[2.2][hc/sc][cheap/atziri with only a 4link][insane aoe][ +100k dps] [fast clear][tutorial video]

_____________________________ THE DARKNESS BALL!!!_______________________

Hi everyone! recently i came across a special jewel that reminded me how nice it is to theorycraft around an item you find. Alright lets get to the point!!!

2.2 : build just got more expensive if you want the full conversion... consuming dark 75% is now legacy so price will explode. Dont worry i tested with new version and you can still make it altho vaal pact become a must since dealing with reflect become a pain in the ass. We lost a little bit of dps witxh is countered by taking the ascendancy class. The tool tip still seem lower but the 100% crit chance does help alot more than what you may think.

note : only the shadow tree is updated for 2.2 i have bren very busy and didnt have time to review the whole thing. I promise i will soon as possible.

Wanna see more?? Follow me on twitch : www.twitch.tv/mrunlcorn

first of all!! what is this darkness ball?!? How insane of you to think there is a darkness ball you'll tell me... Well you are right.

We are using fireball...

Spoiler

this is the only core item. without that your fireball wont do any aoe. and the whole concept is to overlap the fireball explosions to deal 5x the dmg (with gmp) i am currently using 3 of those but it is possible to go up to 5 jewels as you will see below on my passive tree section.

highly recommended items
Spoiler

I highly recommend using the consuming dark because of reflect. crafting this build i went through alot of variation and i always had a problem with reflect. turning the dmg into chaos is the best solution ever... not only do you survive to reflect but reflect does nothing to you :D
that one is not a must it might even kill you form time to time. Altho the dmg boost is amazing :over 5k dps by explosion so a total over 25k dps if triggered properly(i will explain that later)

WARNING!!!those of you who do not care how the build work and only want to play it, you can skip to the passive tree section of the guide.
Spoiler
here are some general info about survivability
Spoiler

first of all, this is not a tanky character. It is however possible to play it as hardcore.
We will be using Mind over Matter keystone and also infernal mantle. Witch means, in order to stay alive we need mana. Since fireball cost 130 mp per cast and we are at 3,73 cast per second it will not be an easy task. Witch is why we will use warlord's mark to leech mana. i also decided to use clear mind jewel (mana regen and spell dmg when no mana is reserved) and because of that i have to run clarity with blood magic. Without this gem, is it possible to also run arctic armour on mana but i do not like reserving mana knowing it will rip me very fast if i ever run out... I am currently using cwdt-firestorm-curse on hit-warlord's mark. Also warlord's mark give us endurance charges and that helps alot with immortal call witch is also linked to a cwdt and a frost wall.
What to avoid!!!
Spoiler
Wasting your mana... have you not payed any attention to what you just read... Nah seriously since we are using MoM it is very important that we avoid dmg as possible. we hate those porcupinethey are honestly a pain in the ass... the use of arctic armour may help surviving this problem tho.
-you can deal with any boss given you use the right technique.
-you can run lower mana regen maps but i would not recommend trying no mana regen maps.

now lets get into the juicy part of the build :D
Spoiler
shadow version done2.2
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAYBAAMeBAcEswVCBx4I9A-rD8QQWBCSES0RLxGWFr8XsBqBG8gc3B9BIvQjNiSLJpUnLylPKgsqOCsKLEYsnDIyMtE2PTpYOtg7DTt8PAU8vT1fQZZFR0V8RZ1JE0lRSotMs1BCUXRSU1MQUzVTUlVLVcZd8l8qYeJirGSdZlRo8mpDbAtsjG0ZcFJ8g3_GgpuD24UyhXuHZYnTieCMNox2jr6PGo_6kFWTH5MnlS6XlZf0mjua4J2qnjyf36EvogCio6aZrrO4k7jKvorAVMBmwzrK08_d0B_Q9dWm44TmWOtj6-Tr7uv17DjtPO987-vwH_DV8YryHQ==?accountName=MrUNIC0RN&characterName=anotherWEIRDunicorn
witch version has a bit more damage than the shadow version
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMBAAMeBAcEswVCBx4I9A-rD8QRLREvEZYVfha_GjgagRslG8gc3B9BIvQkiyaVJy8qCyo4KwosRiycMtE2PTpYOtg7DTt8PAU8vT1fQZZFR0WdSRNJUUuuTLNQQlF0UlNTNVNSVUtVxl3yXyph4mKsZJ1mVGjyadhqQ2wLbIxtGXBSfIN-oX_GgpuD24UyhXuJ04ngjDaOvo8aj_qQVZJ0kx-TJ5Uul5WX9Jo7muCdqp_foS-iAKKjppmus7iTuMq7_L6KwFTAZsM6xvfK08_d0B_Q9dWm2VvfiuOE5ljpAuvk6-7r9ew47TzvfO_r8B_w1fGK8h0=
templar version gains 14% more spell dmg than the witch and 30% more spell dmg than the shadow but requires more points to finish
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwUA-d2LjMCaCarZ_MBmPAVFRwSzn9_vfDLRogCaO-vu8B_tPIKbmuCFMhzcfINo8tWm7DhFnY8aES062IV7KU9TUo6-LJwnL2ZUnjwFQhBYkFWMdkGWh2Wus9D1TLPQHwQHl5Xv6-vkg9tSUzsNXypVxj1fl_Q6WG0ZCPQi9MBUbAtqQ5Mnvop_xu-IUzWhL8rTEZaio_k3UEIHHlF0D8TXz4w2PL2VLhqBO3xJsVVLidMsRvDVppm4ymHicFKP-klRJpUqC-v1XfJkncMJKwryHbmTES8DHuOEH0EbyM_dNj3xip2qbIxirA==
alternate 5 rolling flame jewels
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwMA37CSwY6-ES0snHyDBUIQWOvuQZaHZTLRmuCFMhzcrrPQ9UVHRZ2PGkyzwGZTUtAfBAeXlTwFBLPv6-vkg9tSU5_f73yiADsNXypVxj1fl_SaO_AfOlhtGe08gpto8gj0IvTVpuw4wFRsCzrYhXspT2pDkycnL2ZUnjy-in_G74hTNZBVlG-MdqEvytMRlqKj-TdQQnIPBx4PxNfPjDY8vWaelS47fEmxVUuJ0yxG8NW4ymHicFKP-klRJpUqC-v1XfJknSsK8h0RLwMe44QfQRvIz902PfGKnapsCGyM2-dirEcG

Spoiler
everytime i look at a build i see this section... however, i do think that you should link you gems according to what you have on you.
Anyway, here are the links that you need

movement
Spoiler
this is pretty basic, fortify is great when you like jumping into trouble :D. if you are not using a dagger, you can swap whirling blade with flame dash+
whirling blade + faster attack + fortify

fireball
Spoiler

4link : fireball + spell echo + void manipulation + greater multiple projectile

5link : fireball + spell echo + void manipulation + greater multiple projectile + concentrated effect

6link : fireball + spell echo + void manipulation + greater multiple projectile + concentrated effect + faster casting

curse
Spoiler

cast when damage taken + firestorm + curse on hit + warlord<s mark

cwdt
Spoiler
cast when damage taken + immortal call + frost wall

Aura set up
Spoiler
blood magic + clarity + enlighten

other must have gems (do not need to be linked to anything)
Spoiler

frost wall (manual cast) summon fire golem (nice dps boost) arctic armour ( you never know when it can be usefull)

Spoiler
the gear is typical hybrid gear :

Boots :
Spoiler

-energy shield base type
-life (as much as you can get)
-resist
-movement speed (not am sut as you will use whirling blade all the time)
-dex here might help with the requirement but can fit anywhere else too

Helmet :
Spoiler

-energy shield (you want as high as you can afford here as it is our second biggest es source)
-life
-resist

Gloves :
Spoiler
maligaro is jsut amazing if you could have curse warlord's mark on hit we would be in heaven

if you cannot afford maligaro here any energy shield gloves+life will do

avoid these as you will run out of mana... but hey its your hardcore character not mine so do as you wish :D

rings :
Spoiler

-mana regen!!!!!! i could not put enough importance on this... YOU NEED MANA REGEN!!!! and when you think you ahve enough mana regen... GET MORE MANA REGEN!!!
-life
-energy shield can be a nice add-on to it
-resist to cap what is not already

Amulet :
Spoiler

-spell damage here is great
-you pretty much want to complete your build using your amulet.
-life if you feel like you dont have enough
-resist if you are not cap
-mana is always good
-you can have nice crit chance and crit multi witch would increase drastically your dps
- cast pseed is nice but keep in mind you need more mana regen if you cast faster... AND WHAT DID I SAY ABOUT MANA REGEN!!!!!

weapons :
Spoiler

optimally you want dual wield dagger
consuming dark here is our first choice as it gives gear dps and convert into chaos dmg... the chaos dmg help our survivability. if you want more dmg get a spell dagger off hand. you do not need anything expensive
-crit chance
-crit multi
-spell damage
p.s. you should be abble to get a nice one for just a few chaos

i tried the build with dual void battery but other than being 3 time as expensive it is not that good because we dont take power charges.

there is always the staff option
tried it and it is not bad at all but then again i will let you figure out how to deal with reflect...

pledge of hands is another nice alternative as it helps alot with our mana... WE WANT MORE MANA REGEN!!!!
still the same reflect problem... i guess you could go get vaal pact and drop void manipulation gem for life leech.

Chest piece :
Spoiler

this is our first choice here. as explained above it gives us a 25k dps boost and the 25% fire to chaos make us deal only chaos damage witch allow us to take full advantage of void manipulation. it also make us imune to reflect. the downside is if you are low on mana but hey you should be knowing what im about to tell you... all you need is MORE MANA REGEN!!!!! :D

however, if you decide not to go consuming dark, here are some cool alternative :
if you decide to use a staff
this gives alot of survivability and the fire dmg% will give you some extra :d

if you did put your head insde a microwave and it messed up your brain, you might feel you dont have enough aoe... in that case, use

here is what i am currently wearing : you will see it is nothing fancy
Spoiler

Spoiler

https://youtu.be/S0HrkPbQ_Ak

The complete video showcase with playstyle, passive tree breakdown and gear info.
Beware the video is very long (30minutes) but it says everything i could think about and if you are interested about more specific aspect of the build. this is the video you want to watch
Spoiler
https://youtu.be/8z_T4XBLbDE

i will post some atziri video as soon as i have time

No legacy? no worries :D
Spoiler
you can well manage with 75% conversion instead of 100% (consuming dark + infernal mantle)or you could get 2x consuming dark and any chest piece you want
the downside would be a significant lost of dps...(still got fucking 4573865386328583 million dps)
upside : you can reserve a shit load of mana for either a nice dps aura (wrath or anger??or HoI +curse on hit+warlord's mark/assassin mark?POWER CHARGES!!!!!!!=++++DPS) or blasphemy + one of those curse again :D
upside #2 : you kind of get the dps back and you are more tanky.. i may even try that myself
Last edited by MrUNIC0RN on Apr 3, 2016, 11:09:31 AM
Last bumped on May 7, 2016, 6:06:14 AM
bump
i am currently working on the leveling guide section of this build. i will also add a full atziri clear video and a complete showcase for those laze people who hate reading xD
https://youtu.be/8z_T4XBLbDE here is my build showcase explaining everything you need to know about the build.
Last edited by MrUNIC0RN on Jan 12, 2016, 6:47:08 PM
what skill you recommend for lvling?
"
noctismx wrote:

until you can get at least 1 socket and lmp or gmp linked to fireball i would recommend using firestorm and a fire trap is very usefull early on.

since there are not alot of life nodes close by, i feel like a long range spell is the best solution. Firestorm and fire trap allow you to cast and keep moving witch helps level up faster.
"
MrUNIC0RN wrote:
"
noctismx wrote:

until you can get at least 1 socket and lmp or gmp linked to fireball i would recommend using firestorm and a fire trap is very usefull early on.

since there are not alot of life nodes close by, i feel like a long range spell is the best solution. Firestorm and fire trap allow you to cast and keep moving witch helps level up faster.

thanks, i have one more question.
what bandits for each run(normal,cruel and merciless)?
i'm running as a templar.
Last edited by noctismx on Jan 13, 2016, 11:52:22 AM
"
noctismx wrote:
"
MrUNIC0RN wrote:
"
noctismx wrote:

thanks, i have one more question.
what bandits for each run(normal,cruel and merciless)?
i'm running as a templar.

its all up to you but i recommend oak in normal because you want life since we do not have enought. For cruel and merciless kill all but you could go alira for cast speed altho the faster you cast the more expensive your fireball will be mana wise. If you think you will have enough mana, alira cruel is better than the skill point. Glad i can help :-) i will update the guide with the info. Thanks for pointing it out
Last edited by MrUNIC0RN on Jan 13, 2016, 12:42:27 PM
hey dude i played this build on a shadow and it was AMAZING ! would do again with consuming dark this time :) Do you feel a difference between 3 rolling flames and 5 ? like does it justify reducing your crit chance or not ? Thanks a lot for the build !
that's fucking awesome
I'm not Brazilian.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info