What exactly is the theme of witch?
Summoner or go home?

This is infuriating.

Sorry for rant I had to vent somewhere.
Please GGG let witches be witches and use their wands/ES/and spells

This.
"
DDseedFoot wrote:

Also please dont give me the argument "but you can use offerings on your melee witch" because to be honest, its pretty shit for any stick+board witches because you can get max block with rumis pretty easily anyway.

Lol, free 37% block and 1000-1500 HP gained each time you block is shit? Aegis Aurora requires 50-75k armour to get same HP/block...
And i think the 3-rd Witch class will have some bonuses to ES, just as 3-rd Shadow's class has bonuses to ES and evasion.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Paragon of Calamity's wording seems really odd, specifically "Element you've been hit by damage of." I think reordering the sentence can open up better phrasing:

"40% increased damage with any Element that has damaged you in the past 4 seconds.
8% reduced damage from any Element that has damaged you in the past 4 seconds."

"
3DNeophyte wrote:
Paragon of Calamity's wording seems really odd, specifically "Element you've been hit by damage of." I think reordering the sentence can open up better phrasing:

"40% increased damage with any Element that has damaged you in the past 4 seconds.
8% reduced damage from any Element that has damaged you in the past 4 seconds."

It means direct damage. DoTs (burning, etc) dont count.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:
"
DDseedFoot wrote:

Also please dont give me the argument "but you can use offerings on your melee witch" because to be honest, its pretty shit for any stick+board witches because you can get max block with rumis pretty easily anyway.

Lol, free 37% block and 1000-1500 HP gained each time you block is shit? Aegis Aurora requires 50-75k armour to get same HP/block...
And i think the 3-rd Witch class will have some bonuses to ES, just as 3-rd Shadow's class has bonuses to ES and evasion.

You can get max block chance ANYWAY with rumis + shield is what i meant
theres 1 node with something in that class, offerings. Your other 5 points have nothing worth talking about, anyone taking the necro without having minions has disastrously wasted their ascendancy.

My ci melee dagger witch is armour es hybrid with an aegis aurora, zo, ghost reaver etc. If any non minion attack witch in the entire game would get something from offerings its my melee witch and I would never chose necro for her.

Its a summoner class, its for nothing else, there is no 6 points to be spent there that are good for a build with no minions. They have in no way made that an open class that will be awesome for things that are not minion based. Theres little in these 2 subclasses thats useful for any meaningful amount of builds. Deadeye in ranger, with nodes covered in attack speed is a far more efficient and optimal class for the majority of caster builds than either of these witches. So is pathfinder, so is assassin, so is inquisitor. Its not power, this isnt about the power of the numbers alone, its about what they do, the mechanics of most of these nodes are fundamentally niche.

The worry was that off class builds would be crushed by these trees. What this is, actually, is on class builds crushed by them. Huge areas of what the witch is about are going to be locked out of the witch. They were saying about making sure things are open enough that if you want to do a melee 2h groundslam witch you could.... seriously? I wouldnt even make a crit arc witch with these trees, there could be nothing more witch than crit arc. Casting = int, crit = int, lightning = int, witch = int, and even that doesnt work with this, the most witchy witch build in the universe of witchcraft has nothing here that will make you spec either of these subclasses. I would have more reason to use pathfinder, champion or even juggernaut on a crit arc witch than these, as an example of how openly useful everyone else is in comparison. From what we have seen the witch is possibly the least appealing class on the entire tree for crit arc, we havent seen the scion yet, but given the scion is the currently best start on the tree for crit arc...

I dont want to say the person who made the subclass made a bad subclass, in isolation its cool, interesting, theres stuff going on, stuff you can build around. Free prolif, thats got to have juice right? I know they went off and made these little trees separately etc. But when taken in the bigger picture its everything it shouldnt be. If this was the 3rd templar class it would be awesome, I know theres an actual person out there who made this tree and I dont want them to feel like people are rubbishing what theyve done, whoever you are you made a really cool tree. Its an interesting off the wall oddity ascendancy that will result in some cool new builds, on that level I really like it. But in the overall picture this says that those are the ONLY caster builds youre going to make as a Witch ever again in PoE and that is absolutely disastrous for the game. Theres 3 witch trees, you gave one away to summoning, you cant afford to have anything other than 2 really open and powerful trees along side that.

If everyone gets a free gem in a way, the assassin gets the new updated crit strikes gem essentially, the templar gets a free pen gem, the deadeye gets a free pierce or half chain half lmp gem, duelist gets a free fortify gem. Witch gets free prolif gem... Prolif is used by so few builds right now you could almost justifiably round it to "no one uses prolif". That sums up this subclass as witches flagship caster ascendancy. But in isolation it is a cool class so props to whoever put it together for that, please dont take any of this as hating on you, I know you guys put in so much work and I know what its like to work in a creative industry where you are under criticism. Its appreciated and we love you for what you do.

Too much talk cos last witch class is still waiting to reveal and smth might change before realeasing Ascendancy.
Last edited by Rakiii on Feb 6, 2016, 6:42:20 AM
what a damn 3rds party website with crappy article. damn, where can I find a proper tree without all that trash?
Just make it simple. The nodes with crit are really strong (ignore resist, more crit chance, increase base crit), but the caster nodes without crit are not great to be used comparing to the crit one.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
"
Rakiii wrote:
Too much talk cos last witch class is still waiting to reveal and smth might change before realeasing Ascendancy.

It's because long time players knows how this works.

People who've played witch extensively can see from a mile away this ascendancy class is DoA for most witch self casting builds and despite our extensive knowledge they're not going to change it so that leaves the final reveal as our last hope for a decent ascendancy class but knowing them it's going to be something insanely asinine like curses leaving self casters shafted once again for the foreseeable future.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info