IGN reveals one of the new Witch Ascendancy Classes: The Elementalist

I'm quite disappointed with this ascendancy class.

1 witch class remaining and so many builds left to support. I fear it's not going to happen and witch will be left in the dust.
So far the Ascendant Classes are somewhat related heavily in their starting areas. So here's hoping the 3rd Witch Class is one catered to Wanders...
Just another Forum Signature in a Sea of Signatures.
"
ihasmario wrote:

Mastermind of Discord synergises with multiple element skills, and also conversion.

I think you are wrong. Conversion should not work. Mastermind of Discord reads like :
"... if you've used a Fire Skill..."
So the thing that matters is the keyword and not the type of damage. Discharge, Wild Strike and Elemental Hit should give you always 20% all pen.

Skills like Lightning Warp, Flame Dash/Molten Shell are already used frequently. But Cold skills are not used so frequently for utility. Maybe Ice Spear for power charges or Arctic Breath to slow foes and Frost Wall to keep them at distance. But you don't want to use those skills every 4s. So lightning skills are the ones that don't get free extra pen...

Also i think 20% pen is not that much copared to 10%/100% pen from templar. Because everything in that class is so conditional numbers should be higher.
Loving the Elementalist ! I wish we could spend 9 points in totall instead of 6 :P

P.S.

In b4 Cold Movement skill. :D
Øvè®þðwé® Øvê®®ûn Øvè®çðmé
I've expressed my disappointment with this class elsewhere, but again... I am extraordinarily underwhelmed.

Elemental builds need penetration/reflect/general survivability. This offers... conditional damage boosts if you use tri-elemental skills basically. I even use a dual-elemental build (ball lightning supporting Arctic Breath) and my lightning assist doesn't even give me the measly 20% cold penetration.

Those golems had better be DAMN good for this class to be worth anything at all.

Let's see... would I rather have a) tri-elemental resistance ignoring (Templar Inquisitor), + 3.5% BASE crit and +70% crit multi and aother goodies (Shadow assassin), excellent caster Defense/Utility stuff (Hierophant/Trickster), or this pile of nothing. Hrrrm. Hell, the Marauder Juggernaut, the Duelist's Champion class, and the Ranger Pathfinder all make far, far better elemental casters than this thing.

I'm joining the others in hoping that the third Witch class is actually, you know, good for witch casters. Otherwise, I'll probably have played my last witch, which makes me quite sad.
"
cuchio wrote:
"
ihasmario wrote:

Mastermind of Discord synergises with multiple element skills, and also conversion.

I think you are wrong. Conversion should not work. Mastermind of Discord reads like :
"... if you've used a Fire Skill..."
So the thing that matters is the keyword and not the type of damage.

Arc + Call of the Brotherhood + Pyre + Avatar of Fire = 100% fire damage arc

Arc is lightning tag, and grants fire pen. Luckily we're doing fire damage with our lightning skill

And then if you still want to shock, you can go for three dragons?

:)

It's not even closed to balanced - Lightning is blatantly the best for this ascendency
Last edited by ihasmario on Feb 13, 2016, 4:38:25 AM
Looks like witch gets screwed with ascendancy. At least elemental witches do. Seems like if I want to play a caster that specializes in a single element I have to go the shadow route since they have an ascendancy class more suited for that instead of a class that by name should have the better ability to focus on elemental spells.

Was hoping witch ascendancy would offer some crit chance similar to shadow. Or anything other than EXTREMELY BLAND 10% damage nodes that you see EVERYWHERE else on the regular tree. The only good thing I see on this witch is 100% increased damage for 4 seconds. That was good, everything else is dumpster worthy.

And pretty much needing to use every single element just to take advantage of some of these nodes, makes it fall flat.

This has made me very disappointed with ascendancy. Witch is my favorite class to play, but with such bland ascendancy classes I'll have to play shadow to do a crit caster build. Very very disappointed indeed with my favorite class now.
Path of Exile is STILL one of the most hardcore, time-greedy, soul-crushingly unfair games on the pc today. - CharanJaydemyr
Did anyone notice that they've changed the "Liege of the Primordial" ability from when it was originally announced on the IGN site? Originally this ability read: "10% chance to Summon a Lesser Elemental Golem when you Kill an Enemy with Elemental Damage".

If you go to the official release page on GGG's site, (https://www.pathofexile.com/ascendancy/classes/Elementalist) instead it reads as follows: "40% increased Damage of each Damage Type for which you have a matching Golem. Your Elemental Golems are immune to Elemental Damage. 100% increased effect of bonuses granted by your Elemental Golem"

So I'm assuming this is a buff to Ice Golem, Chaos Golem, and Fire Golems. Right now I'm an Arc build so where's the Lightning Golem gem? I'm assuming Stone Golems aren't applicable to this effect. Also, apparently the very minor bonus that these golems grant us appear to be doubled. (So Fire builds get +40% increased Fire damage along with doubling the +20% damage bonus from a level 20 Fire golem, and Cold builds get +40% increased Cold Damaage along with doubling the +30% increased Critical Chance)

But again, who builds around golems? They aren't tanky enough to survive unless you've built as a summoner (and why would you be specializing as an Elementalist when the Summoner is available) and they don't do enough damage to be a factor at all. This appears to be a rather bland damage increase node.
it's quite a change indeed , i noticed that this morning too
Stone Golem will probably fulfill the 40% Physical Damage Role. IMO Lightning Builds always got the short end of the stick with plenty of Lightning Resistant Enemies at Late Game.
Just another Forum Signature in a Sea of Signatures.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info