Elementalist, a HUGE let down

Seeing how powerful ascendancy classes of marauder, templar, duelist, shadow and ranger were I was really hyped for the rest. And while these classes were getting some amazing talents with extra charges, elemental lifesteal, passive penetration and other amazing and FUN effects, I couldn't believe how terrible was the elementalist witch class, about which I was hyped for since the patch was announced.

Liege of the Primordial: Depends on how strong the golems will be, if they stack, their duration etc. If the current golems are any indication, 99.9% it will not be any use for a single target enemy even if there are many adds around.

Shaper of Desolation: Terrible. Ignite will be rather useless since it does not stack and with normal hits you will only get to ignite already weak mobs and even to them, deal negligible dps, even with a fire build. Chilling and shocking will never get to the boss and as ignite, will only work with normal mobs that die in a few hits anyway. Even if you manage to push over thresholds on bosses with normal hits you need 5 adds at a time (20%) for it to proc in the first place and only for 4 seconds.

Beacon of Ruin: Even shorter than proliferation, it may add some clearing speed if monster tightly hug each other, but overall I think it will be rather useless especially when your build doesn't rely on crits. If you think it "synergizes" with Shaper think again when you manage to prolif that 0.3s shock to 1 additional monster of a pack with a normal hit.

Again other classes get asc talents which are 10 times stronger than normal effects, witches get something that's even inferior to them.

Paragon of Calamity: The reduced damage might be somewhat helpful, but not really, against powerful hits on boss fights. The increased damage when hit with the element is just a joke, won't even get into that. And mentioning reflect mobs is not even worth it. May only be good for some niche bridle build as someone pointed out.

Pendulum of Destruction: The only talent I am somewhat hyped about in this class. I hope there is a graphical indication or it will turn out to be a nuisance.

Mastermind of Discord: Seriously? An equilibrium-style talent? That 3% of the builds will use? Tragic. If heralds were included it might actually be of some use. Terrible, just terrible. What do you expect? Flame dashing/warping, switching spells every 4 seconds to max our dps? If you want to make caster gameplay a chore, that sure looks like a good idea.

Elementalist is just terrible compared to all others, no matter how you see it. Maybe rolling a templar/shadow for a caster is the way to go since he is more of an "elementalist" than the witch elementalist.

PS: The talents of an elementalist should be more about actual ailments and reduced enemy thresholds to these ailments. It would both differentiate their playstyle and apply to a larger percentage of the builds out there.
Last edited by RestInPieces on Feb 8, 2016, 5:09:24 AM
Last bumped on Mar 8, 2016, 11:45:38 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Your opinion.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
Your opinion.

Yes, definitely, wouldn't want to pass off something as a fact and shock other people!
But if you start whining when you actually see that the class is lackluster compared to others in 2-3 months, I will be there saying "I told you so".
Last edited by RestInPieces on Feb 6, 2016, 7:10:24 AM
I agree there are a few things that they could inprove about it, but i honestly think its to early to tell, since they are giong to adjust the Passive tree again and who knows what other skills they will introduce.

But aside from that i think i'll have a blast playing an Elementalist even if they change little.
"
Weertangel wrote:
I agree there are a few things that they could inprove about it, but i honestly think its to early to tell, since they are giong to adjust the Passive tree again and who knows what other skills they will introduce.

But aside from that i think i'll have a blast playing an Elementalist even if they change little.

Also note that I didn't make this topic only because I think that the talents are pretty underpowered (always compared to other classes) but also because they lack the "fun" factor. Was much more interested in most other classes' talents and how they could completely change their gameplay. This one here... not so much...
Strong opinions without seeing the new tree ;D
d:-D*
"
PyleWarlord wrote:
Strong opinions without seeing the new tree ;D

Even if talents in the new tree drastically change to make some of these talents actually useful (which I doubt), they still are lackluster both in power and playstyle when you compare them with other asc classes - something that the tree can't really change.
Last edited by RestInPieces on Feb 6, 2016, 7:20:03 AM
I saw the elementalist yesterday and also like you I was so hyped about that class. Compared to other classes it's a HUGE freakin disapointment. Good thing im leveling my 1 punch duelist and having a blast... +1 from me for you!
"
mgalinec wrote:
I saw the elementalist yesterday and also like you I was so hyped about that class. Compared to other classes it's a HUGE freakin disapointment. Good thing im leveling my 1 punch duelist and having a blast... +1 from me for you!

We need a Saitama skin xD
I agree. I was disappointed beyond belief. Casters getting shafted is the status quo though isn't it?

I was expecting massive resistence penetration and new mechanics for elemental ailments. Everything about elementalist is sub par.
Creator of the Praxis ring.
Want to stop power creep? Gut crit chance and crit multi.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info