talents that help us clear trash 0.1% faster and hardly help with single targets where help was really needed.

Personally I at least expected something more intuitive for the majority of the builds out there. Is this a lot to ask for?
Last edited by RestInPieces on Feb 11, 2016, 4:13:02 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info