[2.4] CI Bladefall Trapper - High tier mapping - EV/ES/Block - Updating for 2.4.

Completely understandable and certainly no need to apologize, you put the guide up in the first place after all. Thank you for the update. Really hoping this gets to be my first 100. Kind of sad, I've been playing the game since launch and I don't think I've ever topped 75.
rule no1 of leveling to high levels is to have fun, if you don't have fun no matter how fast or good your build is you won't push it

You can usually tell if the build is fun to you by the time you move into mid tier maps, if you get the feeling that you can't wait to do another map and you wanna play more and more then the build is for you

if you feel grind is getting tedious maybe it's time to move on to other things

I had cases where people told me they don't feel the build, not because it's bad but because it's just not their style and i get it, trappers aren't for everyone, especially for people addicted to clear speed and doing sub 2 min maps

Like i'm pushing the clear speed as far as it goes this patch but i don't think it will ever be able to compete with COC, Shield Charge etc. just due to nature of movement speed scaling and trap cooldowns
IGN JustifiedF
Makes sense. I honestly don't know how I feel about trapper, I just know they are one of the only builds that can clear 100% of content. All maps, all mod combos, uber, T15, etc. I don't care much for clear speed, I just hate being denied content.

Also, I think your second progression passive tree might be broken.

What is your opinion on taking both controlled destruction and concentrated effect instead of trap cooldown? If you're doing sab do you need much more cooldown?

Also, I notice you level with various traps. I don't know if you want any recommendations, but I'm finding leveling with Ethereal Knives, then Blade Vortex, has been vastly easier than leveling with traps. Following your exact same passive tree since it gives so much +phys, no changes. I might even skip multi-trap and just keep vortex until Cluster at this rate. Triple Herald is crazy with BV, especially if you have a Reverb. Never would have even thought of the triple if you hadn't mentioned it though, I always thought having all three up was just too much reserve, but with reverb it is smooth as silk. Even better when you can do Herald of Ice + Hatred :D ice cubes everywhere
Last edited by sutasafaia on Jun 10, 2016, 3:11:36 PM
Great build. Love it so far. T11s with ease. Running at about 9K ES and just picked up vaal light trap, definitely helps on bosses. Went the route of four coated shrapnel and extra ES. Using conc instead of cool down, but may go back to cool down for clear speed.

Started CI, went back to life then respected into CI and CI is definitely the way to go.

Thanks for the guide and the continued communication.
I see you get 5 jewel socket nodes, what kind of jewels are you looking for outside of the coated shrapnel?
eh, leveling to 28 is so fast that i don't bother with efficiency, i'll just usually pick up a bunch of skills and spam them all, ek and blade vortex including but traps usually have better aoe, if you can get a 3l for your lightning trap it actually clears pretty decent even with only few damage nodes

but you can do whatever you want and it will work

As far as Trap cooldown goes, i was doing Uber Lab runs yesterday and i had conc effect in my links instead of cooldown and i accidentally entered a map with that setup

Holy shit i cannot go back to waiting for traps, i just can't, i got used to trap cooldown and it's far superior in maps

I didn't exactly time it with a stop watch but you lose something like 1-1,5 min per map if you don't use trap cooldown

And for me it's also not as much about clear speed as sheer enjoyment, not having to wait for traps is so much smoother gameplay and much more enjoyable experience

I use the jewel slot near Melding for Energy from Within, it's very good ES per node, especially if you use shitter gear like most of us are atm

I did get some nice pieces for later but still a lot of money to be spent:

IGN JustifiedF

Would this belt be any good in this build? I'm a complete noob when it comes to trappers :/
no, since you have chain reaction with saboteur the belt would do absolutely nothing for you except give you some trap damage

Either use magnate for better flask sustain(way way more useful than extra dmg and magnate also gives some damage itself)

or use a rare belt with stats you need
IGN JustifiedF
Old school player here who's been away from the game for a long time. I'm making my first trapper ever in phc. I was wondering how much you value the 2 additional traps from master sapper. It seems really inefficient to head all the way down.

Skipping that would allow us an extra curse and maybe Zealot's Oath. I thought scaling curse effect was a good way for double dipping phys/poison and making our defensive curse(s) better.

As said I have no experience with traps or even with ES. Could you take a look at these trees? It's closer to the bladefall miner trees I've seen around.

High ES

Or a bit more dmg, less ES

Or pick up Zealot's Oath and 3% life regen

Or are the 2 additional traps from master sapper a must have? Anyways I'm only in cruel now, lvling fine with bladefall/cluster/trap dmg/trap cooldown in deerstalker. Rest of my gear is utterly garbage. =)

Last edited by Icebaby on Jun 11, 2016, 7:32:58 AM
if you grab the entire master sapper cluster which i plan to eventually it turns out to be ~6% trap damage per node taking into account travel nodes, that's about the equivalent of a random ~10% phys/spell/dot node because trap damage double dips

it's not terribly inefficient if you consider the utility of extra traps and frenzy charges

you would need to get that dex somewhere anyways and if you have to get it on gear it means extra resist loss cause you'd need to spend another suffix on attributes, you're already strained on strength so now you're lacking 2 attributes which is hard to compensate

i wouldn't personally go for double curse on the tree, getting it from gear is much less of a loss, it's basically only currency loss and i explained earlier why i don't value triple curse for general mapping which is my main focus this league

zealoths oath is also not worth the points nor is the regen

scaling curse effect is something you do if you're only farming uber atziri, which judging by the market last i checked isn't that profitable compared to mapping unless you're willing to commit dozens of runs

Uber Lab seems better to farm than Atziri and i've been doing that with less than 9k ES and Deerstalkers

IGN JustifiedF
Last edited by Justifi3d on Jun 11, 2016, 7:46:26 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info