Skill Reveal - Earthquake

"
Luxiel wrote:

You people need to appreciate the game for its flavor, not just for its "clearing speed mate, all that matters mate" factor... Stop grinding and enjoy the game for the novelty it presents.

the most ridiculous thing is in the video, if he swapped out gems and used cyclone he would be clearing the content at about 1/2 of the speed this is going, maybe even slower. Its not only a silly thing to be so focused on, but doubly amusing as it often comes from the same school of thought that says cyclone is the only viable melee skill, despite being significantly slower than gslam, lslam, sweep, reave, frost blades, flicker, cleave, I could probably clear a map faster with an aoe specced infernal blow than I could cyclone atm. Who cares, if it feels engaging thats what its all about. I feel like people talk about clear speed and then go off and play pretty average builds that dont clear maps in a fashion anyone could call fast, they dont rly care its just this borrowed opinion doublethink thing they turn on when talking about the game on the forums or twitch sometimes just to push an agenda.

On the surface it looks like ice crash, but I think the way its going to play will be different, essentially crash, slam etc become spam skills. I see this more like a fire trap prolif type spec where you throw it down, kite the pack into the kill zone on the way to the next pack, throw another one down etc. I dont think GGG should be afraid off adding skills that are quite like other skills in some respects but have an essential difference that makes it unique.
"
Odoakar wrote:
I will not play low aps build.

The game for me is all about dps and attacking and moving as fast as you can.

Fixed that for you.
Last edited by Exile009 on Jan 11, 2016, 12:10:04 PM
"
Odoakar wrote:
I will not play low aps build.

The game for me is all about dps and attacking and moving as fast as you can.

Fixed that for you.
Last edited by Exile009 on Jan 11, 2016, 12:09:42 PM
The new generation of ground slam.
Here's an idea for a new skill, GGG. Just in case you're running low on ideas -

Spatial Distortion
Spell, AoE

Pulls all monsters in an area around your character towards you and slows them for a short duration, then explodes, dealing a % of the total of all their life as damage to each monster.

It's NOT like Abyssal Cry/Infernal Blow in that, firstly, you don't need to kill any initial monster for it to work and, secondly, the damage done is based on total mob pack health (so it'll be a very small % in order to be balanced) rather than % of the individual monsters' health. Also, it's NOT like Vaal Cyclone either. Vaal Cyclone is an attack and so its damage is based on your weapon, it does the same damage regardless of number of mobs, etc. etc. The only similarity is the pulling-in effect and that you have to be tanky for it as well. The way this'll work is that it'll be extremely powerful against large packs (practically 1-shotting bosses if they have enough adds around them), but weak against small ones and totally ineffective against lone monsters. Also, you'll need to be a bit tanky in order to survive the initial couple seconds with them swarming around you. ;)

Extra props for making it look like a black hole! :D

PS: Yes, all you haters, it won't be the most effective mainline skill. But it promotes a certain playstyle of its own that can, I feel, be a lot of fun. Or just use it as a finisher or fun add-on, like we used to do (and hopefully some still do) with many of the Vaal skills. :)
Last edited by Exile009 on Jan 11, 2016, 12:56:28 PM
This looks so sick. I already have a few ideas on some builds.
"
Arifureta wrote:
I wish you guys would make a bow skill that pulls mobs towards the user. Make it like it deals 20% damage and it damages the user according to the amount of mobs pulled like 100 = 10% life/es. Linked with pierce it could grab hold on a whole bunch of mobs,

Already possible with Empire's Grasp.
"
Khisanth wrote:
"
Arifureta wrote:
I wish you guys would make a bow skill that pulls mobs towards the user. Make it like it deals 20% damage and it damages the user according to the amount of mobs pulled like 100 = 10% life/es. Linked with pierce it could grab hold on a whole bunch of mobs,

Already possible with Empire's Grasp.

Hmm...that reminds me of the Hook Shot skill from the Zelda games. :D

Also, Empire's Grasp makes it needlessly complex - you'd need an attack (probably Split Arrow so as to save on LMP/GMP) + Knockback + Pierce, besides Empire's Grasp itself. And even with that setup, it'd take several shots to pull distant mobs all the way to you. What he's asking for is a single gem skill that pulls any hit mobs all the way to your face, just as Brutus does, and that leaves our gloves alone.
Last edited by Exile009 on Jan 11, 2016, 1:01:46 PM
Don't you think it's the axe and sword that needs a new skill not maces? Slashing weapons have cleave instead of blunt's ground slam, tell me which one is more useful.
yet another '0 fps when used with multistrike' skill animation.
Problem: impostor syndrome
Solution: nerf everything
Result: depressing mess
Last edited by a_z0_9 on Jan 11, 2016, 1:05:49 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info