[2.4] "The Lawn Mower™" God Tier Blade Vortex / UBER & SHAPER deathless / with video! Atlas Ready!

Hi,

first i want to say thanks for the nice guide.

Now i have some question where i hope to find answers here:

1. I want to start League and go for that character, would you level with BV or go Flame Totem to level? Is it viable to level with BV? Or when would be a great Level to switch to BV?

2. What Class to start: Scion or Witch? What you would prefer for league?
2.1 Witch dont need Skyforth with occultist so i think its better to do with witch
2.2 Scion is maybe the high end perfect class but in league its hard to obtain Skyforth

Comparison:
Witch:
1. Power charge on critical (Forbidden Power) - no need for Skyforth
2. +1 Power charge
3. +1 Curse and then +4/+8% Chaos Damage (Malediction)
4. 10% more Damage against cursed Enemies (Profane Bloom)
5. Immune to stun while on full ES (Vile Bastion) - maybe no need Skyforth because of that
6. A good Amount of Energyshield nodes

Scion:
Berserker:
1. 1,5% Lifeleech (the best!) - possible for another gem
2. 10% more Damage
Assasin:
1. 10% chance to gain a power charge when enemie full life - can this one make up skyforth? I dont think so
Pathfinder:
1. great Flaskstuff

Witch - possible without Skyforth i think because of Power Charges and Stun
Scion (Berserker/Assasin) - maybe possible without Skyforth but harder
Scion (Berserker/Pathfinder) - not possible without Skyforth, but with the best Endgame i think

I hope i get some good answers or thinkings.

Greetings
Hey nice post man, I´m thinkin the same as you, I hope someone could answer your questions...

I think the best option is Witch with occultist, but... Someone that could help us?... Ty guys...
That seems correct that Occultist may be easier early on in the league due to lack of Skyforth, but that Scion will be stronger end-game with high-end gear.

One option would be to play witch initially, and re-level as Scion later on. However, with Scion you can drop the Life Leech gem, which opens up a lot of options. E.g., you could run PCoC rather than Life leech pre-skyforth. Or just have a separate PCoC set-up and run a crit gem in your main setup.

The pathfinder scion node should also help with freeze. As far as stun you could run Lioneye boots for a while (of course no ES there), or just live dangerously. If you have no intention or hope of getting skyforth, then Occultist seems a safer route. Otherwise, Scion seems the better option. And then it's a choice between going witch and rerolling, or just grinding it out with Scion until you get the gear.

But that's just my take and I'll gladly defer to the OP or others with more experience with the build.
"
"
jdx3001 wrote:
What interests me the most about going scion is being able to drop two gems from the links. You can pick up the 2 duration clusters in the tree and get life leech from the class. So question is what gives more dps? 2 damage gems or the assassin class with lots of multi. Tough decision. Not sure how great some of the % damage again full life nodes will be since there will be so many blades out and not all hit at once. Really not sure what direction I will go.
when i get both duration clusters and dropp duration gem i get 45 charges max thats with 20 haste and 21 spell echo

Ok thanks, that clears up my decision in which way to go then. Finally can say im ready.
"
Emet_PoE wrote:
That seems correct that Occultist may be easier early on in the league due to lack of Skyforth, but that Scion will be stronger end-game with high-end gear.

One option would be to play witch initially, and re-level as Scion later on. However, with Scion you can drop the Life Leech gem, which opens up a lot of options. E.g., you could run PCoC rather than Life leech pre-skyforth. Or just have a separate PCoC set-up and run a crit gem in your main setup.

The pathfinder scion node should also help with freeze. As far as stun you could run Lioneye boots for a while (of course no ES there), or just live dangerously. If you have no intention or hope of getting skyforth, then Occultist seems a safer route. Otherwise, Scion seems the better option. And then it's a choice between going witch and rerolling, or just grinding it out with Scion until you get the gear.

But that's just my take and I'll gladly defer to the OP or others with more experience with the build.

Hmm, yeah Scion (Beserker + some other class) looks better for end-game. The Pcoc mechanic from Occultist can be overcome with a PCoC gem, since you save one gem slot by not using life-leech. A different setup Blade Vortex + PCoC gem can work too. The ES regen from Occultist is nice but a bit redundant, since you will out-leech the regen most of the time. And I don't think the 'cannot be stunned on full ES' node is so safe, but it is better than nothing of course. The Scion subclass will add much more to the build in the end, but getting stunned is the big problem.
The way I see it a Lioneye's Paws or an Eye of Chayula is mandatory, since I don't see myself ever obtaining a Skyforth.
I will probably roll Occultist, since it is the cheapest option

Edit: I'm actually not sure. Decisions, decisions... I like scion's Beserker keystone, but don't know what other class to choose. Pathfinder, assassin or occultist?
Last edited by bl3nd3d on Mar 3, 2016, 6:08:43 PM
Been following this for the last days since I'm going to play CI / LL Blade Vortex too. You have discussed the different ASC classes (Scion, Occultist and to a certain extent Pathfinder).

Occultist:
- The power charge is convenient, since I can be quite lazy at times. Its not necessary, but provides some extra gems/links (if needed) and it's more damage.

- The extra ES utility and defense is nice. But I dont know how strong it will be. Im concerned that it could be lackluster and 4 asc points are wasted.

Scion:
- Free leech from berserker
- Easy access to both inc duration clusters
- Extra base crit and pwr charge duration from Assassin
- Flask utility from Pathfinder

- Scion is very ,very strong. No doubt about that. If you choose Berserker and Assassin you have 2 extra links (at least 1.5) with Life leech and base crit. On top of that you can see if you also can skip inc duration because you can pick up extra duration nodes. Though I dont that.

Pathfinder
- Flasks are super strong, but you will waste some points. Not the optimal pathing and VoV has been nerfed. Dont know if this is viable.

Trickster
- I dont understand why no one mention the trickster. He seems super strong to me. And fast.

- Extra ES (+es utility), dodge and Evasion + ms. Strong 4 points.
- 20% attack and cast speed when used a movement skill. Amazing. Faster whirling blades and helping to keep up blade vortex charges. Perfect for fast maps.

Conclusion:
- A lot of strong options for sure. I have been thinking about going Occultist all the way from the reveal. The 4p ES were heavily nerfed and im questioning if its gonna be lackluster or still powerful.
- Trickster is an of ten overlooked pick. How good is the 4p defensive path compared to Occultist's?
- Scion seems like a nice pick with free life leech, free base crit, easy reach for both duration clusters
- Pathfinder seems weaker than the other choices.

Damn, someone help me deciding.
"Hodor", said Hodor
blasting cap are you going to have a updated tree for the witch when the patch hits or did not just not see the post with it in there
My Gear

Uber works nice..1 death per run

8406 Es /Occultist

Resis not full 59/29/75 but handle it with Flasks

Ty for this build. I love it
Last edited by exileferl on Mar 25, 2016, 2:11:27 AM
Added updated 2.2 skill trees for Witch and Scion. Still testing ascendancy class options for both classes.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info