IGN reveals one of the new Witch Ascendancy Classes: The Elementalist

Variety Overkill !
The Dragon Hideout http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1076060
The Aesthetics of Evil http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1076060
The Garden of the Ancients http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1051755
"
Chris wrote:
"If your class just says 'Witch' in the endgame, that means you've purposely handicapped yourself. You're doing it on hard mode essentially."

People clamor for things like hardcore and self-found leagues just to prove they're bad-ass. GGG knows their audience :o
i am not an expert min/maxer or top player so i do not know all the details but i do not understand what's the rage against this class.

look pretty cool for some caster builds.. for example freeze pulse/ice nova with fire trap and maybe EE.. should work
"
Neuromancy wrote:
i am not an expert min/maxer or top player so i do not know all the details but i do not understand what's the rage against this class

Because all those gimmics in this subclass are good for leveling or at most Dried Lake farming, not for 10+ tier maps.

It looks super duper fantastic in videos from normal Docks, but will not work on serious maps. Considering bonuses from other published ascendancy classes, this one looks piss poor.
Anticipation slowly dissipates...
The Class is only good versus fights that can sustain multiple targets basically.
Just another Forum Signature in a Sea of Signatures.
"
tmaciak wrote:
"
Neuromancy wrote:
i am not an expert min/maxer or top player so i do not know all the details but i do not understand what's the rage against this class

Because all those gimmics in this subclass are good for leveling or at most Dried Lake farming, not for 10+ tier maps.

It looks super duper fantastic in videos from normal Docks, but will not work on serious maps. Considering bonuses from other published ascendancy classes, this one looks piss poor.

even a vanilla freezing pulse witch with points in life and just the cold stuff from tree can clear maps with good position.. it's just a bit slow.. increased dmg will increase it's clear speed..this subclass has the same theme as all classes: boosting simple builds and giving options for more complex builds.. no problem with this design idea
This is so bad its rediculous. STOP WITH THE ON KILL MINI BUFFS HOLY CRAP. People want reliable buffs because killing certain bosses is the most consistently difficult part of this game.

Most bosses dont have adds you can kill to prolong this stuff.

Also these buffs are just bad...seriously dont want any of them.
ProbablyGettingNerfed - L100 Occultist
Vinktarded - L100 Pathfinder
GoogleDiversityHire - L100 Necromancer

3.13 was the pinnacle of PoE. IVYS+1 Gang 4 Life.
Last edited by TheAshmaker on Feb 5, 2016, 9:09:36 AM
Well, for 90% CRIT elemental builds Inquisitor will be better, i believe. Especially for builds that hits with several elementas at once (various attack builds, physical spell with conversion, spell with heralds/Anger, etc). It's because ignoring enemy's resistances on crit is INSANELY benefitial.

However, Elementalist seems fine for NON-crit elemental spellcasters. Her passives are meant to be used without crit.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
I'm a heavy Witch user and I kinda feel betrayed by this tree.
When I saw the Inquisitor at first I was "Oh, it's for attack/caster hybrid, meh, won't use it. I don't like Templar anyway"
Then I read this node with elemental pen and ignore resist on crit. I immediately thought "wow, it would've been so good on my Arc Witch". After that, I thought of a way to respec my Static Strike Templar so he could drop Resolute Technique and use crit.

The thing that makes class like Inquisitor good is that it works for a lots of builds. You can play melee, wander, self caster and even crit caster, there's still reasons to take it. But there is also reason to take Hierophant.

On the Elementalist ? I don't feel that. Actually, the only idea that came to my mind is that all this time, I should've taken Templar or Shadow for my self-cast elemental builds, because now most of my witches will fall behind. What Am I supposed to do with my Arc Witch with this tree ? Playing with Lignting Coil ? What if I want to play CI ? To me, all of the previous ascendancy classes were opening new horizons while this one is almost purely restrictive.
"
TheAshmaker wrote:
This is so bad its rediculous. STOP WITH THE ON KILL MINI BUFFS HOLY CRAP. People want reliable buffs because killing certain bosses is the most consistently difficult part of this game.

Most bosses dont have adds you can kill to prolong this stuff.

Also these buffs are just bad...seriously dont want any of them.

+1

Ok, Shaper of Desolation could be strong for trash-mobs, because with this you could chill, shock and ignite with any(+chaos) damage non-crits but its not useful for boss fights :/ So basically just a gimmick and not something you really want to build anything around.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info