Elementalist, a HUGE let down

Just wait for crit to get fucked over.

Elementalist is going to look so good compared to assasin.

-> re-instate fire spells in the meta

-> make assasin mandatory to get reasonable crit%

-> nerf crit multy base increase%

-> savor QQ on forums for next expansion

-> distribute tissues with the PoE logo in shop for extra $_$

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Boem wrote:
Just wait for crit to get fucked over.

Elementalist is going to look so good compared to assasin.

-> re-instate fire spells in the meta

-> make assasin mandatory to get reasonable crit%

-> nerf crit multy base increase%

-> savor QQ on forums for next expansion

-> distribute tissues with the PoE logo in shop for extra $_$

Peace,

-Boem-

I don't disagree with crit/block/life/es getting essentially removed from the passive tree next patch.
Nerfing flasks was just the first step/
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
but summoner is a beast, so meh for elementalist
casuals... they always know better
"
"
Nephalim wrote:
I don't disagree with crit/block/life/es getting essentially removed from the passive tree next patch.

Yeah, let's make the game even less fun than it already is.

Good thing fun is subjective then.

I like it if they make the game harder since for me that equates to fun.

Letting a fart rip and eradicating an entire map as a result is not "fun" for me.

Going "pew pew pew" without ever seeing a single monster on the screen, again not my concept of fun.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Wow, let me rephrase that:
I don't disagree that GGG will essentially remove crit/block/life/es nodes from the passive tree next patch.
Nerfing flasks was just the first step.

And what a terribly sad that that will be for PoE when the only nodes left in the tree are +10% damage nodes and +3% life nodes and you need to pick a specific sub class if you want to block or crit.

In the current state if I wanted to make a crit LA build I have basically 4-6 choices. With crit nerfed from the tree I have basically 1 choice.
Last edited by Nephalim on Feb 6, 2016, 1:09:05 PM
"
Nephalim wrote:
I don't disagree that GGG will essentially remove crit/block/life/es nodes from the passive tree next patch.

And what a terribly sad that that will be for PoE when the only nodes left in the tree are +10% damage nodes and +3% life nodes and you need to pick a specific sub class if you want to block or crit.

I don't think they would do that. They know PoE whales like us like PoE because of it's complex build options. simplifying it would drive a lot of us away.
Creator of the Praxis ring.
Want to stop power creep? Gut crit chance and crit multi.
"
"
Nephalim wrote:

I don't think they would do that. They know PoE whales like us like PoE because of it's complex build options. simplifying it would drive a lot of us away.

Perhaps not remove but nerf even further.
"
Boem wrote:
"
"
Nephalim wrote:

Yeah, let's make the game even less fun than it already is.

Good thing fun is subjective then.

I like it if they make the game harder since for me that equates to fun.

Trust me, I like difficulty too, I love it in fact.

But lowering the value of an attribute making talents less worthwhile, reducing the power difference you feel as you level and your sense of progress or gimping a class with "meh" talents compared to others is the most un-creative and un-intuitive way to achieve difficulty.
Last edited by RestInPieces on Feb 6, 2016, 1:22:16 PM
You can choose with what ever pace you'd like to play it. Don't limit other's choices.

Consider that nearly every class has an effect on kill it's clear this is the direction GGG wants to take the game.
Elementalist is a joke compared to the Inquisitor.

Let's see, we get 20% penetration for an element only if we use a skill of another element, while Inquisitor has a permanent 10% penetration and a full removal of resistances in case of crit, which allows you to exchange your elemental curse and your penetration gem for anything else you need.

We get Pendulum of destruction and paragon of calamity, both of them situational damage buffs and paragon giving you some extra resistance against the element you have just been hit (so no help against 1 shots if it's the first hit you get), while Elementalist gets Augury of Penitence, that gives you 10% MORE elemental damage (its increased damage taken, like vulnerability) and 5% less elemental damage, all the time, and it even works for allies since it's an aura.

The proliferation part is only really useful for emberwake users (at itself is a weaker version of poison) and elemental conflux main use is giving non lighting users the shock status (and good luck shocking bosses with no other duration help, given that bosses are the only time when it matters)

At last, we have the golems. plz who thinks that GGG will allow them to become useful? remember you can get them after beating normal, there is no way the will allow us to make them anything more than gimmicks.

And what does the Inquisitor gets? a crappy damage buff for physical/magical attacks (that only takes 2 points to get) and Pious path, you know the status immunity + extra bonuses thing...

The Inquisitor is the best caster witch there is...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info