[2.4] CI Bladefall Trapper - High tier mapping - EV/ES/Block - Updating for 2.4.

Great build and guide. So far its been one of the most enjoyable builds Ive played yet. Im curious though. Do the shrapnel jewels get replaced with higher tiers of gear or are they best in slot if youre after pure damage?
I originally thought that perfect 4 prop jewel could replace coated shrapnel purely mathematically but not practically

I was wrong

Even if you didn't choose trap cd as your replacement gem instead of poison you would most likely use following setup(mathematically highest dmg):

Bladefall - Trap - Trap dmg - Conc effect - Cluster traps - Controlled destruction

Weakest multiplier in that setup is Cont. destruction because it doesn't double dip but its still 44% more so you can basically look at coated shrapnel as 11% more damage per jewel, and i think 2% more total damage from added flat phys

My tree and gear has well over 400% increased so to get a jewel that would give you 13% more would be impossible

But this is all moot point since you should use trap cd, i cannot reccommend it enough, i almost doubled my clear speed after i started using it and i can pull of sub 3 min maps on good layouts

It made my gameplay far more enjoyable than before
IGN JustifiedF
Last edited by Justifi3d on Jun 12, 2016, 7:39:54 AM
Small update on where I am at;

Gear:

Spoiler

I went saboteur like you suggested; Overall feeling is that I need to get rid off DeerStalker ASAP and get 6-link. Although getting 4/5 off-colours is going to impossible, while splendour is 2-3 ex right now for the es version which is crap.

I'm at 7.6k es.

I also find that dmg is meh ... I expected more, I died 2 times to merci izaro (end-fight) because of bad placement on my part. Anyway third is the charm and he is down :). If I had more dmg to hit him with I woudln't have to move around so much and it would have been alot safer in general. So I guess that's a trade-off you make. I also didn't change specifically for boss killing. What would you suggest for that?

Anyway my tooltip dps is sitting around 4-6k depending on charges and flasks. (Compared to 42k on the crit build :s)
Last edited by sklipnoty on Jun 12, 2016, 8:22:09 AM
Merciless Izaro was giving you trouble? Idk man i'm facerolling Uber Izaro with deerstalker, i did almost 10 runs so far but i can't get the damn boot enchant

I switch Trap cooldown for Conc Effect in that fight

WHy aren't you using Chayula, you have no stun mitigation at all, i think that might be a bigger issue

you also have no way to get rid of bleed, no way to prevent being frozen and no way to remove curses currently which are all detrimental issues for CI builds

Look if you're chasing tooltip dps go Assasin, but that's literally all you're gonna get

your maps are gonna take forever and your survivability will be worse

I bet you i clear faster with my 5,5k tooltip than any 30-40k Assasin out there and i'm willing to put money where my mouth is, i haven't had much time to play during weekend due to RL obligations but starting next week i'll have all of my gear

Tooltip DPS is irrelevant, i could boost my tooltip to insane numbers and do less than someone with garbage tooltip dps, When i was doing Uber runs last league i had sub 10k

ALready have Heretic's, Boots, Gloves, Lvl 3 Enlighten, +1 curse ammy, i just need to get Splendour and 5L it and i'll move onto red maps to record few runs

IGN JustifiedF
Last edited by Justifi3d on Jun 12, 2016, 2:36:19 PM
"
Justifi3d wrote:
Merciless Izaro was giving you trouble? Idk man i'm facerolling Uber Izaro with deerstalker, i did almost 10 runs so far but i can't get the damn boot enchant

I switch Trap cooldown for Conc Effect in that fight

WHy aren't you using Chayula, you have no stun mitigation at all, i think that might be a bigger issue

you also have no way to get rid of bleed, no way to prevent being frozen and no way to remove curses currently which are all detrimental issues for CI builds

Look if you're chasing tooltip dps go Assasin, but that's literally all you're gonna get

your maps are gonna take forever and your survivability will be worse

I bet you i clear faster with my 5,5k tooltip than any 30-40k Assasin out there and i'm willing to put money where my mouth is, i haven't had much time to play during weekend due to RL obligations but starting next week i'll have all of my gear

Tooltip DPS is irrelevant, i could boost my tooltip to insane numbers and do less than someone with garbage tooltip dps, When i was doing Uber runs last league i had sub 10k

ALready have Heretic's, Boots, Gloves, Lvl 3 Enlighten, +1 curse ammy, i just need to get Splendour and 5L it and i'll move onto red maps to record few runs

I'm following your way man chill :)

I'll swap the amulet, fact is that I haven't gotten the stun problems yet. But I'll put it in anyway I'm doging most of the stuff anyway atm. Yeah I feel like merci izaro takes too long to kill. I can down him but I couldn't carry my buddy for example. (Well he died, I didn't lolz)

Perhaps I'll make a video or something and then you can give me some feedback one of these days :)

I'm not arguing that map clearspeed is better as assassin, just stating the facts man.

Mapping, this is def. the way to go, boss killing ... I dunno perhaps it's 20/20 gems or so. But It feels rather slow.

Anyway I'm saving up for Splendour but they are pretty expensive atm ... :)

Last edited by sklipnoty on Jun 12, 2016, 4:45:12 PM
nah don't get it as me being upset

it's just that i've had discussions with people since the league started about Assassin, toxic delivery and stuff like that

And i'd actually be pretty sad if people gimp themselves going asssassin, i mean sure you could just perma uber atziri and Assassin MIGHT be slightly better for that, but to get to Uber you need levels and you need gear

Unless you're willing to die a lot i guess

I mean full yolo Tabula Assasin will probably be ok for farming Uber, don't even need CI but you can forget about leveling cause you'll be dying at least once every run, most likely to trash or you're gonna take ages to clear trash

And that's what i intended the build to do, level, not die and have overall enjoyable experience with traps, i don't play a build unless it can level to at least like 93+ safely and easily and i wanted to transition that experience into the build, everything else you try and change, you're welcome to do it

After all you're playing your character, not me, but from personal experience which is very extensive i can tell you that trap cooldown will limit you 5x more than the damage ever will

Tips for Izaro:

Use Conc effect instead of trap cooldown in your links

Use decoy totem, with proper decoy totem use you shouldn't ever be hit by Izaro

Don't be wasteful with your flasks, only use them when you need to reposition and can put yourself in danger by doing that, if you're safe at range and he's hitting your decoy totem don't pop them

Have proper flask setup with proper suffixes, what i personally use:

Rumi - Atziri - Kiara(for freeze and curse mostly) - Basalt of Armor - Mana of Staunching

I find Basalt more useful than Jade vs Izaro cause with enfeeble + blind he has very low chance to hit you with attacks anyways and that extra phys reduction is more useufl in that figth from personal experience

Hopefully the uber lab won't be bugged again tomorrow so i'll record a run to see how i behave in that fight
IGN JustifiedF
Last edited by Justifi3d on Jun 12, 2016, 5:50:10 PM
I downed atziri https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmydQcsnoow

Anyway right now I'm prioritizing 6-linked Splendour.

Deaths could have been avoided, anyway I'll try to get 20/20 aswell :)

In any case thx for the build, it's really fun :)
OK, now to help you do better, not because i hate you but because i want you to have a more enjoyable experience:

1)Get Vaal Lightning trap asap, it will boost your damage immensely

2)Judging by the damage you're doing you didn't swap trap cooldown for Conc Effect in Atziri, it will be much better than trap cooldown

3)You need proper flasks, Sorrow of the divine is poop and i talked about it in my video, for Atziri fight you need a grounding flask and remove chill and freeze for double vaal and for trash clear, for trio you need Basalt or Granite of Staunching, you also need staunching flask for general mapping, for atziri herself i also use a Topaz of grounding because flameblasts are easier to avoid than red storm calls, you should always dodge gold storm calls

Flasks are very important

3)Get rid of that Quicksilver, you're using whirling blades so you don't have to use quicksilver, you shouldn't ever be walking for more than a second

4)Get a decoy totem and level it as much as your strength allows you, with it, bosses shouldn't ever be tagetting you

5) Don't walk into packs, use your range, it doesn't matter in a zone with this low lvl but it will kill you in high maps
IGN JustifiedF
updated with new videos

more content as i level up and acquire remainder of my gear

slightly reformatted and cleaned up the guide and made it easier to read
IGN JustifiedF
EDIT: nevermind, I misread the passive trees :p

nice guide!
Last edited by Milven on Jun 16, 2016, 2:54:49 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info