D3 Patch notes VS PoE patch notes

So while my closest friends want me to play D3 I looked at D3 notes and my god this is basically the outline

D3
BUFF
BUFF
BUFF
BUFF
BUFF
BUFF X 100000000000000000
BUFF FOTM

PoE
BUFF
BUFF
BUFF
BUFF
NERF X FOTM
NERF X 10000000000

You know sometimes maybe I am thankful for some nerfs I suppose even if most of them are fucking stupid aka summon stupid spirits.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Ha D3 it's hilarious

New set's released, your main skill now does 150000% damage.

"ok".

I'm playing it a bit though, i simply love the monk gameplay, it's the only thing that makes me play that game.

But seriously those damage numbers lel, 250 mill/400 mill/180 mill yeah.....

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"

You know sometimes maybe I am thankful for some nerfs I suppose even if most of them are fucking stupid aka summon stupid spirits.

You don't sound thankful.

I prefer PoE approach. They shouldn't balance things by buffing only. You can only hurt game difficulty and progression path this way. Diablo 3 with its Skill damage x6 unique items/ Skill damage x20 sets shows it, I hate it when I swap 2,3 items and suddenly, I deal 60 TIMES MORE DMG. Everything I achieved up to this point - irrelevant, I was supposed to pick these exact items or forget about progression. Ugh...

What do you mean SRS nerf? Haven't played summonner recently. From patch notes and other sources I assembled: 40% dmg nerf at lvl 20, you cast faster and spirits last longer, so you can maintain 2.2x as much spirits as before, totalling 30% damage increase on average. Sounds like buff to me. Also, did they buff their damage effectivenes to 100% so they synergise exceptionally well with wrath/anger auras?

Not a signature.
hahahahahaaha AHHHHHHHHHH he said what SRS nerf?

Ah that's funny.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Care to elaborate? Was thinking of summoner on Ascendancy. Breath. Focus. Explain what was nerfed. Don't be shy, give some numbers, I would be happy to learn somethign I don't know :)
Not a signature.
D3 has a Public Test Realm (PTR) where new patches are tested for a few weeks before they make it to the live servers. Players get massively increased drop rates on the PTR to help with testing builds and such (gets deleted later on). In case of D3's latest major patch, there were a lot of nerfs during the PTR phase.

D3 is still releasing major patches even though they don't have on-going revenue from the game. They also made the extra stash tabs into rewards, and earnable, instead of selling them. (They did in Asia, but in the US/OZ/EU zones, they are rewards.)

I was very disappointed when D3 came out, but I think they have gotten their act together since. At least as well as they could considering what the new team started with. I don't really play it because I don't have time for multiple ARPGs, but if the game had started out the way it is now, I'd probably have stuck with it.
D3 is a good game, but it gets boring after a while. I played the game for like 20-25 days reached till gr60 solo, and was really bored. I mean the later difficulties are like buffing monster dmg/life, no change in game mechanics. You just need ancient gear and that's it. The end game is a big let down.
And here I am playing PoE still and loving it :). I really like that they nerf OP builds, that gives opportunities to try new builds and brings variety, I like variety of builds in talisman better than the last league where like 3 of 6 party members were running incinerate :D.
"
Tereng wrote:
D3 is a good game, but it gets boring after a while. I played the game for like 20-25 days reached till gr60 solo, and was really bored. I mean the later difficulties are like buffing monster dmg/life, no change in game mechanics. You just need ancient gear and that's it. The end game is a big let down.
And here I am playing PoE still and loving it :). I really like that they nerf OP builds, that gives opportunities to try new builds and brings variety, I like variety of builds in talisman better than the last league where like 3 of 6 party members were running incinerate :D.

That end game is all people asked for since back in the day farming Act 1 inferno pots for gold to buy gear on the auction house to barely pass Act 2 inferno was how it was done. When they made inferno easier and all there was to do was farm act 4 bosses people wanted something more, like totally random locations they could do instead of Act 4 and that's what we got with rifts. Unfortunately the only way they could make those harder was by multiplying monster damage by 10.

I think my biggest problem with Diablo is how anybody can switch to any build at any time and when you see someone who's a Wizard you don't think "are they a cold wizard?," they're just a wizard. Sure the items you get will dictate what your build becomes (mostly) but it's not nearly as great as PoE where you see a witch that could be anything
just an FYI, they posted a development blog post, to fix the ridiculous damage numbers

my demon hunter impale skill right now hits for 6186M, which is 6 billion

i find the season 5 items in d3 interesting, but the damage scaling is just way out of wack.
I need more purple titles
After farming my ass of to get 2 chars to lvl 90 in talisman, D3 was a real refresh to me and is very fun to play.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info