[2.3 Video Guide] Tanky Beginners Contagion/Essence Drain Occultist [HC/SC & Atziri Viable]

Answering questions tonight guys. If you feel like it, come say hello on www.twitch.tv/liftingnerdbro I will be streaming in an hour or so :)
Weekly build guides: Youtube.com/LiftingNerdBro
Daily live streams: Twitch.tv/LiftingNerdBro
Friendly PoE community: Discord.gg/Lifting
Awesome build, is it worth spending 5 points for "Essence Surge"? for the extra shield regen or maybe going for blast radius for the Aoe + dmg increase.
"
Seulo wrote:
Awesome build, is it worth spending 5 points for "Essence Surge"? for the extra shield regen or maybe going for blast radius for the Aoe + dmg increase.

Not necessary at all mate. And the aoe nodes only increase the damage of contagion, and since you aren't using that for the damage, but just to spread the curse then that is a waste :)
I changed the tree a little and have the +1 curse at the top left, is there any good clusters to make my curses stronger I should pick up? I know it makes me less tanky but I play with friends so dual curses is good for our party play :D

but I do need some help on a CI contagion/essence drain build tree. Right now I'm at 6k ES and 3k life and feel like I could use CI better. Are there any good trees that have been reviewed or created for this build?
Last edited by GGZII on Mar 8, 2016, 7:27:00 PM
Hi, can i have the Scion passive tree for this? I'm not sure how one would convert from a Witch passive tree to a Scion.
Sorry, there are no Scion trees as that is no longer supported - it simply isn't optimal :)
"
Nethicite wrote:
Hi, can i have the Scion passive tree for this? I'm not sure how one would convert from a Witch passive tree to a Scion.

Just level a witch imo
Would this be a good idea?
On a 6-link, instead of using empower, i could use poison as the last support gem.
I know Contagion doesn't spread poison but what if i use the Bino's Kitchen Knife that when a poisoned enemy dies it spreads the poison to the other mobs, adding more DPS.
Also + 30% Increased damage overtime.
Thx for the build Lift!
Can you help with the end game build for me and other players?
Skill tree changes,gems,equip?
Thx for the build again!
"
denjoyfrost wrote:
Thx for the build Lift!
Can you help with the end game build for me and other players?
Skill tree changes,gems,equip?
Thx for the build again!

I am not sure what you are asking here mate? It is the same build for endgame. The reason I call it a beginners build is because it allows you to start using the build with very little currency investment :)
Last edited by LiftingNerdBro on Mar 9, 2016, 6:11:03 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info