D3 Patch notes VS PoE patch notes

"
tryhardgg wrote:
I m fully geared in d3 , played 2 days hahahaa

What do you mean by fully geared? cause you can be fully geared in PoE in less then 5mins

If by Best gear you can get then you should feel great after never having got fully geared on PoE ever in all the time anyone has played (i don't have one piece of gear that is maxed yet nor do i think i ever will)

Getting new gear in PoE in later lvls is almost non existent as alot of my cars still use low lvl junk cause theres never an upgrade and it sucks to me at least

HUDUR:
Better to have maxed gear then no maxed gear ever D3 wins
"
yungwhiz wrote:
"
Blizzard probably think their typical Diablo 3 player is easily impressed and equates bigger numbers to more absolute power with no regard to scale. That their typical Diablo 3 player has no time for this maths bullshit.

They're probably right.

The numbers are higher to ensure that anyone who didnt buy the expansion feels left out and that they should. The bigger numbers between patches is to establish a feeling of progression. If your dps for a build in POE was 30K last patch and it goes up to 35 you say "awesome". If you were hitting for a million damage last patch in D3 and it goes up to one mil 50k you say "meh". So it has to go to 1 mil 300 k, and so on and so forth every single patch which is how they go where they are now. What you said is what people tell them selves to feel like they are smart for playing one video game over another. If you followed every D3 player to their work you would discover the same doctors/lawyers/engineers/professors/basement dwelling reddit scum that pretend they are geniuses for figuring out numbers in a video game. Video games do not matter.

Seriously. All the fanboy-ism for either game is cringe-inducing.

D3 wasn't so dissimilar to poe prior to reaper of souls. Also in d3 vanilla paragon 100 was sufficiently grindy to be challenging but finite. Nowadays that game can hold my attention for two weeks, no more than that. Scaling numbers on identical rifts, loot and paragon levels is not my idea of endgame although I'm sure botters love it.
Last edited by ladish on Feb 2, 2016, 7:14:41 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info