[2.5] Summon Raging Inferno ( 6L flame golems) - atziri 5L - 5 curse support!

"
obuw wrote:
I've been wanting to play a golemancer for a while and I'd like to try this build, buying gear for it now.

However I can't afford to fork out 5ex+ for a 6L geofri. Should I go for a 5L geofri, or a 6L rare chest?

Tabula Rasa worked great until me and my friend obtained a skin of the loyal 6l
Main characters: Deep_water - AnomaIy - Artica
Build guides: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1602863
Is the skin of the loyal really that good? I'd lose 10% of my life, 15% of my ES, 15% resists (making this build even more expensive/impossible to gear for), and require 2 extra skill points for ZO. All for +1 to flame golem?

I'll be on the lookout for a cheap RGBBBB skin of the loyal, and see how it goes I guess. Using a 5L geofri at the moment.

Another question - regarding Assassin's Mark; how good is it really? 3 power charges gives 30% crit chance, which translates to about 9% more damage on regular mobs (minions have 130% crit mult, right?). And 39% crit chance, 150% mult for nearly +20% more damage on marked mobs. I guess the burning damage is the real reason you use this? I'm using enfeeble + tchains in my setup (because I don't have 30ex+ to equip myself with godly rares and jewels I need a bit more protection). So I need to drop one of the offensive curses. Not sure if I should be dropping assassin's mark or elemental weakness.

I guess EW might be better than AM because it doesn't rely on the golems killing stuff in order to boost their damage (which helps more in bossfights I guess?)

Regarding Animate Guardian - why do you use a bringer of rain instead of a leer cast?
Can someone answer a couple of noob questions for me? I played Diablo for ~15 years but I'm still struggling with some of the skill-gem mechanisms from POE.

1) How are you getting more than 3 golems? You get 1 from the base gem and 1 from each of 2 Clayshapers for a total of 3. Is there something else in this build that grants the 4th and 5th golem?

2) Curses and auras - are you casting all of these manually every few seconds (or as needed for certain fights)? When I see a build that calls for 3, 4, or 5 curses I imagine you leaping into the fray, mashing 3-5 skills, then clearing the trash. Is that what you're doing here, or are some of these auto-cast by other skills or triggers?

It's tough for me from the videos to tell which skills you are actively using (except for the leap slam and lightning balls). There's a lot going on there.

I just learned that you can cast SRS via a totem and that rocked my world. Now I'm wondering what other shortcuts I'm missing out on.
I'm new to this build this league, as I was looking for something different.

My main question for this is why don't you have any auras beyond clarity level 1? The increased attack and cast speed from commander of darkness seems like it would be better than an extra curse or two. Plus the prism guardian would allow easily adding 2-3 auras.

I'm assuming someone has already done the calculations and the extra golem with only 1 aura was more beneficial, just thought I'd ask to confirm.

Plus after buying the jewels, I'm broke as all hell.. just barely scraped together enough for a 5L geofri's. Does anyone have a link to a hybrid tree rather than the MoM/EB build on the OP? I think I'd prefer to try this.

Thanks!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info