[2.5] Summon Raging Inferno ( 6L flame golems) - atziri 5L - 5 curse support!

Yea I got my clay shapers and its super fun atm. Trying to figure out if I should be running both resist curses or flammability and temporal though, since I can only handle two till i get the helm.
"
enderfalls wrote:
Yea I got my clay shapers and its super fun atm. Trying to figure out if I should be running both resist curses or flammability and temporal though, since I can only handle two till i get the helm.

You can still have the three curses set up, and if you feel you are doing hard content, switch one curse off and turn on temp chains
Main characters: Deep_water - AnomaIy - Artica
Build guides: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1602863
Nvm
IGN: Scordalia_
Last edited by Caliginosus on Mar 12, 2016, 1:24:56 AM
This build looks like a whole new flavour of summoner!

Could it be tweaked for other golems for example chaos golems and wither totems?
"
GunHulk wrote:

Could it be tweaked for other golems for example chaos golems and wither totems?

The only thing really tailored to the fire golems are the curses and the links with it. You could easily swap it out then play around with it.

From using the fire golems now through cruel, their projectile attack is stupid strong, and with both resist curses and abyssal cry up up, one volley can wipe out blue packs/yellow mobs. That may be what makes it viable, but who knows.
"
enderfalls wrote:
"
GunHulk wrote:

The only thing really tailored to the fire golems are the curses and the links with it. You could easily swap it out then play around with it.

From using the fire golems now through cruel, their projectile attack is stupid strong, and with both resist curses and abyssal cry up up, one volley can wipe out blue packs/yellow mobs. That may be what makes it viable, but who knows.

well,for chaos golems: you cold try poison, double dipping on minion damage might be an option there..
But chaos golems are generally more tanky than flame golems and your only dps boosting curse would be vulnerability, so dont expect too much..
You could try Chaos golem, Minion Damage, Poison, Empower, Void Manipulation and something else.. maybe Controlled destruction, although im not sure if CD is that effective...
Curse whise you would propably run Vulnerability and Temporal Chains, maybe adding Punishment or Enfeeble..
"
GunHulk wrote:

As others have also mentioned, flame golem does by far, the highest damage. Mostly because of their projectile attack in addition to burn. The Burn is 20% of the hit, but is multiplied by x% minion damage. For me, that number is 350%.

I have a chaos golem i can test, and i have a theory for ice golem, but they will still be sub-par

Edit:

I tested chaos golem lvl 20 and ice golem lvl 19 in the docks. Chaos golem was...okay, the degen aura still was not very good though. Ice golem seemed to be the worst for killing packs.

I did not thoroughly test each golem, but 1 fire golem kills faster than 3 of the other golems.
Last edited by DreamScythe on Mar 13, 2016, 1:35:34 AM
"
DreamScythe wrote:
"
GunHulk wrote:

Edit:

I tested chaos golem lvl 20 and ice golem lvl 19 in the docks. Chaos golem was...okay, the degen aura still was not very good though. Ice golem seemed to be the worst for killing packs.

I did not thoroughly test each golem, but 1 fire golem kills faster than 3 of the other golems.

Fire golem it is then. Thanks for testing.
Last edited by GunHulk on Mar 13, 2016, 3:58:56 AM
Hi there, I'm the guy behind this "[PoE] Flame Golem vs Atziri" video. I didn't play much with golem since 2.2, and you have more PvE experience with it than me. But, I have some points, questions.

You are using lvl 21 gem with lvl 3 empower, in plain (not +1 gems) item. You go from lvl 21 to lvl 23. Assuming base dmg numbers from wiki are correct, it is only 21% More damage. That is weaker than for example Controlled destruction gem (44% at lvl 20). On the other hand for me going from lvl 24 to lvl 28 (lvl 4 empower in +1/+2 staff) is 47% more damage.

You are necromancer. Bone offering is crazy good even after 2.2 nerf. But I feel like you are wasting its potential using MoM. You have no way to quickly replenish your Energy Shield, so if you go to zero ES, all damage will be taken to your small life pool, and you might get one-shotted. In my opinion pure life build is the way to go.

I never felt the need to use Blasphemy curses on a summoner build. You have time to do the cursing yourself. But I always had second 6l for curse on hit setup (6l chest in staff srs build and Whispering Ice in specre summoner build). For a chest + double 1h build I would consider blasphemy temp chains + 2 dmg curses with ball lightning CoH. Or 2 blasphemy + 1 CoH. This allow you to use some "real" auras. Adding 4th curse with +1 curse ammy is also possible (Stone of Lazhwar is good with bone offering and Sidhebreath is decent and shouldn't be too expensive).

Animate Guardian with Dying Breath + Leer cast would be nice boost to your minions and curses, but I'm not sure if you can find a room for it (at least 2l), because of all those bugged gems hard to see your exact setup.
Last edited by SteKrz on Mar 13, 2016, 5:29:50 AM
"
SteKrz wrote:

You are using lvl 21 gem with lvl 3 empower, in plain (not +1 gems) item. You go from lvl 21 to lvl 23. Assuming base dmg numbers from wiki are correct, it is only 21% More damage. That is weaker than for example Controlled destruction gem (44% at lvl 20). On the other hand for me going from lvl 24 to lvl 28 (lvl 4 empower in +1/+2 staff) is 47% more damage.

You are necromancer. Bone offering is crazy good even after 2.2 nerf. But I feel like you are wasting its potential using MoM. You have no way to quickly replenish your Energy Shield, so if you go to zero ES, all damage will be taken to your small life pool, and you might get one-shotted. In my opinion pure life build is the way to go.

I never felt the need to use Blasphemy curses on a summoner build. You have time to do the cursing yourself. But I always had second 6l for curse on hit setup (6l chest in staff srs build and Whispering Ice in specre summoner build). For a chest + double 1h build I would consider blasphemy temp chains + 2 dmg curses with ball lightning CoH. Or 2 blasphemy + 1 CoH. This allow you to use some "real" auras. Adding 4th curse with +1 curse ammy is also possible (Stone of Lazhwar is good with bone offering and Sidhebreath is decent and shouldn't be too expensive).

Before 2.2, my build used to be 6L staff fire golem supplemented by 4L srs and ran 3 curse auras and 2 other auras (haste/discipline). When I switched from the staff to the two maces, I completely forgot about controlled destruction and continued with almost the same setup.

Does controlled destruction affect flame golem and its ignite damage? I know flame golem says "spell" at the top, but I was never sure if the damage was affected by controlled destruction.

My old version used to have around 5.4k es - and could easily achieve up to 7k es with better gear (this was the shavs version). Before I tested out life/MoM version, I believed the high life-pool was better until I gave it a try. Needless to say, MoM seems far superior, the gameplay is smooth and easy.

Since we should not be tanking mobs, the current es regen is more than enough. We dont need very much mana to cast spells. Temp chains is a huge defensive component to the build, which makes it very easy to dodge attacks.

By going pure life (no MoM), we would save minimum 6 points on my skill tree, and possibly rearrange the right side of the scion. But out of those points, we would need to focus on aura nodes if planning on using more than one additional aura. Secondly, you would need more mana regen from gear/skill tree, or would need a blood magic gem.

At a glance, pure life version gains
-life regen to healthpool
-higher hp for Bone offering to work off of
-one additional aura - maybe 2

Cons:
-no MoM means mobs hit much harder
-loses gmp and faster casting with ball lightning
-lack of gmp makes curse coverage a little annoying on large packs/ very mobile single mobs.
-may have mana issues (blood magic I believe is out of the question)

To be honest, you have some very good points. I do like the idea of having life regen apply to a 5k+ hp-pool. That being said, I love the feel of the build in its current state. I believe the scenario of running out of es is very unlikely to occur since the build is very mobile and very easy to avoid being hit. I dont plan to remove MoM, but if someone else would like to go pure life, please post an update here! =D

btw are you Stefan_yolo?

edit: ill be uploading a full atziri run with a 5L, ran it yesterday but didnt have time to convert the video for youtube.
Last edited by DreamScythe on Mar 13, 2016, 10:39:18 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info